Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: The 2020 Ravens Are Spineless

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This team is getting bitch slapped and disrespected left and right. First Tomlin with the “We respect Lamar but don’t fear him.” The following week the colts repeated it. Titans players completely bitching us. Steelers players mad af talking super disrespectful because they didn’t get a chance to skullfuck us in front of the world. And we are just going to take it.
    I don’t know if the Steelers who are mad about the game being moved care as much about that than they do that their long weekend got messed up. In a way it’s like any job, if you made plans and find out that you have to work it’s kind of a bummer.

Reminds me of the last few Joe years - carry a lead or get a lead in the 2nd half and the D finds a way to put the opposition on top at the end.

This team is getting bitch slapped and disrespected left and right. First Tomlin with the “We respect Lamar but don’t fear him.” The following week the colts repeated it. Titans players completely bitching us. Steelers players mad af talking super disrespectful because they didn’t get a chance to skullfuck us in front of the world. And we are just going to take it.
    you see what BB said about lamar lol

Blog Entries

The issue is mental. I’ll provide an example. We all remember Fabian Washington. Well, Fabian Washington, for those who may have forgotten, did not have a reputation as the ‘most physical’ CB in the league. One off-season, he decided to put on all of this muscle, in order to be more physical. Watching him play that season, he looked like the same Fabian Washington with extra muscle, still lacking that physicality.

We are used to our Ravens coming ready for a fight. They may not always win and we’ll still be pissed when they lose, but it won’t be for lack of physicality or that anyone surpassed it. At the most, we’d occasionally face a team who matched it.

Now, this is not the only way to deal with a bully team. You could come out with a finesse style that is very potent in the passing offense, like Peyton Indianapolis teams, and run teams off the field and make them look like fools when they’re unable to keep up. Unfortunately, our players lack that level of confidence in our passing offense. So you HAVE to bring that physicality. That is mental.

Another reason why I say that is, because from a physical perspective, there is not a great difference between the talent on various teams. The differences seem to more so be in coaching, psychology and technical ability (As they’d say in World Football). I mean from a purely physical perspective.

This is an issue of mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I don’t know if the Steelers who are mad about the game being moved care as much about that than they do that their long weekend got messed up. In a way it’s like any job, if you made plans and find out that you have to work it’s kind of a bummer.
    good call, I'm sure many (as well as Ravens) had flight plans for the three or four day weekend. The Ravens guys can't moan publicly cuz their paymaster was the "cause".

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    you see what BB said about lamar lol
    That too!

Harbs did not like players who had attitude. He has worked tirelessly to get team players onto the roster but at the expense of all vocal leaders. Now he needs a few of those vocal leaders and there are none. No Ed Reed, no Ray Lewis, no anybody who will get into your face or slap you into motion. So we have 53 nice guys like LJ and Humphries who wont say anything worse than a mild word or two. Yanda would have gotten into your face but he is gone. So we get a team with little backbone to push back and we have a coach who is whiny, just like his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Harbs did not like players who had attitude. He has worked tirelessly to get team players onto the roster but at the expense of all vocal leaders. Now he needs a few of those vocal leaders and there are none. No Ed Reed, no Ray Lewis, no anybody who will get into your face or slap you into motion. So we have 53 nice guys like LJ and Humphries who wont say anything worse than a mild word or two. Yanda would have gotten into your face but he is gone. So we get a team with little backbone to push back and we have a coach who is whiny, just like his brother.
    Bernard Pollard warned us...

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    I know nobody wants to acknowledge it, but Earl Thomas was an individual who brought fire & swagger to the defense. His dismissal was justified, true, but now look at the passive choir boy demeanor of the defense. The offensive woes are the bigger detractor from this team but having him on the field would have been a big help on a team that currently needs all the help it can get. Thursday is gonna be a slaughter
    Don't buy that at all. Earl was a pushover who didn't even want to tackle as a Raven, I thought his coverage was solid but he showed virtually no effort to impose his will on anybody physically. I don't think he was a leader at all...clearly the entire team thought he was a clown who acted too cool to show up on time, learn the playbook, or give his maximum effort.

Earl's most memorable moments were quitting on plays and getting bitched by Derrick Henry... you want to see an actual dog? Deshon Elliott brings real fire

The Steelers players all sounded like they were 100% confident they were going to beat the ever loving shit out of us... I just can't believe the way the power dynamic has shifted with them. I mean we gifted them a pick 6, STILL led at halftime, and they needed a series of highly questionable officiating to drag them across the finish line in the first meeting. But yet they are extremely confident... because they broke us mentally. Pats broke us mentally when they went behind. Titans broke us mentally when they went behind.

Once a team knows they can make you quit even when you have the lead... it's a scary sight. It's like when you start losing to your little brother in a game but know you can just crank up the heat and win whenever you actually put your mind to it. Teams are treating us like their chippy little brother now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The Steelers players all sounded like they were 100% confident they were going to beat the ever loving shit out of us... I just can't believe the way the power dynamic has shifted with them. I mean we gifted them a pick 6, STILL led at halftime, and they needed a series of highly questionable officiating to drag them across the finish line in the first meeting. But yet they are extremely confident... because they broke us mentally. Pats broke us mentally when they went behind. Titans broke us mentally when they went behind.

Once a team knows they can make you quit even when you have the lead... it's a scary sight. It's like when you start losing to your little brother in a game but know you can just crank up the heat and win whenever you actually put your mind to it. Teams are treating us like their chippy little brother now.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The Steelers players all sounded like they were 100% confident they were going to beat the ever loving shit out of us...
    Its the opposite, The Ravens ran all over their mediocre/dirty D and kicked their asses. The Steelers were on the field they know they got trucked and know they lucked out LJ was god awful and bailed them out. Anyone who watched that game did. Theyre desperate to play now because they are scared of the Ravens beating them.

Nothing about the Steelers scare me, theyre not some juggernaut they have 0% chance aginst Andy and Pat in the playoffs so the undefeated stuff is moot, they gonna lose.

I will say i would like to see some retaliation for Steelers dirty hits from the last game. Go ahead take a penalty and cut Watts knees, put a helmet into JuJu's(helmet). If the refs wont call it fair than the other teams needs to know there is a price for cheap shots.