Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Redskins rule and we drool

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    First of all, kindly knock it off with the racial slurs. It might be acceptable if you were talking about a year where the Washington team actually used the nickname you describe, but that is not the name this year, and this year's team is what you're talking about.
    I emphatically deny the charge...but the rest is good and I appreciate your thoughts, Crab....as I do all postings.

Secondly, the Ravens are 6-4 and the Washington Football Club is 4-7. That makes the Ravens better. The NFC East's general ineptitude might let you guys win a division title, which, if you pull it off, is rightfully yours and I am not trying to minimize that (Hang it from your rafters with pride), but I still think it'd be fair to say that the Ravens are the better team. We're just in a tougher division.
    "you guys"...actually, I have two teams and they both play games in my beloved "DMV". We are lucky in this regard. I was Colts only but after Steadman drove them out, I liked how Joe Gibbsite coached, particularly the in-game fighter guy and strategist. Harbs is far from him. RFK was also a fun place to watch a game.

I'm actually a big fan of having divisions where all the teams play each other twice to be champions of what in theory is some kind of geographic area, and giving the winners a title banner, a playoff berth, and home field in their first playoff game. However, as you may be aware, many people are against it, and this year's NFC East is giving them a very effective talking point. I really hope whichever team wins that division can at least get up to 8-8, because failure to do so may cause the NFL to lessen the importance of divisions in general (By rule), and I like it when they are at least somewhat important.
    I hope not because WFT will be written off going in, unlike the ominous pressure preceding the playoff games of the past two years @ Camden. As I said, WFT is resembling the 00 and 12 Ravens.

Thirdly, you are the first Washington football fan in like the last 20 years or so who I have ever seen say anything positive about Daniel Synder. You have the right to your opinion, but if you are representative of the broader fan base, it shows even more fickleness than I have come to expect from fans of that franchise, who were pretty fickle to begin with. Don't get me wrong, Washington fans are always fans of their team, they aren't fickle in that respect, it's just that no matter how bad the team is looking, some of them start every year saying their team is going to be Super Bowl champions, practically weep with joy if they have a winning preseason record, and after like 4 or 5 weeks of the regular season, stop watching the games regularly and want everyone to sell/be fired/get traded/be cut/whatever.
    I can't stand Snyder, but I'm amazed the FO was able to build this team despite him. I, for once, am hoping the NFL's scheme to get rid of him on some (usual) sexual basis will work. But two problems, one, Snyder isn't interested directly in call girls and stuff like Richardson, Kraft, Donald Sterling of the NBA, etc and two, Snyder will lawyer up like none of those guys. WFT is his lifelong conquest of being a geek and jock wannabe...his essence is still a teenager shunned by girls and sitting as a nobody with his old man.

One thing I want to add, Gibbsite was the only HC who shut Snyder down, and he was involved with bringing Rivera in, so the credit here has to, at least partially, go to Joe Gubbsite. I think he has Snyder in a box, temporarily.

Honestly, if the Ravens were in a situation where they were 4-7 and led their division, I'd be happy we were on pace for a division title and a playoff berth, but with a losing record I can't imagine trolling on the forums of winning teams about how much better we are than them. Like, okay, enjoy what your team is doing, but it's not like they're 11-0, or even 6-5.
    Again, I'm a "DMV" football fan and I simply call what is true. The fact is, WFT is trending up, Ravens trending down.

Fourthly, honest opinion- I would take the Ravens current roster over the Washington Football Team's roster any day of the week. Clearly, the Ravens do have some things to work on, both this season in the remaining weeks, in the off-season, and as we work our way to next season, but we were 14-2 last year and have a winning record this year. It's not a situation that is going to require a complete rebuild or whatever. Even if we wind up with a new head coach or offensive coordinator, it's still kind of one of those, make some signings and draft some good players and design some new plays and maybe a new training and practice regime *at most* and see what happens situations.
    Totally disagree. The Ravens roster is garbage. It is true, as the other guy said, a couple of 2 win seasons netted WFT some studs...but if that's what it takes, and EDC (in deference to Harbs) has shown nothing to the contrary, the Ravens should wave the white flag now. The 14 wins is a distant, one off memory as Lamar doesn't have it. I'm also amazed Rivera could dump Haskins despite Snyder...but that's Gibbsite. Admitting failure and correcting is not easy for FOs and especially Snyder. Will the Ravens not succumb to Stephen A and not sign Lamar to big bux? That would destroy the team for five years, on top of the amazingly bad cornerback deals.

Although, I think Lamar's problems are in the dressing room with the Ravens AA guys but that's another matter.

It reminds me of Joe Thomas getting rid of Johnathan Constantinople Unitas. The man was like six, seven years past his shelf life, cost the Colts and their amazing defense two or three additional Bowls in my estimate (67, 68 and 71). Baltimore was crying and never forgave Thomas/Irsay for the Unitas benching and trade. Certainly "man crush" Steadman didn't until he drove Irsay out.

duh point, Baltimore has a tendency to cling to it's matinee idols far too long... and I sense this clinging to Lamar's MVP year...which is obviously a flash in the pan. He's hit his glass ceiling and the opposing DCs are lowering it, fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    I hope not because WFT will be written off going in, unlike the ominous pressure preceding the playoff games of the past two years @ Camden. As I said, WFT is resembling the 00 and 12 Ravens.

Again, I'm a "DMV" football fan and I simply call what is true. The fact is, WFT is trending up, Ravens trending down.
    In no way shape or form does the 2020 WFT resemble the 2000 or 2012 Ravens. The 2000 squad fielded the greatest defense of all time and had multiple HOFers. The 2012 squad had several Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball (also future HOFers), a QB who was capable of playing like a top ten QB in the league, that same QB had one of the greatest post season performances of all time. Not to mention...neither Ravens teams fell to 4-7 on the year.

How is a 4-7 team trending upward? Especially after finishing last season 3-13. If one team in the NFC East had a winning record, or at the very least a .500 record, the WFT would be so far out of the playoffs it would be a foreign concept.

WFT has some good young pieces and a promising defense...but that's a far cry from being compared to two Super Bowl winning teams.

Now convinced you are a troll.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    In no way shape or form does the 2020 WFT resemble the 2000 or 2012 Ravens. The 2000 squad fielded the greatest defense of all time and had multiple HOFers. The 2012 squad had several Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball (also future HOFers), a QB who was capable of playing like a top ten QB in the league, that same QB had one of the greatest post season performances of all time. Not to mention...neither Ravens teams fell to 4-7 on the year.

How is a 4-7 team trending upward? Especially after finishing last season 3-13. If one team in the NFC East had a winning record, or at the very least a .500 record, the WFT would be so far out of the playoffs it would be a foreign concept.

WFT has some good young pieces and a promising defense...but that's a far cry from being compared to two Super Bowl winning teams.

Now convinced you are a troll.
    WFT could have easily won 5 in a row, they won 3 out of 5 and lost the other two by a field goal.

WFT is ranked hire in defense statistically than the Ravens the past three games. You see it in the mannerisms of their defense...they care. These Ravens don't. In addition to less talent, I think the Ravens have something bad going on, socially, in the dressing room. Lamar seems to be part of it, he's isolated. Something like Platoon except the Barnes group is like 90% of the guys.

But we'll see. The Ravens need a new outlook, an outsider view. The Bisciotti/Harbs/EDC (Ozzie's underling) thing is stale. EDC can't stand up to Bisciotti/Harbs cuz he'll always be viewed as an underling. I get the thing about consistency as well, but for Tomlin and Belichik, there's Garrett and Fontes. They need a GM whom Harbs will respect, he does EDC but it's as an employee, Harbs cutesy stuff rules out. I think one of the guys who worked under Snyder is worth a shot. Theyve seen the worst. Scott Mac worked with Pete Carroll, who is a Harbs.

WFT could have easily won 5 in a row, they won 3 out of 5 and lost the other two by a field goal.

WFT is ranked hire in defense statistically than the Ravens the past three games. You see it in the mannerisms of their defense...they care. These Ravens don't. In addition to less talent, I think the Ravens have something bad going on, socially, in the dressing room. Lamar seems to be part of it, he's isolated. Something like Platoon except the Barnes group is like 90% of the guys.

But we'll see. The Ravens need a new outlook, an outsider view. The Bisciotti/Harbs/EDC (Ozzie's underling) thing is stale. EDC can't stand up to Bisciotti/Harbs cuz he'll always be viewed as an underling. I get the thing about consistency as well, but for Tomlin and Belichik, there's Garrett and Fontes. They need a GM whom Harbs will respect, he does EDC but it's as an employee, Harbs cutesy stuff rules out. I think one of the guys who worked under Snyder is worth a shot. Theyve seen the worst. Scott Mac worked with Pete Carroll, who is a Harbs.
    Such insight. Please tell us how you are able to know the intimate going ons in the locker room. You clearly have a source, to know that Bisciotti and Harbs view EDC as an underling. You should work in sports media...your knowledge of the relationships behind closed doors in the Castle is unparalleled.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

This is why we have an ignore feature

Come on bro, if you’re going to talk this kind of crap at least wait until they have done something, your intimate behind the scenes knowledge of the Ravens goings on notwithstanding. How do you rub someone’s nose in your 4-7 record when for starters 4-7 is not a good record anywhere in any sport, and the team you’re trying to talk crap about is 6-4. Not great, but at least a winning record. Come back when WFT has at least that.

Yes they’ve been better lately, too bad they lost that close one to the juggernaut Lions though a few weeks ago.

This thread amuses me. Snyder is a worse Owner than Jerry Jones and that's saying something.

*yaaaawn*...the constant fallback when takes can't be countered, "prove it"...you prove otherwise. Everything on this site is conjecture, including yours, my dear. We draw our takes from circumstance. It's a discussion board, ya know. Here's the stuff which tells me the dressing room is screwed up...the roster is junk...and WFT is now better...

the coming "skid" i predicted during the fake wins (although the Colts game surprised me).

Lamar stinking. Lamar's surly disposition. None of the Ravens rapping and acting up over Lamar, even during the fake wins...

Ravens roster is bad. No investment in the OL, DL, LB. Harbs fist-pumping and rah-rah over bad draft choices (presuming he must be calling the shots)...

Bisciotti's love of Harbs...his feeding of energy off Harb's alpha... EDC's just the books guy in the corner...the former understudy... (human nature kinda thing)...

*Repeat* WTF ahead in all defensive categories...

*Repeat* WTF swagger vs. Ravens flatlining...

I have my opinion on what happened with Lamar...and I think AB is the source...but i'm not going to state it as i said, previously, I don't know as fact. How could anybody outside the dressing room know? So stop building straw men and enjoy our fellow DMV's up and comer. i like having two teams...the Colts geezers always had a thing about hating on the Redskins, for whatever reason.
    The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.

The Redskins haven't won a playoff game since when? I think my Son was in diapers then.

Such insight. Please tell us how you are able to know the intimate going ons in the locker room. You clearly have a source, to know that Bisciotti and Harbs view EDC as an underling. You should work in sports media...your knowledge of the relationships behind closed doors in the Castle is unparalleled.
    *yaaaawn*...the constant fallback when takes can't be countered, "prove it"...you prove otherwise. Everything on this site is conjecture, including yours, my dear. We draw our takes from circumstance. It's a discussion board, ya know. Here's the stuff which tells me the dressing room is screwed up...the roster is junk...and WFT is now better...

the coming "skid" i predicted during the fake wins (although the Colts game surprised me).

Lamar stinking. Lamar's surly disposition. None of the Ravens rapping and acting up over Lamar, even during the fake wins...

Ravens roster is bad. No investment in the OL, DL, LB. The optimists in our Flock claim injuries, but wouldn't it be expected from plugging a hole with a borderline washed up Calais that injury is a risque?

Harbs fist-pumping and rah-rah for the audience over bad draft choices (the presumption is he must be calling the shots)...

Bisciotti's love of Harbs...his feeding of energy off Harb's alpha... EDC's just the boox guy in the corner...the former understudy... (human nature kinda thing)...

*Repeat* WTF ahead in all defensive categories...

*Repeat* WTF swagger vs. Ravens flatlining...

I have my opinion on what happened with Lamar...and I think AB is the source...but i'm not going to state it as i said, previously, I don't know as fact. How could anybody outside the dressing room know? So stop building straw men and enjoy our fellow DMV's up and comer with me. i like having two teams...the Colts geezers always had a thing about hating on the Redskins, for whatever reason. I know lots of NJJ/NJG fans.

What's so wrong wiht suggesting Scot Mclaughlin or some outsider as ballast to the Bisciotti/Harbs block? This team is not going to the Super Bowl with this, uh, paradigm.

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.
    Approach the bench, Mason. It's not a courtroom.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Redskins rule and we drool

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is why we have an ignore feature
    GOTA, I was told that same thing by two posters on another thread a while ago. I haven't put him on ignore as he entertains me, but have not/will not reply to his provocative posts. Hopefully others will follow as they too find out what a BIG TROLL he is... Bc