Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Paul Manifort be next?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Unlike you I support the truth. You are a Hillary Clinton, Biden, Podesta apologist, incapable of seeing the truth.
    It doesn't look to me like you "support the truth." What it looks like is you're incapable of providing anything to support what you say.

Are you ashamed of your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It doesn't look to me like you "support the truth." What it looks like is you're incapable of providing anything to support what you say.

Are you ashamed of your sources?
    What are you talking about?

Guys here were speculating and drawing equivalences between Flynn, Stone and Manafort. They were stating pure opinion about what they thought would happen based on those equivalences. I was disagreeing with their opinion in much the same manner and basing that on incontrovertible facts that I don't believe are in question by any "source". My conclusion, my opinion, is different than theirs based on that. I was not aware you had to source opinions. I think you are trying to hold me to a standard that you are not holding the others to and I'm certain it's simply because you share their view an for no other reason.

Unlike the other two, Manafort was convicted of crimes that predate his association with Trump. That's a fact is it not?
    Manafort worked with The Podesta group lobbying on behalf of one of his Ukrainian clients. That's a fact isn't it? That makes him more of the garden variety lobbyist sleaze/influence peddler, which both Biden and Clinton have been accused of a lot and you would have to be brain dead or in a massive bubble not to acknowledge that. Because Manafort's most serious convictions are real and completely unrelated to Trump I, unlike some here, think it's silly to believe Trump will pardon him. I think it's purely speculative and hysterical to believe that he will. If I turn out to be wrong you can bump this and say "I told you so" but I don't think I'm wrong.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 11-27-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Blog Entries

You made a number of factual assertions in your response to FBF:

If you or anyone else think this you are idiots because unlike the others, Manafort, who is a former Podesta brothers business partner, is actually guilty of something.

So is Flynn, which makes your assertion that anyone who thinks he might get a pardon from Trump is an idiot rather specious.
    His crimes also predate any association with Trump. He's more closely related to Biden and his corruption and your typical Clinton type graft and corruption than anything.

That he's "closely related to Biden and his corruption and your typical Clinton type graft and corruption than anything" is an unsupported factual assertion. One you don't even come close to supporting in your follow up.

So just stop with your hyperventilating nonsense.
    Given your pearl-clutching about tone in previous posts to me, this and the above "idiots" comments are just precious.

In the indictment of Manafort, the Podesta Group and Mercury, another company that does lobbying, were mentioned as Company A and Company B, and both were retained by Manafort and Gates to do lobbying work on behalf of the government of Ukraine and Yanukovych's Party of Regions. Podesta and Manafort weren't business partners. I've never seen any connection to Biden or the Clintons.

Meanwhile, Manafort has done something Trump admires: kept his mouth shut. While it might seem strange a so-called "law and order" guy would like crooks who don't confess and testify against their fellow crooks, it's really not if you understand what "law and order" really means. Manafort also helped the Trump defense team understand what the Mueller investigation was up to (whatever information Rosenstein wasn't sharing, anyway), as he remained in the Joint Defense Agreement even after his plea deal. So Manafort has done some things which Trump may choose to reward. Or not. In one respect Trump is consistent: he sees loyalty as a one way street.

Pardon tiger king instead. Something we can all get behind

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Meanwhile, Manafort has done something Trump admires... kept his mouth shut
    Congratulations, you've gone from fact checker to mind reader in about two posts. That has to be some kind of web record or at least a record for this site.

And btw, "company B" knew exactly who they were working, Manafort, and at who's direction, Yanukvych's.

Call that arrangement whatever you like, an association if it makes you feel any better.

Let's boil this down shall we. I don't think Trump is going to pardon Manafort. In fact, I think it's foolish and speculative to believe so and your argument for it (I'm assuming you think Trump will pardon him) appears to be in part based on your magical powers of mind reading and knowing that Trump admires Manafort. Mine is based on the fact that I don't think Trump will pardon Manafort of crimes that have nothing to do with the bogus Russian investigation, like bank fraud for example.

Who is right and who is wrong is something that is going to be an incontrovertible fact within the next 60 days so why go crying to the moderator about being insulted here? Talk about pearl clutching. Most men would simply stake out their position and wait until after January 20 and then come here and simply say something like "nice prediction genius"... or "this didn't age well"... That is most men that are not incredibly thin skinned.

Blog Entries

Congratulations, you've gone from fact checker to mind reader in about two posts. That has to be some kind of web record or at least a record for this site.

And btw, "company B" knew exactly who they were working, Manafort, and at who's direction, Yanukvych's.

Call that arrangement whatever you like, an association if it makes you feel any better.

Let's boil this down shall we. I don't think Trump is going to pardon Manafort. In fact, I think it's foolish and speculative to believe so and your argument for it (I'm assuming you think Trump will pardon him) appears to be in part based on your magical powers of mind reading and knowing that Trump admires Manafort. Mine is based on the fact that I don't think Trump will pardon Manafort of crimes that have nothing to do with the bogus Russian investigation, like bank fraud for example.

Who is right and who is wrong is something that is going to be an incontrovertible fact within the next 60 days so why go crying to the moderator about being insulted here? Talk about pearl clutching. Most men would simply stake out their position and wait until after January 20 and then come here and simply say something like "nice prediction genius"... or "this didn't age well"... That is most men that are not incredibly thin skinned.
    For all your earlier whining you're exactly what you whined about.

I don't know which company is Company A or Company B. Both companies may well have known they were representing the Yanukovich regime. The government chose not to charge either of them, however, so perhaps the evidence isn't as strong as we might think. Certainly when it comes to Trump you and other Trump fans are adamant a decision to not charge is akin to saying there's no evidence.

You're one of the most thin-skinned people here, Bust. Considering I was given a week's vacation for responding in kind to insults, I'm going to report it every time. If you don't like that I don't care. You're not someone who matters.

Will Paul Manifort be next?

I'm here to eat crow. I did not see Manafort getting pardoned.

I thought Trump might commute his sentence but I'm seeing the word 'pardon'.

All good. Man he is pardoning these crooks left and right. I'm not surprised. But hey, it's his legal right as president.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I agree but I thought the FBI raids and the solitary confinement he had waiting on trial was way overboard plus Trump might feel he was only in jail cuz of the witch hunt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I agree but I thought the FBI raids and the solitary confinement he had waiting on trial was way overboard plus Trump might feel he was only in jail cuz of the witch hunt.
    That is the only reason why. And as the judge said during his sentencing other than tax fraud he “lived an otherwise blameless life”

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That is the only reason why. And as the judge said during his sentencing other than tax fraud he “lived an otherwise blameless life”
    I think it was probably overboard the way he was treated in an attempt to get him to "roll". When you look at how the law is applied by Democrats, for instance what happened to Dinesh DSouza vs Rosie O'Donnel, as a political weapon I can see Trump maybe thinking it was an abuse warranting dismissal.

I think you could argue the Marc Rich pardon by Clinton was nuch much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would prefer Trump pardon Snowden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This has bipartisan support. If Trump was really separate from the swamp he would pardon him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk