Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Release the Kraken!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It needs to be investigated to say for certain, but it appears they moved, then voted in GA and voted in the state they moved to.
    Also, I believe if you are stationed in another state as a military member or DoD employee you are a resident of that state and that's where you should vote. It's when you're stationed out of the country that you vote in the state you'd normally be a resident.

There may be exceptions to that but in general I believe that's how it's supposed to operate.

2. Re: Release the Kraken!

Also, I believe if you are stationed in another state as a military member or DoD employee you are a resident of that state and that's where you should vote. It's when you're stationed out of the country that you vote in the state you'd normally be a resident.

There may be exceptions to that but in general I believe that's how it's supposed to operate.
    That kinda reminds me of a somewhat related article I read a week or so ago, but in this case, it was about college students. It was alleged that many college kids are voting in the state where they are living, then sent in an absentee ballot in the state where they are from. There seemed to be ample evidence of that going on, but it didn't appear that anyone was out beating the bushes investigating it and it seems it's been going on for years w/no apparent cross-checking. Again....I just read it and make no claims to it's authenticity. Sounds viable to me, though.

3. Re: Release the Kraken!

It needs to be investigated to say for certain, but it appears they moved, then voted in GA and voted in the state they moved to.
    Hopefully they will investigate. That is exactly the claim in Nevada. Once it was checked out it turned out there were in fact 2 John Browns (for example) who voted, one in Nevada (military) and another who was a resident of the other state.

Im not for voter fraud. Im not for voter suppression either. It would seem the states have a pretty good election security systems. Every election there are widespread claims of fraud. Once investigated it virtually always turns out to be nothing. No system is perfect, that said Im willing to see 100 bad votes slip thru regardless of which party they go to if it means 10,000 are not prohibited from voting who should be legally able.

4. Re: Release the Kraken!

No its not how it works. Every soldier has whats known as a home of record. That is the state they are able to vote in. It is the location that the military makes the final move to from where ever they are stationed upon retirement/separation. They are allowed to carry a drivers license from the state that is home of record and in states like Maryland auto tags can be renewed without emissions tests if a soldier documents they are stationed out of state. Many states waive state income tax if a soldiers home of record requires tax payments in their home state which some do. At one point i made 11 moves in 14 years. It was just not practicle to require me redo everything to register as a citizen of a state when in some cases i only spent 7-8 months there before being moved again.

Blog Entries

As long as you're in the military you can declare your state of residency and vote there regardless of where you actually are. I always kept Maryland, but some Soldiers would pick Florida, Texas, or some other state that didn't have an income tax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    That kinda reminds me of a somewhat related article I read a week or so ago, but in this case, it was about college students. It was alleged that many college kids are voting in the state where they are living, then sent in an absentee ballot in the state where they are from. There seemed to be ample evidence of that going on, but it didn't appear that anyone was out beating the bushes investigating it and it seems it's been going on for years w/no apparent cross-checking. Again....I just read it and make no claims to it's authenticity. Sounds viable to me, though.
    Considering the GOP has been looking for evidence of voter fraud for decades I suspect that's exceedingly rare or there would have been a solid record of it quite a while ago.

Blog Entries

A three-judge panel of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals said that the Trump campaign’s challenge of a U.S. district court’s decision had “no merit.”

The court’s sharply worded opinion was written by Judge Stephanos Bibas, who was appointed to the court by Trump.

“Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” Bibas wrote.
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/s...328721413?s=19

For people who claim to have a mountain of evidence they're very shy about producing it in court.
    Last edited by bacchys; 11-27-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    As long as you're in the military you can declare your state of residency and vote there regardless of where you actually are. I always kept Maryland, but some Soldiers would pick Florida, Texas, or some other state that didn't have an income tax.
    bacchys is correct. Military don't have to change their state of residence to where they are stationed. That's why a majority of military members vote via absentee ballot.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Voter fraud happens in every election. But not in the large numbers some claim, certainly not enough to make any difference. Voter fraud, at least in the US, has never decided an election.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Voter fraud happens in every election. But not in the large numbers some claim, certainly not enough to make any difference. Voter fraud, at least in the US, has never decided an election.
    Not a national one, anyway. No doubt some local elections, and at least one recent Republican primary, were decided by fraud.

11. Re: Release the Kraken!

I'll just leave this here, since it's the thread best suited. Any truth to this stuff? Guess we'll see. Maybe, if nothing else, it'll make a vein or two swell up in someone's head (guess who?)

https://richardsonpost.com/howellwol...lqRWHDKF434Z6w