Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Redskins rule and we drool

The bear has awakened from it's slumber. Admit it, we're envious. Smug for so many years. Look what happens when a fake quarterback is replaced with an NFL quarterback. Except it wouldn't help us as much as the Skins, for despite Snyder and the Haskins pick, the FO concentrated on it's defensive front and OL and signed guys off the street for their secondary high supply positions (bax, receivers). The no names in those positions are outperforming ours money guys cuz what matters is all up front.

Chase, Montez and the boys show that purple passion we all once loved.

Bruce Allen in, EDC out? Scott Mac? I'm tired of the cute "packages" and draft pix. What say you?

They are coming on and look a lot like the Ravens champs...except with good uniforms. It's amazing what their FO guys accomplished under Snyder. EDC had "relative" autonomy, except answering to semi-owner Harbs, and we're all screwed up. Come to think of it, Harbs is likely the source for the "cuteness"...and we're stuck with him unless he gets creeped out by Bisciotti's affection.

If Bruce could work despite Snyder, he could possibly work despite Harbs. EDC is too staff.
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 11-27-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Re: Redskins rule and we drool

???

The WFT is 4-7 and only in first place because they play in the NFC Least.

They haven't accomplished anything.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Dallas played the most inept game I've seen in quite some time - fumbles, INTs and the worse fake punt in the history of the world. They may not win another game...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Please do not feed.

The Deadskins have certainly improved by adding Chase & McLauren, and ending the Haskins experiment. At best, however, they'd go 6-10, with Steelers, Seahawks & 49ers on their schedule.

Next year: could they actually get better? Will Alex Smith retire, and send them back into another vortex? Given Snyder's history of 146-200 (5 winning seasons out of 22), chances of failure are great.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Saw this this morning and was really hoping no one would reply. Clearly bait. And based on how insane the idea that Bruce Allen is some great GM after the past however many years he’s failed at that job... I mean I think he’s clearly a troll.

4. Trolling, repetitive posts that do not add value to the flow of a discussion, excessive smack talk or disruptive discussions will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderator. NOTE: Trolling can be any post that's sole design is to generate a negative reaction from the board - by Ravens fans as well as other team's fans.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    ???

The WFT is 4-7 and only in first place because they play in the NFC Least.

They haven't accomplished anything.
    Nor has anybody. They could easily have won five in a row. I think they will be the team to take down the Steelers perfection. One key indicator is the offensive consistency with Mac and Gibsite. I bet my Ravens fan kid they will win a playoff game, at least. The defense is coming together rapidly cuz they built it right. WFT will be a dangerous post-season team, not much pressure on them, like the Ravens bowl runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Dallas played the most inept game I've seen in quite some time - fumbles, INTs and the worse fake punt in the history of the world. They may not win another game...
    This is true. As I said when Dak went down, the next week when Zeke fumbled (intentionally) twice....they wouldn't win another game. Then the next week they hung "Opie" out to dry and the Redskins guy took his shot for Dak. It's about forcing Jerry to pay Dak. Not much integrity on the NFL anymore, it's about the union bros, regardless of jersey. I hope Jerry stands firm, Dak is overrated.

-----

For Allen naysayers, I understand your point but it was under Snyder and the team is rock solid now. What about Scot Mac? Do you really think EDC is better? EDC isn't even respected by the Bisciotti/Harbs block. He's viewed as Ozzie's staff...it'll never work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The Deadskins have certainly improved by adding Chase & McLauren, and ending the Haskins experiment. At best, however, they'd go 6-10, with Steelers, Seahawks & 49ers on their schedule.

Next year: could they actually get better? Will Alex Smith retire, and send them back into another vortex? Given Snyder's history of 146-200 (5 winning seasons out of 22), chances of failure are great.
    I would argue on ending the Haskins experiment. They aren't going to win in the playoffs with Alex Smith. Haskins needs to play more to evaluate.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    Nor has anybody. They could easily have won five in a row. I think they will be the team to take down the Steelers perfection. One key indicator is the offensive consistency with Mac and Gibsite. I bet my Ravens fan kid they will win a playoff game, at least. The defense is coming together rapidly cuz they built it right. WFT will be a dangerous post-season team, not much pressure on them, like the Ravens bowl runs.
    Their defense is good. But I'm not buying the hype about a team that has only won 4 games. The Lions have the 2nd ranked defense in the league and has only won 4 games also. But their the 11th seed in the NFC currently. If the NFC East had a team with a winning record, the WFT wouldn't sniff the playoffs.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

the only way you get those players is by only winning 2 games a year. now that the no-names are winning 5-6 games a year they will fall back to their historical low. 2 of the 3 redskin super bowls were in strike shortened seasons. the no-names neither have a past or a future.

12. Re: Redskins rule and we drool

First of all, kindly knock it off with the racial slurs. It might be acceptable if you were talking about a year where the Washington team actually used the nickname you describe, but that is not the name this year, and this year's team is what you're talking about.

Secondly, the Ravens are 6-4 and the Washington Football Club is 4-7. That makes the Ravens better. The NFC East's general ineptitude might let you guys win a division title, which, if you pull it off, is rightfully yours and I am not trying to minimize that (Hang it from your rafters with pride), but I still think it'd be fair to say that the Ravens are the better team. We're just in a tougher division.

I'm actually a big fan of having divisions where all the teams play each other twice to be champions of what in theory is some kind of geographic area, and giving the winners a title banner, a playoff berth, and home field in their first playoff game. However, as you may be aware, many people are against it, and this year's NFC East is giving them a very effective talking point. I really hope whichever team wins that division can at least get up to 8-8, because failure to do so may cause the NFL to lessen the importance of divisions in general (By rule), and I like it when they are at least somewhat important.

Thirdly, you are the first Washington football fan in like the last 20 years or so who I have ever seen say anything positive about Daniel Synder. You have the right to your opinion, but if you are representative of the broader fan base, it shows even more fickleness than I have come to expect from fans of that franchise, who were pretty fickle to begin with. Don't get me wrong, Washington fans are always fans of their team, they aren't fickle in that respect, it's just that no matter how bad the team is looking, some of them start every year saying their team is going to be Super Bowl champions, practically weep with joy if they have a winning preseason record, and after like 4 or 5 weeks of the regular season, stop watching the games regularly and want everyone to sell/be fired/get traded/be cut/whatever.j

Honestly, if the Ravens were in a situation where they were 4-7 and led their division, I'd be happy we were on pace for a division title and a playoff berth, but with a losing record I can't imagine trolling on the forums of winning teams about how much better we are than them. Like, okay, enjoy what your team is doing, but it's not like they're 11-0, or even 6-5.

Fourthly, honest opinion- I would take the Ravens current roster over the Washington Football Team's roster any day of the week. Clearly, the Ravens do have some things to work on, both this season in the remaining weeks, in the off-season, and as we work our way to next season, but we were 14-2 last year and have a winning record this year. It's not a situation that is going to require a complete rebuild or whatever. Even if we wind up with a new head coach or offensive coordinator, it's still kind of one of those, make some signings and draft some good players and design some new plays and maybe a new training and practice regime *at most* and see what happens situations.
    Last edited by CharmCityCrab; 11-28-2020 at 07:43 PM.