Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Leave Hollywood Brown alone

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Leave Hollywood alone.

https://youtu.be/lVQOLX1wDAc
    My favorite was the Patriots fan who parodied it for Bill Belichick.

If you think his problem has been just “Lamar not getting him the ball” you need to rewatch the film.

I like brown. I followed him over the off season and watched the video of his workouts. One thing I noticed and a few other did to from his off season workouts was his route running was lackluster. His cuts were not crisp and his fakes were sloppy and rushed.

This season you are seeing it. DBs are draped over him. On go routes outside the numbers he is easily forced out of bounds or too close to the sideline.

I do think we should focus more on getting him YAC instead of intermediate routes. Jet sweeps, screens, mesh routes, and comebacks, then the occasional go route would probably make him much better.

But the spread offense bullshit Roman keeps trying to run is not working for him or us at all

Jamison Crowder in an injury plagued season, has the same amount of receiving yards on four less games despite a worse o-line, worse quarterback play, worse coaching and a worse overall supporting cast. At a certain point, you run out of excuses for what we're seeing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raventerp313 View Post
    Jamison Crowder in an injury plagued season, has the same amount of receiving yards on four less games despite a worse o-line, worse quarterback play, worse coaching and a worse overall supporting cast. At a certain point, you run out of excuses for what we're seeing.
    I actually had to look that up. You are right. He has more receptions per game, and yards per game in his last four, than Brown averages on the season, and the Jets are a mess. He also has just as many touchdowns.

Unless Culex is going to say that Flacco is somehow a better passer than Lamar. Which I don't think he will do. And Crowder is only on about 7 targets per during that time, whereas Brown is around 6 for the season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Seriously, all this bollywood and Soulja stuff? Not cool. Put an end to it now or you're gonna deal with me in person. The man had 4 receptions for 147 and two scores in his first NFL game with a screw in his foot. That sucks? Not his fault he's getting all the attention and Lamar can't hit him in stride or that Roman doesn't know where to put him. Hollywood is an animal. A beast waiting to be unleashed but Lamar who I love is simply in a funk and making poor reads plain and simple.

Point is, leave Hollywood alone. Or trade him and watch him run circles around DBs somewhere else.
    I agree 100% on this one. We all had high expectations from him, after what we saw last year. The talent is there, but the play calling and QB play is not to be desired.

Blog Entries

No doubt they can use him better, there are ways to get easy plays to a WR like him just to get something going before hitting the big ones, as have been mentioned. But if you’re not worried about how easy he gets pushed out to the sideline on go routes and seems to lack that fighting fire then you got your blinders on.

7. Re: Leave Hollywood Brown alone

A number 1 wide receiver has to fight for the ball and be good at route running. Hollywood can take notes from this.

Lol this man called Torrey a 1

9. Re: Leave Hollywood Brown alone

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol this man called Torrey a 1
    Of course you would, since the only thing most Ravens fans think of a top receiver is.....wait they never seen one before! He wouldn't even consider Moss one according to these highlights:
    Last edited by simplesimon; 11-26-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Brown isn't a good route runner, can't get off press, has poor attitude when he isn't getting the ball. He will get traded after the season (hopefully).

11. Re: Leave Hollywood Brown alone

Quote Originally Posted by Raventerp313 View Post
    True....for most of us.

Blog Entries

Seems that we are "Leaving Hollywood Brown alone" as he's only caught 2 passes (14 yards) out of 10 targets over the past two games... Bc