Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Thread

Blog Entries

Covid-19 Thread

I hope that everyone stays safe, but I have significant concerns about the holiday season. While some may live in areas where people are at least complying with the mask guidelines in public, people are still gathering behind the scenes and there are still enough places across the country, where masks aren't even being worn at all. Now, as I said in the main forum, masks are not a cure-all, by any means. However, in a situation such as this, I don't believe that we're going to find that one solution that is a cure-all, outside of everyone staying in their home and never going out. Hyperbole, to a degree, but none of us want that. I think this issue with masks and things of the like, moving in on 'our liberties', speaks less to the lack of their iron-clad effectiveness. It speaks to a bigger issue of pushing back against/being inconvenienced by, varying safety measures during a unique time, such as a pandemic.

So now, we not only have to make it through Thanksgiving, but we'll also have to make it through Christmas. We've seen parties, weddings, you name it, still organized in extremely close quarters with not even the most generic homemade mask in sight.

I just hope that everyone stays safe and I hope that, even if one may feel that this is all overblown, that they at least consider the possibility that it's not, instead of declaring that we don't know the full information and just deciding to do what they want until we do. That reactive mindset is more widespread than we would realize, if we were to look outside of our neighborhood and how its dealing with this.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-26-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Re: Covid-19 Thread

May your season be safe and enjoyable as well. May people remember the healthcare workers when giving thanks this day. Seems many have not seen a day off in months while taking care of the people striken by this overblown non-event.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    May your season be safe and enjoyable as well. May people remember the healthcare workers when giving thanks this day. Seems many have not seen a day off in months while taking care of the people striken by this overblown non-event.
    Healthcare workers are exhausted, nervous and frustrated. On top of lacking enough supplies to go around. It seems that plenty care more about their patients, then the patients care about themselves and others.

Just curious. We have no mandates in the US. But many people believe they are saving lives and will bully people that don’t wear them. Cases are skyrocketing

In Europe, people wear masks. Some areas they are forced. And cases are skyrocketing

In Sweden, no lock downs. No mask requirements. And cases aren’t skyrocketing

Can someone explain this?

Is trump to blame for the skyrocketing cases in Europe.

Why are cases skyrocketing in Europe if they are forced to wear masks.

And why arent they spiking in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Just curious. We have no mandates in the US. But many people believe they are saving lives and will bully people that don’t wear them. Cases are skyrocketing

In Europe, people wear masks. Some areas they are forced. And cases are skyrocketing

In Sweden, no lock downs. No mask requirements. And cases aren’t skyrocketing

Can someone explain this?

Is trump to blame for the skyrocketing cases in Europe.

Why are cases skyrocketing in Europe if they are forced to wear masks.

And why arent they spiking in Sweden?
    I don't know why you say that. Cases are skyrocketing in Sweden: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN27Y1AV

Also, people there are smarter than US with voluntary restrictions. You have dumb people here who find a way to have parties and get together well outside their bubble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I don't know why you say that. Cases are skyrocketing in Sweden: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN27Y1AV

Also, people there are smarter than US with voluntary restrictions. You have dumb people here who find a way to have parties and get together well outside their bubble.
    To add to that: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssive-n1249019
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...der-event.html
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

We also have a lot of smart people here who say to those old and sick,

You may not have a lot of time left, but could you stop being so selfish and stay home and shut everything down so the rest of us can try to stay away from a virus with over a 99% survival rate and get to old age too!

Signed,
    Smart and completely unselfish people

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    We also have a lot of smart people here who say to those old and sick,

You may not have a lot of time left, but could you stop being so selfish and stay home and shut everything down so the rest of us can try to stay away from a virus with over a 99% survival rate and get to old age too!

Signed,
    Smart and completely unselfish people
    The total population of the US is over 330 million. At an approx 1 percent death rate that is over 3 million people dead if you go for herd immunity. Lets not even talk about the hospitalization rate that will absolutely overwhelm hospitals. Got an ER physician friend working in MI. Tells me they are so strapped because so many staff now have Covid that the hospital is letting the doctors work who are Covid positive but asymptomatic or they would not be able to treat all the patients because there is such an influx. The docs there are bone dead exhausted from treating the high numbers of Covid patients.

Blog Entries

The total population of the US is over 330 million. At an approx 1 percent death rate that is over 3 million people dead if you go for herd immunity. Lets not even talk about the hospitalization rate that will absolutely overwhelm hospitals. Got an ER physician friend working in MI. Tells me they are so strapped because so many staff now have Covid that the hospital is letting the doctors work who are Covid positive but asymptomatic or they would not be able to treat all the patients because there is such an influx. The docs there are bone dead exhausted from treating the high numbers of Covid patients.
    I thought about this myself. I went off of 328 million in the population (Approximately). If the entire population were to contract COVID-19, based on that population and the 99.5% (Approximate) survival rate, that would be 1.64 million deaths. That also would not include those expected to recover “with proper medical treatment”. As you mentioned, if the medical centers are overrun and they can’t get said treatment, they don’t go into a ‘Well, you’ll live anyway’ category. They’ll go into a higher risk category. Which means that 1.64 million number could dwarf.

That also would not take into account those who would live, but end up with damaging health issues to their heart and lungs.

Now, herd immunity does not require the entire population to contract the virus, but this was to give insight into just how bad things can get and how quickly they can do so if nothing is done. On top of that, nearly half of the population in this country has some form of chronic illness.

You are proving my point. If more people here are not wearing masks. And are dumb. And are gathering. Why is the virus skyrocketing everywhere? If the mask theory was accurate, the US would be seeing 10x the cases and deaths.

This is another example of how the left hates science when it doesn’t prove their radical views

This is just another theory, by those that want power.

As soon as someone can answer this one question, I will begin to accept they are actually trying to help us.

Can anyone answer this?

How many people have died from COVID in 2020

And I will need a link. So I know you didn’t make it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I thought about this myself. I went off of 328 million in the population (Approximately). If the entire population were to contract COVID-19, based on that population and the 99.5% (Approximate) survival rate, that would be 1.64 million deaths. That also would not include those expected to recover “with proper medical treatment”. As you mentioned, if the medical centers are overrun and they can’t get said treatment, they don’t go into a ‘Well, you’ll live anyway’ category. They’ll go into a higher risk category. Which means that 1.64 million number could dwarf.

That also would not take into account those who would live, but end up with damaging health issues to their heart and lungs.

Now, herd immunity does not require the entire population to contract the virus, but this was to give insight into just how bad things can get and how quickly they can do so if nothing is done. On top of that, nearly half of the population in this country has some form of chronic illness.
    Survival rate is over 99.9% for the majority of people.