Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: More Positive COVID tests

Don't really think it's about who the players are or volume of players (to a certain point), if they have more test positive tomorrow and Thursday you can't put them out there on Thursday night with another team not knowing who else or how many could be compromised. I know people think they will do anything to play this game but I can't see it happening if the team continues to report new positives every day, that is the "no other choice" scenario.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Don't really think it's about who the players are or volume of players (to a certain point), if they have more test positive tomorrow and Thursday you can't put them out there on Thursday night with another team not knowing who else or how many could be compromised. I know people think they will do anything to play this game but I can't see it happening if the team continues to report new positives every day, that is the "no other choice" scenario.
    I'm sure we can come up with a couple more bit players to test positive tomorrow morning!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I mostly agree but I do wonder what the NFL would do if the entire RB room was positive. Would they make Ravens play with no RB? Maybe they would and Ravens would have to get creative and put a WR at RB, etc. (Duvernay????)

But, I do agree that the MOST LIKELY reason they would cancel the game is if there are more positives Wednesday/Thursday.

Blog Entries

The game wouldn't be canceled. It would be rescheduled. They would still have to play eventually. Didn't the NFL make changes for the end of the season, just in case this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I mostly agree but I do wonder what the NFL would do if the entire RB room was positive. Would they make Ravens play with no RB? Maybe they would and Ravens would have to get creative and put a WR at RB, etc. (Duvernay????)

But, I do agree that the MOST LIKELY reason they would cancel the game is if there are more positives Wednesday/Thursday.
    If an entire position group is wiped out and they make them play anyway that is totally screwed up. They don’t want to lose the audience I get that, but the Ravens are fighting for their season and they’re still going to make them play at that much of a disadvantage, when all they have to do is wait a few days for a quality game. They just want any game they don’t care, and it’s so greedy.

If I’m Bisciotti I’m fighting tooth and nail to get the game moved.

Blog Entries

speculation on twitter that Lamar is one that tested positive.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Didn’t the league trip over itself trying to reschedule a Patriots game because Cam got Covid? Funny how the new normal is “deal with it” but 3-4 weeks ago that wasn’t the case when other teams were involved
    but this is a primetime game on a night when people have the next day off - there will be upwards of 40M people watching. That's a lot of $$ to mess with

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    speculation on twitter that Lamar is one that tested positive.
    Anyone with a blue check reporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The game wouldn't be canceled. It would be rescheduled. They would still have to play eventually. Didn't the NFL make changes for the end of the season, just in case this happened.
    Yes, they approved a potential Week 18 but said they wouldn't go beyond that. If meaningful games do end up being cancelled, that triggers the 16 team playoff field vs. 14. So, if they postpone the game, it would either be until Sunday and leave rest of schedule in tact, or add this game to Week 18 (which could be a benefit if Steelers have nothing to play for as well as making the Steelers game vs. Cleveland in Week 17 more likely to have meaning for Steelers)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...cancellations/

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    could be a benefit if Steelers have nothing to play for as well as making the Steelers game vs. Cleveland in Week 17 more likely to have meaning for Steelers
    Plus it would expand the playoff field. Let's do it!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

As others have mentioned anyone today or the rest of the week won't be able to play against Dallas either. So if Lamar tests positive today we're pretty well boned, to say nothing of anyone else who does.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

NFL spokesman says there is no change to the status of Thursday's Ravens-Steelers game. "We will continue to monitor developments in consultation with our medical experts. Our foremost concern is the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel."

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/...90837934895106
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed