Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: If Lamar can't start - let's see McSorley

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I don't know much about Huntley. I'm game for it.
    Four years at Utah, three years as a starter. Considered a dual threat but not really, just a mobile QB at the NFL level. 10.3 YPA passing his senior season; 3092 yards, 24 total TD and 4 INT. Most efficient passer in the PAC 12; 5th most efficient in the country. Definitely a draftable prospect. Perhaps the highest priority UDFA QB in his class.

If McSorley isn't the future #2 what did they spend a 6th on him for? Dart throw?
    McSorley was draftable and the team drafted him the year before they drafted Huntley. He was a bit of a dart throw. All QBs taken after mid Rd 1 are dart throws these days. I believe Huntley is a much better thrower than McSorley who is more of a gadget type QB.

Why is he third on the depth chart?
    Extra year in the system. Huntley hasn't even had a real training camp. That's a problem for the most advanced position in football.

I just want to see him in a game and play well or get destroyed. Then keep him or move on. The Ravens obviously see something in him.
    Sure. Neither McSorley nor Huntley have gotten a shot yet.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Four years at Utah, three years as a starter. Considered a dual threat but not really, just a mobile QB at the NFL level. 10.3 YPA passing his senior season; 3092 yards, 24 total TD and 4 INT. Most efficient passer in the PAC 12; 5th most efficient in the country. Definitely a draftable prospect. Perhaps the highest priority UDFA QB in his class.

McSorley was draftable and the team drafted him the year before they drafted Huntley. He was a bit of a dart throw. All QBs taken after mid Rd 1 are dart throws these days. I believe Huntley is a much better thrower than McSorley who is more of a gadget type QB.

Extra year in the system. Huntley hasn't even had a real training camp. That's a problem for the most advanced position in football.

Sure. Neither McSorley nor Huntley have gotten a shot yet.
    Do you think the Ravens would have taken Hurts if the Eagles didn't?

Do you think the Ravens would have taken Hurts if the Eagles didn't?
    No.

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Huntley is the guy I'm most interested in. I think he's the #2 QB of the future. Our version of Charlie Batch.
    100%

I wholeheartedly agree on seeing McSorley and or Huntley. RGIII has been awful every time he has gotten in the game. I would much rather see the younger guys and see what they can do. McSorley was a gamer in college. I thought they should have cut RGIII in the off season to save the cap space. He has looked terrible every time he hit the field.

While they still have something to play for you have to give RG3 the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    While they still have something to play for you have to give RG3 the nod.
    Agreed

Lamar has covid. He's going to miss at least one game if not two.

We know what Robert brings to the table and he's in jeopardy of getting cut/not brought back next year due to the drop in cap.

McSorley got covid last week and his 10 days will be up shortly. The Ravens need to find out if he can be the primary backup and what he brings to the real NFL game. I want see him play in one of these games.

They will definitely start Bob for one of these games. If he's not getting it done then I want to see McSorley. Maybe he gets ground into hamburger, but I think the Ravens have a good opportunity to see if he can be the backup or if they need someone else.
    There's no reason to see mcsorley. He isn't a nfl caliber qb.

McSorley's on the covid list, right? So I think he's not available either.

Guess that means we're going with Bob & Huntley? Interesting.

Yea man let’s make mcsorelys first start ever against the top front 7 in the nfl. That’s how you do it!

Unless the coaching staff are complete morons they roll with rg3 who isn’t great by any stretch but can gut out a win or 2 if we lean on the running game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    There's no reason to see mcsorley. He isn't a nfl caliber qb.
    This.