Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Harbaugh "It's Disrespectful" Audio

Imposing your will has been and always will be a part of football. How many times have you seen the Ravens win games that they were out coached or less talented? It's been a big part of our identity.

Some people may be going overboard with their responses but this is a symptom of a larger problem. You don't have to go crazy and get ejected. But where is the pride, where is the energy? If they were in the tunnel, ok I guess. But under no circumstance should your coach be out there by himself. That's borderline unheard of.

This isn't "what's wrong with America", it's football.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Titans simply imposed their will. It worked.
    It's what the Ravens used to do. Should the Titans and Vrabel toned it down on Sunday? Probably, but the best way to get the Titans to behave is beating them on the field.

Verbal back and forth has been a part of football forever and to think teams are going to play nice with you is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    Strange though that none of the players came out to support Harbs. I saw several coaches out to confront the Titans but no players.

Wonder why?
    Because the players were still in the tunnel. Been stated multiple times.

This happened before they ran out onto the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You are right, and the type of responses I'm reading here are what's wrong with America.

People here are quite welcome hold those opinions, and mock me for mine, but it's still my right to think less of them for doing so.
    I understand where you are coming from, but if you are getting your opinions about America from a random message board about a game...

I mean this idea of "respect" and "disrespect"? It is just a football game and some pregame BS, do you really care that much to make judgements on people based on these hot takes?

I thought we were just complaining and throwing out opinions for fun...but maybe it is just me, I think there are more important issues in the world to get serious about...I honestly could care less about whether the Ravens were "disrespected" or no, their life has nothing to do with mine. They are millionaires so I am sure that they are taking that "disrespect" all the way to the bank.

I am more concerned with making sure I survive the pandemic with a roof over my head. However it is a fun escape to get into the weeds on this...but there is no way I would make judgement about people based on it. (Not arguing with you, just throwing out my perspective here).

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The players were still in the tunnel when it happened.
    Then John should have waited for them to surface and let them do the removing!

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    It's what the Ravens used to do. Should the Titans and Vrabel toned it down on Sunday? Probably, but the best way to get the Titans to behave is beating them on the field.

Verbal back and forth has been a part of football forever and to think teams are going to play nice with you is naive.
    The Ravens OL and DL are burnt toast. A team like this they will not beat, period.

It’s totally plausible that the Titans get the 3 or 4 seed and the Ravens get the 5 or 6 seed and they would be a good chance they see them again in the first round in Tennessee for a playoff game.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I 100% agree with Harbaugh.
    It was disrespectful.
    BUT
    Harbaugh shouldn’t be telling that to the Titans players his TEAM should.
    And Harbaugh shouldn’t need to saw 1 word to his team to get them to defend their logo.
    Preach!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You are right, and the type of responses I'm reading here are what's wrong with America.

People here are quite welcome hold those opinions, and mock me for mine, but it's still my right to think less of them for doing so.
    It’s like when you hear racist chants at a soccer match and some fans say, ‘make them pay with your play’. No, it should not be tolerated period. Or if at a women’s soccer match you hear somebody yell, ‘Show me your *expletive*, because that’s what I came for’. Should be zero tolerance. If that player has a bad game, it shouldn’t be their fault for letting it get to them, because it shouldn’t be tolerated period. So, if they don’t make them pay with their play, the chants are suddenly okay? Of course not. That’s my little tangent.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In society, certain forms of disrespect should not be tolerated period. For example, no one should have to punch someone in the face to keep them from using racist, or sexist slurs. And if someone is incapable of putting that person in their place, that doesn’t make them right to say those things, because it shouldn’t come to that to begin with, because it shouldn’t be tolerated.

In football, standing on an opponents logo to break a huddle disrespectful. However, unlike normal society, after this is done, a game is played in which a stone cold ass whooping should be administered to all perpetrators.
    There was a stretch where the Ravens players broke some guys elbow (inadvertently), made Henry question his ability to stay in the game, and gave Corey Davis a concussion (but he was never checked out by the observer. WFT happened after that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It’s like when you hear racist chants at a soccer match and some fans say, ‘make them pay with your play’. No, it should not be tolerated period. Or if at a women’s soccer match you hear somebody yell, ‘Show me your *expletive*, because that’s what I came for’. Should be zero tolerance. If that player has a bad game, it shouldn’t be their fault for letting it get to them, because it shouldn’t be tolerated period. So, if they don’t make them pay with their play, the chants are suddenly okay? Of course not.
    You have to at least mention that alcohol is a huge cause of that behavior at sporting events. If it bothers you and offends you then you shouldn’t go.