Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: A look at the options for the Pitt game

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I am thinking the NFL will try the following options (in order)

1) move Steelers game to Tuesday, then Cowboys game to the next Monday
    2) Cancel/postpone Steelers game. If other games don’t end up needing moved (week 18) then it is cancelled which gives NFL 16 team playoff. If other games end up needing rescheduled, they do week 18. Oddly canceling the game may be best for Ravens. Not only does it give them better chance for playoffs by having 8 teams, it means eliminating toughest remaining game and 10-5 probably gets them in (higher winning percentage than trams that finish 10-6)

I can’t see the NFL forcing a forfeit, but I do think there will be penalties in fines and draft pick(s)
    Yep, this makes the most sense

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Steelers complaining about lack of a bye week can suck the 2008 Ravens hurricane's bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    https://twitter.com/jdhulme/status/1...141728769?s=21

Not saying it’s going to happen but that is a memo sent out by the NFL at the beginning of October.

Seems to fit our feet pretty damn snug.
    I do not know if they can indeed trace this to one singular person how they can justify penalizing the whole team/company. Now if the team disregarded protocol or ignored protocol then this is a likely outcome.

That’s just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I am thinking the NFL will try the following options (in order)

1) move Steelers game to Tuesday, then Cowboys game to the next Monday
    2) Cancel/postpone Steelers game. If other games don’t end up needing moved (week 18) then it is cancelled which gives NFL 16 team playoff. If other games end up needing rescheduled, they do week 18. Oddly canceling the game may be best for Ravens. Not only does it give them better chance for playoffs by having 8 teams, it means eliminating toughest remaining game and 10-5 probably gets them in (higher winning percentage than trams that finish 10-6)

I can’t see the NFL forcing a forfeit, but I do think there will be penalties in fines and draft pick(s)
    Why Tuesday? Have the ever played a game on Tuesday? Just curious because I know you thought this out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    I do not know if they can indeed trace this to one singular person how they can justify penalizing the whole team/company. Now if the team disregarded protocol or ignored protocol then this is a likely outcome.

That’s just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have already disciplined a coach for not following protocols, not reporting symptoms and using facilities without the proper protection/mask.

They all but admitted that they broke protocols.

Ravens are now ruining the whole nfl season

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Why Tuesday? Have the ever played a game on Tuesday? Just curious because I know you thought this out
    Bills/Titans was Tuesday (and their next game vs Chiefs was pushed from Thurs to Mon) Reports are Ravens won’t be allowed into facility until Monday. That’s why I am guessing Tuesday...basically as late as they can postpone and still have game the next week.

Let's add something else to the mix. If game is forfeited both team's players lose a weekly pay check. Why should Steelers lose 1/16 of their salary due to Raven's Covid mess?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Let's add something else to the mix. If game is forfeited both team's players lose a pay check. Why should Steelers lose 1/16 of their salary due to Raven's Covid mess?
    Man, I have a feeling that the hammer is coming.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Let's add something else to the mix. If game is forfeited both team's players lose a weekly pay check. Why should Steelers lose 1/16 of their salary due to Raven's Covid mess?
    That’s strictly up to the owners. With how old school the Steelers are, I could see them just paying their guys regardless. I bet we would do the same in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Steelers complaining about lack of a bye week can suck the 2008 Ravens hurricane's bye week.
    Exactly!!! I’ve been saying this ever since I heard the Squealies were chirping about us this week.

We were forced to take a week 2 bye, went to the AFCCG (lost to Squealies) while being road warriors in the playoffs.

Until the Squealies deal with that they can blow me.

Blog Entries

We will rally around the backups and play good football.