Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Overall

Re: #1 Overall

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Doesn’t matter obviously but I think every team save the chiefs takes Lawrence #1
    I’d roll with Lamar, trade the pick for a King’s ransom, build this team they way it should be built.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I’d roll with Lamar, trade the pick for a King’s ransom, build this team they way it should be built.
    I love Lamar. But I think he’s the one you trade for the kings ransom if you have Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Doesn’t matter obviously but I think every team save the chiefs takes Lawrence #1
    Yeah I may take Sewell or Chase if I were KC. Everyone else should take Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d keep the MVP over the next great white hype honestly. Every few years analyst hype up some kid and he never lives up to it (see baker mayfield)...

Most football fans have no real logic or brains in my opinion so stupid decisions like taking a QB with your first pick instead of building around your 23 year old mvp tends to come up.

That would handicap the organization and set us back for years.

I’d take a true number one receiver. In the first round.

I’d trade cool x for shug

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I’d trade cool x for shug
    Sug wouldn't play a full season you know this!

For the record, I'm taking Sewell and making this OL elite again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Can't. No trades down.

Really it's a silly proposition. There's no realistic answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    For the record, I'm taking Sewell and making this OL elite again.
    That's nice. Meanwhile the Ravens will have no other draft picks. Will Orlando Brown be part of your trade up?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Can't. No trades down.

Really it's a silly proposition. There's no realistic answer.

That's nice. Meanwhile the Ravens will have no other draft picks. Will Orlando Brown be part of your trade up?
    The point is just deciphering who we'd pick if we could pick anyone.

Mainly I wanted to see where people were at regarding Lamar

The point is just deciphering who we'd pick if we could pick anyone.

Mainly I wanted to see where people were at regarding Lamar
    If everything were equal and I had a chance to pick Trevor Lawrence coming out of college or Lamar as he is now, my choice is easy. Lamar. He's already won an MVP at the NFL level. I'm not ready to anoint Trevor Lawrence the next coming of Christ.

However, trading up to the #1 pick changes the equation. In the event that I know the Ravens are trading up for the #1 pick, I take Trevor Lawrence and trade Lamar Jackson. Why? Because the Ravens are investing so much in one player, it has to be QB, and the only way to recoup the losses is to trade the incumbent QB. That is being a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If everything were equal and I had a chance to pick Trevor Lawrence coming out of college or Lamar as he is now, my choice is easy. Lamar. He's already won an MVP at the NFL level. I'm not ready to anoint Trevor Lawrence the next coming of Christ.

However, trading up to the #1 pick changes the equation. In the event that I know the Ravens are trading up for the #1 pick, I take Trevor Lawrence and trade Lamar Jackson. Why? Because the Ravens are investing so much in one player, it has to be QB, and the only way to recoup the losses is to trade the incumbent QB. That is being a GM.
    We've seen what Lamar can do when the OL bullies at the LOS though. I think we gotta rebuild the trenches. No matter where we pick.. we need to come out of the first three rounds with a guard or two and probably a tackle as depth as well

We've seen what Lamar can do when the OL bullies at the LOS though. I think we gotta rebuild the trenches. No matter where we pick.. we need to come out of the first three rounds with a guard or two and probably a tackle as depth as well
    That's another story. Where the Ravens end up picking, I can absolutely see them going OL in Round 1. They're not going to be in range of Sewell but there should be somebody there. Trey Smith, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw, Jalen Mayfield, Samuel Cosmi, Wyatt Davis, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Creed Humphrey, Josh Myers - whoever fits the bill best.

There are a lot of offensive linemen currently in the top 50 of various draft listings. We'll see how it shakes out because things always change between the college season and draft time.