Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: Leave Hollywood Brown alone

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Shas, why do we have to think every 1st round draft choice will be great?
    I am coming at it from a contract perspective, thinking he will command/demand top dollar.

If I am wrong, and he signs for mid-upper money for mid-upper performance, then welcome back Hollywood, I am with you.

But even Torrey priced himself out of town.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

But in my defense I started my comments by saying that if he plays consistently it's a win win win for him, the team and the fans.

My pessimism lies in the Torrey-Smith-Zone: a player who shows flashes and yet does not dominate. Happy to have that player stay at a price that corresponds to his value, not his dreams.
    "That's what."
    — She

Hollywood looks good and when teams figure it out and starting rolling coverage away from Mark Andrews over to Hollywood it will make Andrews’ liife easier. Add Bateman into the mix and there are a lot of receiving options. Watkins has been the solid veteran presence we needed - he just needs to continue to be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Shas, I agree he has had some stretches the last two seasons where he has been held to 1 or 2 catches for minimal yards, more so in his rookie year than last year but thats where I find optimism in that he had less games like that last year (really outside of a 4 game stretch in November where he did very little, he was consistently good). He did have more drops last year than the rookie year so hopefully that doesn't come back. But also last year there were times when Lamar missed Hollywood deep that would have helped his stats.

Also the talent around Hollywood has been lacking in his previous 2 years (exception of Mandrews) so maybe with some real receiving threats around him now he can truly breakout. We will see.

The decision on letting him walk or re-signing him comes down to this year and fortunately next as well. If he dominates you can't let him walk but if he has an up and down year and next season doesn't improve, or he doesn't put up numbers or misses games with injury I don't think you can pay him top dollar to stay (a reasonable bargain deal is another story).

Regardless I would hate to see him walk and us be left with Bateman and some other FA but luckily the team still has time to evaluate. Hopefully Hollywood makes the decision easy for them by balling out.

He's clutch in the playoffs too which is a huge plus.
    November also coincided with when Lamar played like Butt cheeks too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    November also coincided with when Lamar played like Butt cheeks too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lmao true. So elegantly put as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Bc, the issue is that he's been sporadic and for every great game he's disappeared for long stretches of a season.

He's capable of having a huge impact for sure. But you have to look at the average performance. You can't have a handful of games where he is a 10, and even more where he is a 3.

I am not unsympathetic to injury, but just realistic about what constitutes great.

Do I think he can be great this season? Absolutely. Am I now convinced he will be? Nope. Not yet.
    It hasn’t been “stretches”, there was really just one stretch where he disappeared, and it was the four games in the middle of the season when the entire team was out of wack. Between Pittsburgh week 8 and Tennessee week 11 he caught 6/17 for 55 yards and 1 TD. He was dreadful (as was most of the team).

But in the other 14 games (playoffs included) he put up 63 catches for 910 yards and 7 TDs. So it was less an up and down year and more a very good year with one really bad month smack in the middle of it.