Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The 2020 Ravens Are Spineless

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't think they were soft last year.

They routinely went with 12, 22 and 21 personnel on offens,e welcomed teams into the box and the OL + Boyle + Ricard just knocked guys in the mouth.

Look no further than the Patriots game. We were running back to back plays with the same play call and they couldn't stop them because of the blocking.

That said, there's something about this year that isn't the same. I would imagine Yanda is a big part of it, but a lot of the players don't have that mean streak, yet somehow did last year.
    Maybe no one tried them until the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    see ya in a few years; he's not going anywhere
    That says a lot about Bisciotti unfortunately. Harbaugh has been been lucky twice now, once when Boller and Tyrod went down and Flacco became the starter and then when Flacco went down and Lamar took over. Without the second thing happening, we probably have a different staff in here now.

please...Harbs is more of an extension of Bisciotti than Jason was of Jerry, and you saw what that took to cut....Garrett was no alpha either... Bisciotti feeds from the vibes he gets from Harbs...on a personal and emotional level...he loves him.

The end of Harb's participation in this organization, in is lifetime, would have to come from Harbs jilting Bisciotti... if Harbs was "fired", he'd be made GM or "Prez. of Football Ops".

Ravens are absolutely missing on-field leadership. If one thing goes wrong the wheels fall off. That is a sign of immaturity and not having a calming presence to right the ship. Maybe it growing pains but they need someone to step up and be a leader.

Lamar summed it up "they wanted it more than us". Elliot, Dobbins and Dez were the only guys that showed any fire out there to me. The Ravens got punked on their home field. Embarrassing.
    Last edited by Maximus; 11-25-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    I know nobody wants to acknowledge it, but Earl Thomas was an individual who brought fire & swagger to the defense. His dismissal was justified, true, but now look at the passive choir boy demeanor of the defense. The offensive woes are the bigger detractor from this team but having him on the field would have been a big help on a team that currently needs all the help it can get. Thursday is gonna be a slaughter
    He was the lead blocker on Henry's back breaking run in the playoffs. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    please...Harbs is more of an extension of Bisciotti than Jason was of Jerry, and you saw what that took to cut....Garrett was no alpha either... Bisciotti feeds from the vibes he gets from Harbs...on a personal and emotional level...he loves him.

The end of Harb's participation in this organization, in is lifetime, would have to come from Harbs jilting Bisciotti... if Harbs was "fired", he'd be made GM or "Prez. of Football Ops".
    If Flacco had remained healthy, we'd be looking at probably having missed the playoffs 6 of the 7 years since the SB win. If Bisciotti likes mediocrity then we have a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He was the lead blocker on Henry's back breaking run in the playoffs. No thanks!
    Agree 100%. Thomas was an overrated guy who took lots of plays off. The fact that nobody wants him says much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    If Flacco had remained healthy, we'd be looking at probably having missed the playoffs 6 of the 7 years since the SB win. If Bisciotti likes mediocrity then we have a huge problem.
    Of course he does. Continuity! Seriously, the Ravens are the Office Space of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Of course he does. Continuity! Seriously, the Ravens are the Office Space of the NFL.
    Apparently so. It sort of makes one ask why we should pay any attention at all to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Apparently so. It sort of makes one ask why we should pay any attention at all to them.
    Trust me, I am a fan of football. I am more interested in watching other games these days. Rams vs. Bucs was a fun game to watch, it was like watching a different sport compared to Ravens games. I will always pull for the Ravens but I am no longer so emotionally invested anymore. I won’t buy gear or wear it and I certainly will never attend another game in all likelihood.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for RSR and all of you guys, I probably would have lost all interest in the team a long time ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Yeah, I don't agree with that take. Thomas was basically the one guy that didn't seem to give a shit last year. I can't imagine him on this year's squad.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52