Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Stills

Re: Kenny Stills

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    This is not accurate.

New Orleans drafted him in the 5th then traded him to Miami for Danelle Ellerbe and a 3rd. So he was a successful draft pick.

Miami re-signed him for $32M after his rookie contract. So they thought it was a successful trade.

Houston (stupidly) traded for him as part of the Tunsil deal even though he was on an expensive contracy, so they must have thought he had value at the time. Miami let him go because they were getting rid of all their expensive contracts in their tank/rebuild plan.

Houston cut him because they were paying him too much, because they have Fuller, Cooks and Cobb ahead of him and he's not in their future plans. You know, the normal reasons teams cut veterans.

There's no evidence in any of this that he's 'a locker room cancer' or that teams consistently want to get rid of him. The only reason you're trying to imply he's a troublemaker is because of the special song, as BHC calls it.
    You’re leaving some stuff out. Stills publicly calls out Miami owner Ross for donating to Trump campaign.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...greed-disagree

Two weeks later he’s traded to Houston with Tunsil.

Once traded to Texans, Stills continues to call out Ross for doing something as horrible as making a charitable donation.

https://www.westernjournal.com/nfl-a...-fight-racism/

If you’re going to tell the story, tell the story. You’re just trying to paint Stills as Mr. Good Guy. Who publicly goes after the person who pays his salary like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You’re just trying to paint Stills as Mr. Good Guy. Who publicly goes after the person who pays his salary like that?
    I didn't say he was a good guy, just that he doesn't seem to be 'a locker room cancer' or a bad team mate. Nothing you've posted says he is either.

Without trying to get too political, NFL owners profit from the players who sacrifice their bodies. They're not giving the players anything.

In the main, NFL owners are profit takers more than value adders and they're entitled to no more and no less respect than the cleaners or the kitchen porters.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I didn't say he was a good guy, just that he doesn't seem to be 'a locker room cancer' or a bad team mate. Nothing you've posted says he is either.

Without trying to get too political, NFL owners profit from the players who sacrifice their bodies. They're not giving the players anything.

In the main, NFL owners are profit takers more than value adders and they're entitled to no more and no less respect than the cleaners or the kitchen porters.
    I was always taught don’t s&$# where you eat, but I guess that’s old fashioned thinking now. I’m going to show respect to whoever signs my paycheck, and if I have a problem I’ll handle it in private like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Stills has consistently protested during the special song, so, you know, that makes him a bad guy in the eyes of some.
    He's a political bigot who has attacked his employeer, fans, teammates and pretty much everyone who doesn't fall inline with his extreme viewpoints.

So no I don't want his divisiveness on this team and I don't believe it is what we need to get back on track. Nor most importantly I don't believe the distraction is worth what he brings to the table from a football standpoint.

Just say no.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    He's a political bigot who has attacked his employeer, fans, teammates and pretty much everyone who doesn't fall inline with his extreme viewpoints.

So no I don't want his divisiveness on this team and I don't believe it is what we need to get back on track. Nor most importantly I don't believe the distraction is worth what he brings to the table from a football standpoint.

Just say no.
    Why is it only views from one side of the political spectrum that have the power to divide and distract players; essentially to put them off their game?

And, since Stills is coming from the same general viewpoint as the statement put out by the Ravens players and organisation, who exactly would be divided or distracted by him?

Blog Entries

Was Stills the one arrested for protesting on someone’s property?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    And Harbs is so stubborn he will still send out Boykin for more reps anyway.
    As he obviously should.

What about Graham Nash or David Crosby?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    As he obviously should.
    Why? He’s useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest to god question that anyone could provide an answer....

Why in gods name would any WR, in their right mind, looking to prop up their value for a next contract want to sign here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Honest to god question that anyone could provide an answer....

Why in gods name would any WR, in their right mind, looking to prop up their value for a next contract want to sign here?
    why did arob sign in chicago with mitch?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Why? He’s useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea let's keep doing the same thing that doesn't work