Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Stills

Re: Kenny Stills

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You’ve repeated yourself so many times, do you have anything new to add or do you just want to try to keep your thread going?
    Psh! If anyone knows anything about keeping their own thread going it is I!

I'm with QTR on this one.. it seems lately that we just don't hit on cheap guys that hit free agency the way that we used to and I'm not saying Stills is some guarantee game changer here but he is low risk. If the consensus around most of the league is that he's done and is a problem child, boo freaking hoo about what ever he said to Miamis owner. That ain't got a thing to do with us.. and Houston has been no stranger to dysfunction this year so what else they got? He's 6'2 under the age of 30 and can run. We lack playmaking ability at the position to the point where we just signed a guy in his 30s that hadn't played in 2 years. Just sign the beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Psh! If anyone knows anything about keeping their own thread going it is I!

I'm with QTR on this one.. it seems lately that we just don't hit on cheap guys that hit free agency the way that we used to and I'm not saying Stills is some guarantee game changer here but he is low risk. If the consensus around most of the league is that he's done and is a problem child, boo freaking hoo about what ever he said to Miamis owner. That ain't got a thing to do with us.. and Houston has been no stranger to dysfunction this year so what else they got? He's 6'2 under the age of 30 and can run. We lack playmaking ability at the position to the point where we just signed a guy in his 30s that hadn't played in 2 years. Just sign the beast!
    As someone that is a head coach albeit at the high school level I learned long ago from my mentor when I was a college assistant that if you have a cancer on the team it is like the dreaded disease you have to cut it out and get rid of it before it spreads. There is a reason he has been on four teams in seven years, and a team whose receiving corps are depleted just cut him. He is a distraction. Period. Like I said before the juice isn't worth the squeeze. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    This is all so disingenuous. If it's about the special song I wish people would say that it's about the special song.
    What's the "special song"?

I think sometimes and sometimes I don't think and this time I think get him for remainder of the season. It's quite obvious we need SOMETHING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I know and respect people for their political beliefs or beliefs in generall but you guys got to chill with all this especially since alot of you guys wanted to see The Ravens sign AB who still to this day has a sexual assault/rape charge that hasn't been resolved which totally worse than what Kenny Still has said or done.

I never wanted AB.

And like I said it isn't about Stills kneeling though my personal distaste for that activity is obvious it's about a total lack of awareness and understanding of people on the otherside of the issue or even people on the same side who want to go about bringing change in a different way.

These people I really have no use for I mean we've all dealt with them people who walk around like they know everything when in reality they know nothing and refuse to listen but always want to be heard.

There is a reason why he's bounced around the league so much and there is a reason why he has admitted many of his teammates don't like him. Why would we want to bring that into our lockerroom? And really lets not pretend anyone advocating for his signing are doing so because they think he is the answer I mean do we really have to do this after everyone of these players are released? Next we know someone is going to create a lets sign Keapernick so he can play tuesday thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What's the "special song"?
    Stills doesn't stand for the anthem, that's why people are saying he's ' a cancer' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You’ve repeated yourself so many times, do you have anything new to add or do you just want to try to keep your thread going?
    I don't care about keeping the thread going. I've repeated some facts to try to counter some of the weak, bad faith 'football' arguments people are using when their real objections to the player are politically motivated.

I've tried to keep the discussion focused on football but so much shit has been thrown against the wall in this thread in the hope that some sticks that I've felt like I should try to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    There is a reason he has been on four teams in seven years, and a team whose receiving corps are depleted just cut him.
    He's been on 3 teams and every move was a trade.

I wish our receiving corps was as 'depleted' as the Texans'.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    As someone that is a head coach albeit at the high school level I learned long ago from my mentor when I was a college assistant that if you have a cancer on the team it is like the dreaded disease you have to cut it out and get rid of it before it spreads. There is a reason he has been on four teams in seven years, and a team whose receiving corps are depleted just cut him. He is a distraction. Period. Like I said before the juice isn't worth the squeeze. No thanks
    Cooks has been on 4 teams 😂 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I never wanted AB.

And like I said it isn't about Stills kneeling though my personal distaste for that activity is obvious it's about a total lack of awareness and understanding of people on the otherside of the issue or even people on the same side who want to go about bringing change in a different way.

These people I really have no use for I mean we've all dealt with them people who walk around like they know everything when in reality they know nothing and refuse to listen but always want to be heard.

There is a reason why he's bounced around the league so much and there is a reason why he has admitted many of his teammates don't like him. Why would we want to bring that into our lockerroom? And really lets not pretend anyone advocating for his signing are doing so because they think he is the answer I mean do we really have to do this after everyone of these players are released? Next we know someone is going to create a lets sign Keapernick so he can play tuesday thread.
    Does the name Earl Thomas ring a bell with anyone? Stills = Thomas

Stills doesn't stand for the anthem, that's why people are saying he's 'a cancer' etc.
    Oh fer fuck's sake.

I don't care about keeping the thread going. I've repeated some facts to try to counter some of the weak, bad faith 'football' arguments people are using when their real objections to the player are politically motivated.

I've tried to keep the discussion focused on football but so much shit has been thrown against the wall in this thread in the hope that some sticks that I've felt like I should try to counter it.
    Why do you keep say this about the National Anthem? For me not acquiring Stills has nothing to do with the National Anthem.

He has a history of not interacting well with his teammates, and not accepting of people on his team or in his organization that have divergent political views. Yes, he is a cancer that grew up in the wealthiest of backgrounds and has proven throughout his career to behave like a spoiled petulant child. Talent wise could we use him? Probably yes, but we don't need the headache.