Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: It’s Steelers week

Well, lets see who is even standing on our team by the end of this latest Covid round.

We may be double digit underdogs after Covid fucks us.

Field Yates
    @FieldYates
    ·
    37m
    Since entering the league in 2018, Ravens RB Gus Edwards leads all NFL players in percentage of runs gaining at least 5 yards and percentage of runs gaining yardage. Gus
    ��

LET'S GET THIS BUS ROLLING TOMORROW!!! Run it down their throat, mix in some quick slants/screens to Duvernay and Dez and neutralize that pass rush!

OK...so let's look at what the Ravens will have/be missing for this game:

OUT
    RBs Ingram and Dobbins
    DL Williams and Campbell (may have been out anyway due to injury)
    OLB McPhee
    OL--Mekari, Skura

RB--Obviously this will be Edwards and Hill. Not ideal but still a respectable combination in my opinion
    DL--same as Titans game---Wolfe, Madubuike, Ellis, Washington (Crawford from practice squad if necessary)
    OLB--Ward replaces McPhee. Again, not ideal, but Ward is solid.

Oline is the biggest question mark?

1st question: Who plays center? 3 realistic options are Bozeman (shifting from LG), Bredeson, and Colon-Castillo?
    2nd question: Who plays right tackle?

My guess is we go:
    Brown--Bozeman--Colon-Castillo--Powers--Fluker (and perhaps rotate in Holden) I am guessing Colon-Castillo over Bredeson based on the sole fact that Bredeson was inactive last game.

I am assuming that Phillips is not a realistic option at RT for this week after just coming back from injury and having little to no practices before this game. What do you all think our Oline will look like this week?

Our O line may just be to put OBJ at LT and throw the names into a hat to pick who is and where they are at in regards to the other 4 spots.That hurts to say but that’s about where we are at right now on the Oline.

If someone showed me the o line lineup we will be pushing out Sunday pre Yanda retiring, I would have cried myself to sleep for an entire month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Our O line may just be to put OBJ at LT and throw the names into a hat to pick who is and where they are at in regards to the other 4 spots.That hurts to say but that’s about where we are at right now on the Oline.

If someone showed me the o line lineup we will be pushing out Sunday pre Yanda retiring, I would have cried myself to sleep for an entire month.
    Looks like Holden/Skura/Mekari out

I am guessing olins is Zeus/Bozeman/Colon-Castillo/Powers/Fluker starting. Backups Bredeson, Phillips, and Prince (practice squad)

Dline—most likely Campbell/Madubuike/Williams (eligible to co
    E back as close contact but doubtful with injury) out

That leaves us with Wolfe-Ellis-Washington with only Crawford (pr. Squad) as backup

Blog Entries

I would go with:
    Brown J
    Powers
    Bozeman
    Phillips
    Flucker

Run the damn ball with Gus.
    Not just read option.
    Inside-outside zone, gap, power, trap, toss, counter, toss-pitch, speed-option.
    Quick game and 3-steps drops.

Get out of there with a 40+ carry game and the W

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I would go with:
    Brown J
    Powers
    Bozeman
    Phillips
    Flucker

Not just read option.

They're gonna stack the box. Won't be as easy to run on them this time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    They're gonna stack the box. Won't be as easy to run on them this time
    They stacked the box last game too.
    The stacked the box in Griffin’s W vs them last year.
    No self respecting running team fears a stacked box.

Blog Entries

I would go with:
    Brown J
    Powers
    Bozeman
    Phillips
    Flucker

Not just read option.

I agree. No turnovers and they have a legit shot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would go with:
    Brown J
    Powers
    Bozeman
    Phillips
    Flucker

Not just read option.

I think they might leave Phillips out of starting lineup for the sole reason that he may be the ONLY option at tackle if Brown or Fluker get hurt in-game.

So I am still guessing Brown/Bozeman/Colon-Castillo/Powers/Fluker.

Also have the feeling they are reluctant to play Bozeman at Center for whatever reason.

Hope you guys pull it off.

12. Do the Ravens Get Roster Exemptions So They Can Sign Extra Players for This Week's Game, If It's Played?

Simple enough question, I guess.

The Ravens look like they may have 18-20 players who have to sit out Tuesday, if there is a game at all. Losing 18-20 players (or more) off a 53 man roster doesn't really leave us enough players to form a team if we can't add people off our practice squad, other teams' practice squads, unsigned players who kept in shape (Maybe cut by a team before or during the season, or just guys who played in past years hoping to be signed.), CFL players who have concluded their season, recent retirees, etc..

I was just looking at someone who crossed out the names of unavailable players on our depth chart, and it is barely enough to have 11 starters on offense and 11 players on defense (We'd actually be short a starting defensive lineman, but I guess maybe it could be assumed someone would attempt to play that position who doesn't normally play it).

I'm not against playing if the experts say it's safe for the players on the field. Beats a forfeit (Which I don't think we should have to do anyway- given that the Steelers have 6 guys out and counting. If it's not played, it should be considered a non-game and we could do standings and playoff eligibility based on winning percentage). I'd watch it.

However, clearly, we need to sign a bunch of people very fast just to have enough warm bodies to play. Can we do that by NFL rules without cutting people off our 53 man roster?

It seems to me that people with Covid in a situation like this should not count against roster and salary cap limits, so a team should be able to just sign guys without cutting anyone or worrying about the cap, and just have to cut them as players come back, but can we?

If we can, why aren't we so far? I realize that anyone we sign (Except off our own practice squad or someone who was in camp with us) won't know the playbook or be able to do much, but we will need uninfected professional football players who we don't currently have to come in during the game in spots to give the starters a few snaps to rest and replace people who sustain traditional football injuries during the game. There's no getting around the need for that. It may turn into a situation where when they are in the game, we're limited to 10 or 20 plays from an abbreviated simplified playbook, or the QB or whomever calls whatever play from the real playbook and just says "run" or "pass" after it in the huddle for the new guys, and the new guys just freelance based on that (Run a random route, block for a run or a pass without nuance, etc. on offense- and the equivalent of that on defense.) while the regulars run the play as designed, but getting them now and sending them some sort of abbreviated playbook online and having them talking to the coaches on Zoom or something beats signing them Tuesday morning. A few days mental prep is better than no prep at all.

Even if this game gets cancelled, we probably should still be signing players for the next game, because it's likely not all of the boatlands of players who are on the list now will be ready to come off it in time for the Cowboys game or whatever the next game we do play winds up being.