Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Covid-19 Thread

Blog Entries

Re: Covid-19 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I've yet to have anyone answer it by actually naming sources the person considers credible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I thought I did answer it. But I will say it depends on the issue. Give me an issue and I’ll tell you the source I go to for information.

Blog Entries

The U.S. now has over 90,000 hospitalizations. More than at any point during the pandemic. Cases are expected to spike after Thanksgiving gatherings. Case Positivity rates have dropped, with the flood of citizens going to get tested, prior to Thanksgiving. However, they are expected to rise after the gatherings, along with hospitalizations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-h...united-states/

The Wall Street Journal is noting that hospitalizations may have slightly dipped back under 90,000.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I thought I did answer it. But I will say it depends on the issue. Give me an issue and I’ll tell you the source I go to for information.
    Which doesn't name a source.

For information on the long term effects of contracting COVID-19, what source/s would you use?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Which doesn't name a source.

For information on the long term effects of contracting COVID-19, what source/s would you use?
    It would name a source depending on the issue. I don't go to one source.

For the long term effects of COVID, I wouldn't go to any as it's a new virus and the potential long term effects would be an educated guess.

Blog Entries

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp-vid...mpression=true

Hidden in a pandemic: Elderly in nursing homes are dying from isolation

More than eight months into the pandemic, the very isolation that is meant to protect nursing home residents from Covid-19 is also contributing to their deaths. Confined to their rooms and largely cut off from visitors, many residents are experiencing serious mental and physical decline. Three women stand up to fight for leniency in New York state visitation policies, in the hopes of saving their loved ones.

Blog Entries

More than eight months into the pandemic, the very isolation that is meant to protect nursing home residents from Covid-19 is also contributing to their deaths. Confined to their rooms and largely cut off from visitors, many residents are experiencing serious mental and physical decline. Three women stand up to fight for leniency in New York state visitation policies, in the hopes of saving their loved ones.
    Well, there are quite a few people who have been suggesting we isolate the elderly. No decision is going to come without a form of consequence at this point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, there are quite a few people who have been suggesting we isolate the elderly. No decision is going to come without a form of consequence at this point.
    Yeah. F those old people so the young and healthy who are over 99.9% likely to survive this can feel safe.

This is big cuz I lost my mom in July in a nursing home where I never was even able to visit. So when its tunnel focused on one plan it completely takes other problems out of the equation ie being able to visit loved ones in their final days but hey social distance and wear a mask cuz we care.

Blog Entries

Nothing to see here

Pandemic Takes Toll On Children's Mental Health

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/28/93846...-mental-health

Blog Entries

Nothing to see here

Pandemic Takes Toll On Children's Mental Health

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/28/93846...-mental-health
    Follow the science until the science sets you free.