Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens players call your rep! NFLPA needs to step in

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Somewhat abnormal to not have subs on the d line. Could see that causing an increased injury risk.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    So you are saying just because they are backups or have to actually play an entire game that they are at risk of injury and should cancel the game.

Do you understand how fucking absurd this would sound to teams/players just ten yeas ago?

I just hope you guys pull off a Win. I also hope nobody else gets sick and your players that are sick heal fast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    If the spread of the virus is contained and there isn't any more risk to exposing more, then this game will get played. Calling the league to whine isn't going to change anything. It's how the rules were set and will be applied to every team.

We did this to ourselves. We deserve what we get from here on out.
    #endthread
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

4. Re: Ravens players call your rep! NFLPA needs to step in

48 players is plenty to play a game. You don't need tight ends as you can go with 4 receiver sets. This line-up will be better than the last pre-season game. Of course the Ravens will most likely lose but I don''t see a reason to stop it other than to stop the spread of Covid. Maybe the NFL should just shut down for the year.

I do find it hilarious that Baltimore County shut down all youth sports but yet the Ravens can practice in the county and totally disregard any Covid protocols.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just forfeit, grab the L and get a better draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one wants to do that because that means the players don't get paid for the game. That's for the Ravens and Steelers. They're not paying a game check to get a win

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one wants to do that because that means the players don't get paid for the game. That's for the Ravens and Steelers. They're not paying a game check to get a win
    G'man, the NFLPA, LOL! Here's a proposition, let the players decide, and if they want the game canceled (a Ravens forfeit) then they won't get paid for it. IOW one less 2020 paycheck. OR play it Tues or Thurs night, reschedule it, just as sure as there are 16 regular season games and the players get paid for a full season. Do you even wonder how the NFLPA would vote? I'd bet that money talks, fans B.S. walks... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The NFLPA, LOL! Here's a proposition, let the players decide, and if they want the game canceled (a Ravens forfeit) then they won't get paid for it. IOW one less 2020 paycheck. OR play it Tues or Thurs night, reschedule it, just as sure as there are 16 regular season games and the players get paid for a full season. Do you even wonder how the NFLPA would vote? I'd bet that money talks, fans B.S. walks... Bc
    Absolutely. The NFLPA is about getting players the most money they can. Most players want to get play and get paid. They all had an opt out option before the season and only about 70 decided to opt out. That leaves almost 2,000 players including practice squads who all signed on for this. I have no problem with the players deciding to not play this game but I don't see any way they do that

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Ravens players call your rep! NFLPA needs to step in

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Absolutely. The NFLPA is about getting players the most money they can. Most players want to get play and get paid. They all had an opt out option before the season and only about 70 decided to opt out. That leaves almost 2,000 players including practice squads who all signed on for this. I have no problem with the players deciding to not play this game but I don't see any way they do that
    Right, ya know GOTA, just notice that those high-and-mighty folks (fans, writers, talking heads, "experts", etc.) are the ones calling for cancelation or forfeit, as they prattle on as long as they have nothing to lose.
    The minute they'd lose a single dollar, they'd have a change of heart... Bc

Right, ya know GOTA, just notice that those high-and-mighty folks (fans, writers, talking heads, "experts", etc.) are the ones calling for cancelation or forfeit, as they prattle on as long as they have nothing to lose.
    The minute they'd lose a single dollar, they'd have a change of heart... Bc
    Unfortunately workers in every other industry dont have the leverage with the D.S. as professional sports.

G'man, the NFLPA, LOL! Here's a proposition, let the players decide, and if they want the game canceled (a Ravens forfeit) then they won't get paid for it. IOW one less 2020 paycheck. OR play it Tues or Thurs night, reschedule it, just as sure as there are 16 regular season games and the players get paid for a full season. Do you even wonder how the NFLPA would vote? I'd bet that money talks, fans B.S. walks... Bc
    If only our big government would support people during a global pandemic that's killed 200,000 people already maybe professional sports orgs wouldn't have to risk their employees health in order to make money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    If only our big government would support people during a global pandemic that's killed 200,000 people already maybe professional sports orgs wouldn't have to risk their employees health in order to make money.
    So you feel our "big government" doesn't support it's people? I guess you've forgotten how many people are on-the-dole/unemployment, Medicaid, plus so many other gov't programs that make all our lives better, but you've seemingly taken for granted. This is a Global Pandemic, something new humankind has to deal with that unfortunately takes too many innocent lives. If you believe there is a Magic Pill that will make all of us immune, but the government is holding it back, then please let us know so we can legally protest.
    Pro sports organizations aren't risking their employee's health, the employees can do that all by themselves. NFL players knew about COVID before the season started, and nobody forced them to stay. With so many ordinary folks losing part or all of their livelihood, then a pro football player can decide if his paycheck is more important than risking his health and that of his family. Yes, both parties do it in order to make money, or is that wrong in your eyes?

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    The overreaction to the Bat Flu is astounding.
    I can see you don't anyone who had it.