Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The 2020 Ravens Are Spineless

Just watched the Harbs and Vrabel confrontation with audio and I’m more pissed than I was on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    Just watched the Harbs and Vrabel confrontation with audio and I’m more pissed than I was on game day.
    Definitely comes off as Harbaugh whining and Vrabel essentially telling him to go fuck himself lol.

Titans definitely came on our field and punked the shit out of us.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We drafted Kamalei Correa over Derrick Henry. Just imagine being that stupid.
    We drafted him over a bunch of better players...starting from where we started to trade back with that 2nd round pick...we originally had the 36th pick and of the players drafted between 36 and 47, we whiffed on the following guys to take Correa:

Myles Jack
    Chris Jones
    Xavian Howard
    Sterling Shepard (admittingly, probably doesn't belong with the rest of these guys)
    Derrick Henry
    Michael Thomas

Ozzie was in the midst of a real dry spell with 2nd round picks at this point.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    I know nobody wants to acknowledge it, but Earl Thomas was an individual who brought fire & swagger to the defense. His dismissal was justified, true, but now look at the passive choir boy demeanor of the defense. The offensive woes are the bigger detractor from this team but having him on the field would have been a big help on a team that currently needs all the help it can get. Thursday is gonna be a slaughter
    Earl would have fought the entire Titans by himself if he saw them on the logo in the center of the field.

But, I still think they win on Thursday.
    Let’s Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Definitely comes off as Harbaugh whining and Vrabel essentially telling him to go fuck himself lol.

Lol, that’s exactly how it came across

Blog Entries

To be clear, you can be an upstanding citizen and a great guy, but have that proper aggressive mentality on the field. My best in person player experience was Ed Reed and I don’t recall him ever getting into trouble with the Ravens. Haloti Ngata was one of the nicest men around and he took great pleasure in breaking Ben’s nose.

Let’s not the perpetuate the ‘Nice guy is the soft one we can beat up’ stereotype.

I don't think they were soft last year.

They routinely went with 12, 22 and 21 personnel on offens,e welcomed teams into the box and the OL + Boyle + Ricard just knocked guys in the mouth.

Look no further than the Patriots game. We were running back to back plays with the same play call and they couldn't stop them because of the blocking.

That said, there's something about this year that isn't the same. I would imagine Yanda is a big part of it, but a lot of the players don't have that mean streak, yet somehow did last year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't think they were soft last year.

They routinely went with 12, 22 and 21 personnel on offens,e welcomed teams into the box and the OL + Boyle + Ricard just knocked guys in the mouth.

Look no further than the Patriots game. We were running back to back plays with the same play call and they couldn't stop them because of the blocking.

That said, there's something about this year that isn't the same. I would imagine Yanda is a big part of it, but a lot of the players don't have that mean streak, yet somehow did last year.

This! Marshal Yanda was without a doubt the toughest SOB on the field when he played. The man destroyed souls in the trenches and I think that leadership and passion is really missed. Guys feed off of that type of energy.

Our defensive line is decimated, and the only player on defense right now who is even remotely intimidating is Deshon Elliot. Our line backers are soft, and Chuck Clark is whiffing on tackles far to often. Need more enforcers on defense ASAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    two things...the playoff loss was the reality check...just like the crushing :out of nowhere" 1976 Steelers playoff rout...it took the starch out of 'em forever. The Colts (and the fans) knew, psychologically, they were not good enough even though they made the 77 playoffs...and these Ravens know, it is not to be with this "core". Both couldn't/can't recover from the emotional abyss after a SB expectation goes down in a smack down. They need to blow the roster up. This includes eating ego (Bisciotti and Harbs...) and admitting the Ravens are no longer the leading source for scouting talemt. Dump EDC and hire from a stud scouting department like Pitt, TN, KC, GB... Scot McLaughlin is sitting right there.

Second, dysfunctional dressing room and I think it centers on LJ. He is young, a nice kid and impressionable. He lost the older African-American guys, they're not respecting him for some reason or the other. He's emotionally vulnerable which is epic fail for an NFL qb. The wheels came off sometime after the AB workout vids and the training camp. More reason to scrap all this. We painted ourselves in the corner with that Marlon/Peters deals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

That's putting it mildly. I'm done with this team until Harbaugh is gone. Can't root for a team that doesn't care.

Harbaugh is the biggest problem but I agree that way too much of this roster is soft. Elliott is the only guy who really lays the lumber on people in the secondary. The rest of them tackle like their first priority is not getting hurt. No Chris McCalisters or Bernard Pollards out there. None of our LB's strike any fear into people, either. This isn't your 2000 Ravens or even your 2012 Ravens.

Once Harbaugh cleaned out all the dominant personalities we got a team that reflected him, weak, soft and by the book. We've been living off the reputation of our previous teams for years now. I always have to laugh hearing commentators who don't watch us regularly talk about the "hard hitting Ravens." Harbaugh was thrown a life line when Flacco got hurt and Lamar took over. Without that, he'd probably be gone by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That's putting it mildly. I'm done with this team until Harbaugh is gone. Can't root for a team that doesn't care.
    see ya in a few years; he's not going anywhere

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!