Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Stills

Re: Kenny Stills

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Nothing. He's just made some left wing political statements and some right wing posters don't like him.
    I don't understand. They don't have to vote for him, just, hopefully, watch him catch some passes.
    Thats it? Who cares, as long as he can catch.

Withe the way people were posting about it I thought it was a DV issue.

Not sure if we have the cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I am not opposed, but I don't see it altering their trajectory in any way, really.

The Ravens have a worse record than the Packers and would be ahead of them in the waiver list.

Oh I thought the waiver wire go according to the the draft order of this year but ok.

Yeah, if some poster's objections are about political views, then I'm all for signing Stills if he makes it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Yeah, if some poster's objections are about political views, then I'm all for signing Stills if he makes it to us.
    It’s both. He’s a way better SJW than he is a receiver, I have no idea why people are enamored with the fourth or fifth option on a passing team with 10 catches in 11 games. They wanted him gone so bad in Miami that he was just a throw in when they were making the Tunsil deal. The Ravens aren’t that desperate.

I realize that every receiver that becomes available that has a recognizable name is just perfect for the Ravens, but look a little bit deeper and Miles Boykin is more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s both. He’s a way better SJW than he is a receiver, I have no idea why people are enamored with the fourth or fifth option on a passing team with 10 catches in 11 games. They wanted him gone so bad in Miami that he was just a throw in when they were making the Tunsil deal. The Ravens aren’t that desperate.

I realize that every receiver that becomes available that has a recognizable name is just perfect for the Ravens, but look a little bit deeper and Miles Boykin is more productive.
    Boykin is an excellent blocker too.

Kenny Stills was being misused by The Texans and when the texans decided to sign Randall Cobbs and trade for Brandin Cooks there was simply not enough opportunites for Stills. Boykins may be more productive than Stills this year but he is not a better receiver. You guys need to look at Kenny Stills total body of work before just judging one season because Stills is a good receiver but The Ravens just added Dez Bryant to their 53 man roster so I doubt they sign Stills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Kenny Stills was being misused by The Texans and when the texans decided to sign Randall Cobbs and trade for Brandin Cooks there was simply not enough opportunites for Stills. Boykins may be more productive than Stills this year but he is not a better receiver. You guys need to look at Kenny Stills total body of work before just judging one season because Stills is a good receiver but The Ravens just added Dez Bryant to their 53 man roster so I doubt they sign Stills as well.
    Why wouldn’t there be opportunities for a receiver as good as you say Stills is? After losing Hopkins they still had Stills but traded for Cooks and brought in Cobb anyway. Stills could have had a bigger role after Hopkins if they believed it.

[QUOTE=QtR Nevermore;1996864]No he hasn't. Unless 'distraction' is a code word meaning "I disagree with his politics."
    I don't understand why that matters to so many people.[/QUOTE

HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans have released veteran wide receiver Kenny Stills.
    Despite being undermanned this season at the position after the offseason trade of All-Pro Deandre Hopkins to Arizona, Houston decided Friday to cut Stills.

1. He is on his FOURTH team in seven and a half years. The Texans are "undermanned" at the wide receiver position. Why do you think the Texans are releasing him? He is a distraction to the team just like he was in Miami. Addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    There is none. Stills has left wing views but it hasn't proved controversial.

Are you just saying you don't want any players on the Ravens with political opinions different from your own? Because they're already here. Even the statement the Ravens organisation put out was to the left of centre (in US terms), calling out Mitch by name and so on.

Stills isn't good enough? Have you seen the Ravens receivers?
    Stills, although a talented player - you cant ignore that THREE teams have kicked him to the curb. Paying a lot of money just to get rid of him. There is no way you can't say he isnt a locker room cancer.

Sean Payton was done with him as a second year 22 y/o WR that just came off a 63 catch, 931 yard season.

Miami was done with him 18 months after giving him a 4 year, $32m contract.

Houston was done with him a year after trading TWO- 1st round picks & a 2nd for him and Tunsil. Even ATE $6m to let him walk.

Why wouldn’t there be opportunities for a receiver as good as you say Stills is? After losing Hopkins they still had Stills but traded for Cooks and brought in Cobb anyway. Stills could have had a bigger role after Hopkins if they believed it.

We are talking about a team that was basically ran by Bill O'Brien as their general manager and head coach until he was fired. We all know he made some questionable decisions. Kenny Stills is a outside receiver with some ability to play in the slot. When The Texans signed Randall Cobb and traded for Brandin Cook it was bound to be harder for him to get playing time unless Will Fuller would miss games which I don't think has been the case for Fuller this year as much in years past.

He's not better than those receivers when they are healthy.Now when you look at The Ravens wide receiver situation Kenny Stills is probably The Ravens number 2 receiver right away if not number one.

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Stills, although a talented player - you cant ignore that THREE teams have kicked him to the curb. Paying a lot of money just to get rid of him. There is no way you can't say he isnt a locker room cancer.

Sean Payton was done with him as a second year 22 y/o WR that just came off a 63 catch, 931 yard season.

Miami was done with him 18 months after giving him a 4 year, $32m contract.

Houston was done with him a year after trading TWO- 1st round picks & a 2nd for him and Tunsil. Even ATE $6m to let him walk.
    This is not accurate.

New Orleans drafted him in the 5th then traded him to Miami for Danelle Ellerbe and a 3rd. So he was a successful draft pick.

Miami re-signed him for $32M after his rookie contract. So they thought it was a successful trade.

Houston (stupidly) traded for him as part of the Tunsil deal even though he was on an expensive contracy, so they must have thought he had value at the time. Miami let him go because they were getting rid of all their expensive contracts in their tank/rebuild plan.

Houston cut him because they were paying him too much, because they have Fuller, Cooks and Cobb ahead of him and he's not in their future plans. You know, the normal reasons teams cut veterans.

There's no evidence in any of this that he's 'a locker room cancer' or that teams consistently want to get rid of him. The only reason you're trying to imply he's a troublemaker is because of the special song, as BHC calls it.