Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm gonna go there.... Justice Hill

It's impressive to me if someone is able to last four, five, or more years as a STer. There are always young players coming in on the draft and undrafted free agents teams are hopeful can develop, and once you're not the guy they're looking to develop the team has to really value the contribution on ST to figure it outweighs some other player's potential.

If anyone thinks ST isn't important...

https://youtu.be/UAL5X3TRA2A

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It's impressive to me if someone is able to last four, five, or more years as a STer. There are always young players coming in on the draft and undrafted free agents teams are hopeful can develop, and once you're not the guy they're looking to develop the team has to really value the contribution on ST to figure it outweighs some other player's potential.

Just ask “Captain Who?”

(Shout out to all the old-timers)
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

looking forward to see what he's got
    hasn't gotten many chances with so many RBs
    could be a sleeper star
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Hill is a guy who could do some things on third down, if the line were playing well. You could take that chance with him in there and move him around a little. If the holes are there, he’s a good straight line or one cut and go kind of runner.

5. Re: I'm gonna go there.... Justice Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Screens
    Could they pitch to Hill and have him use his 4.40 40 speed to run outside?

The o-line isn’t blocking well enough for Hill to have much success between the tackles. Maybe use him and Gus at the same time so the defense doesn’t know where you’re going to run.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The o-line isn’t blocking well enough for Hill to have much success between the tackles. Maybe use him and Gus at the same time so the defense doesn’t know where you’re going to run.
    In a way you already have Lamar for that, and it's not working very well. But whatever you do with Hill, please do not give him snaps as a decoy/pass blocker 100% of the time. It's self-defeating.

Blog Entries

The Steelers defense front normally plays well against a running back with Gus Edwards style. Gus seems to run the play that’s called and he’s a straight forward north to south kind of guy. Where the Steelers have had trouble is when the play breaks down early and the running back starts to freelance. They are missing the speed at linebacker without Devin Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    In a way you already have Lamar for that, and it's not working very well. But whatever you do with Hill, please do not give him snaps as a decoy/pass blocker 100% of the time. It's self-defeating.
    I think Gus/Hill/Lamar are a great combination.

GUS--pound them down the middle...if he has success starting to do that, teams start to collapse on him and Lamar can break one on the outside.

Hill is your change of pace back that can break one outisde, be effective in passing game, etc. Putting Gus and Hill together would be interesting as well. That gives you options such as:

1) pound it with Gus
    2) Have Gus as lead blocker for outside run to Hill or Lamar (of maybe even run the option where Lamar can keep or pitch to Hill)
    3) Fake to Gus and pitch or quick pass to Hill.
    4) Fake to Gus up the middle, Hill breaks off one direction, Lamar takes off the other direction.

Blog Entries

Here's a special Special Teams tackle for ya :

https://youtu.be/KcZRmcuwzSU

... Bc

tell it to the liability lawyers. I see punts going everything a FC.

12. Re: I'm gonna go there.... Justice Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I think Gus/Hill/Lamar are a great combination.

GUS--pound them down the middle...if he has success starting to do that, teams start to collapse on him and Lamar can break one on the outside.

Hill is your change of pace back that can break one outisde, be effective in passing game, etc. Putting Gus and Hill together would be interesting as well. That gives you options such as:

1) pound it with Gus
    2) Have Gus as lead blocker for outside run to Hill or Lamar (of maybe even run the option where Lamar can keep or pitch to Hill)
    3) Fake to Gus and pitch or quick pass to Hill.
    4) Fake to Gus up the middle, Hill breaks off one direction, Lamar takes off the other direction.
    Agree with all this.

However.

What you're suggesting is that the Ravens put more RBs on the field than they ordinarily do, in a situation where they have 2 RBs out with covid.

I like the idea of there being 2 RBs out there. But if putting 2 RBs out there is good when Dobbins and Ingram are out, wouldn't it be better if there were 2 RBs out there when Dobbins and Ingram are not out?

Wouldn't one think that, because there's a shortage of RBs, there might be more, I dunno, WRs out there? Certainly one would think that Hill would get more snaps against the Steelers, because Dobbins and Ingram won't be getting them. Maybe I'd guess that if you added the snaps that Edwards gets and the snaps that Hill gets, you'd get almost exactly a full games worth of snaps. Maybe Edwards gets 60-70% of the RB snaps and Hill gets 30-40% of the RB snaps?