Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What Does "Play Like a Raven" Even Mean Anymore?

They invest cap and high draft capital in botique, dependent positions like receivers and cornerbax. Leadership cant and doesnt come from there. It comes from the "tip of the spear" in militant terms...qb and the elite run stoppers. They tried with Lamar cuz he fell by chance but we found out the reason. He will never get respect skillwise but hes also too nice and psychologically vulnerable. But filling out the defensive front with non p5 driftwoods is epic fail. Chase Young woukd be great here. Get some high pick stud coming off a rook deal...wait, were tied up with peters and marlon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I said in posts years ago at this point that most people did not recognize the institutional seismic shift that occurred due to the Ray Rice situation intersecting perfectly with the beginning of the #metoo movement. Because I am a nobody poster, those posts were mostly ignored (as they probably should have been). However, this is the logical conclusion to the nuclear bomb dropped by Ray Rice onto the Ravens. The fallout from his brutishness has changed the tenor of this organization in fundamental ways. Harbs is the perfect coach for those changes because he embodies the idea that the NFL must cater to a new and more evolved fan base. You make not like that but it means that someone like Ray Lewis does not fit in this new world. The Ravens want to make role models for the kids growing up in this world, not the one you grew up in. It is a matter of checking your own perspective on what the NFL represents in the fabric of American culture. These teams, for better or for worse, are ambassadors for that culture and those values, and the NFL knows this.
    I would disagree, but you actually made my point. It is about making MONEY, not winning.

You can't win it all without taking risks on certain players. Players plenty of other teams take those risks on. Long as that is the chief concern around here, the Ravens will continue to be the bastion of good, not great teams from here on out. Great teams win Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Was that a veiled shot at Brown’s toughness at the end? I don’t really understand what the clip of Lamar missing the easy TD to him was trying to say.
    I can see the potential confusion. At that point in the video I speak to the many issues the Ravens need to overcome. I used that video clip to demonstrate that Jackson to Brown is one of them...and the WR position remains an issue as a whole. Plus, we can debate Brown's lack of physicality as one of HIS issues.

Hope that helps...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I would disagree, but you actually made my point. It is about making MONEY, not winning.

You can't win it all without taking risks on certain players. Players plenty of other teams take those risks on. Long as that is the chief concern around here, the Ravens will continue to be the bastion of good, not great teams from here on out. Great teams win Super Bowls.
    Happy to be of service! Lol. Yeah I think that the mentality was before LJ got here and continues to be, "lets just get to the dance and see what happens". You don't need to take the risk on those types of players (ET reinforced that thinking) that will convert at 10-6, 11-5 WC spot into a 14-2 division spot, it is not worth the risk to the organization. I think they know exactly what they are doing and how they are doing it. Too much ego and you are not coming here.