Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden gems

1. Re: Hidden gems

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Justice Hill was given ample opportunity to prove he belongs in the NFL. And he proved he doesn't.
    Our IOL agony may be ending Colon-Costillo and Ben Powers looked more than adequate. Bright futures.
    Moral victories are still losses, but this one doesn't hurt too badly.
    Hill had a few really good runs. I'm not sure why you don't think he belongs in the NFL. Hell, his Special Teams play alone probably guarantees him a solid 4-6 year career, barring major injury. Chris Moore pretty much earned his entire rookie contract on ST alone.

Other bright spots I saw:
    - Nick Moore had clean snaps all night!
    - Marquise showed some awesome wiggle to gain some huge YAC on the McSorely TD. Maybe that gets him going down this final stretch!
    - I found out we have a PS Tight End with the last name "Culkin." So his nickname practically writes itself!

Re: Hidden gems

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Hill had a few really good runs. I'm not sure why you don't think he belongs in the NFL. Hell, his Special Teams play alone probably guarantees him a solid 4-6 year career, barring major injury. Chris Moore pretty much earned his entire rookie contract on ST alone.

Other bright spots I saw:
    - Nick Moore had clean snaps all night!
    - Marquise showed some awesome wiggle to gain some huge YAC on the McSorely TD. Maybe that gets him going down this final stretch!
    - I found out we have a PS Tight End with the last name "Culkin." So his nickname practically writes itself!
    Hill absolutely looked like he belonged out there. He may not be JK but he's got some serious wiggle & runs physically. Only reason he didnt score that TD was because either the refs are garbage OR Wilson really did freaking block him with his leg.

Wilson is like a broke ass Lee Evans!

Harris played well as a brief sub for Peters.

& it is nothing short of criminal that Marquise doesnt touch the ball 5x a game in a variety of ways. He's great in open space & Roman needs to scheme him like did earlier this year up until the Pittsburgh game.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Unfortunately I’m wondering how many passes they even let Griffin throw. I’d love some just reps/targets for the young pass catchers.
    After that bush league pick 6 I’ve seen enough of RG3.

Glad to hear that Colon-Castillo and Nick Moore did well. Also still holding out home for Justice Hill, he probably just needs more snaps to get going. How were the tight ends (other than the end zone drop)? I tried to catch the game on dazn but it stopped working so I only got to see the highlights :/

Blog Entries

Harris looked good and will probably see time with Jimmy hurt.

My man Warrior was the only PS player that didn’t play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Hill absolutely looked like he belonged out there. He may not be JK but he's got some serious wiggle & runs physically. Only reason he didnt score that TD was because either the refs are garbage OR Wilson really did freaking block him with his leg.

Wilson is like a broke ass Lee Evans!

Harris played well as a brief sub for Peters.

& it is nothing short of criminal that Marquise doesnt touch the ball 5x a game in a variety of ways. He's great in open space & Roman needs to scheme him like did earlier this year up until the Pittsburgh game.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I would just like to echo this post.

Thanks

7. Re: Hidden gems

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    My man Warrior was the only PS player that didn’t play
    Actually, 4 of Nigel Warrior's fellow PS teammates also were not called up: WR Jaylon Moore, DB Nate Brooks, CB Nate Hairston & CB Pierre Desir. There were 10 players activated from the PS, while the organization opted not to bring up 5 more. I suppose there would have likely been at least 1 more called up had Will Holden not been on the COVID list. Counting him rounds out the 16-man PS. Additionally, Eli Wolf is on PS IR.

Electing not to bring up those extra players who were available feels extremely peculiar, especially considering being up to 12 players short — depending upon dressing the mandatory minimum of 8 OL in order to reach the maximum of 48 active — what with having a measly 36 total. Certainly, all of those PS players who were not promoted could have helped give others breathers by at least contributing on ST duties.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 12-03-2020 at 11:32 PM.