Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Vs OBJ

Stanley Vs OBJ

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that OBJ at left tackle looks even better than Stanley? And that's not a knock on Stanley but OBJ is totally killing it there. This is to be a more positive thread crediting a player that looks outstanding on the OL right now while the other 4 look like yesterdays poo

Re: Stanley Vs OBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Is it just me or has anyone noticed that OBJ at left tackle looks even better than Stanley? And that's not a knock on Stanley but OBJ is totally killing it there. This is to be a more positive thread crediting a player that looks outstanding on the OL right now while the other 4 look like yesterdays poo
    This week will be the test. Steelers #1 in team sacks.

But, he's done well so far. helps that Bozeman is next to him as well. Bozeman's quietly been pretty good this season.

This is inevitably going to turn into the question of whether the Ravens now have buyer’s remorse, but had Stanley not got injured OBJ would not be playing LT. Now that he is, yes he’s done a fantastic job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    This is inevitably going to turn into the question of whether the Ravens now have buyer’s remorse, but had Stanley not got injured OBJ would not be playing LT. Now that he is, yes he’s done a fantastic job so far.
    I have a good feeling about Phillips at tackle. If Phillips comes in and mauls defenders.. we might have a controversy at tackle

Blog Entries

It would probably be in their best interest to try and move him this off-season. Sell high and get a high pick or two. They aren't going to be able to re-sign him and they can't realistically get out of Stanley contract until 2024, so be proactive instead of watching him walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It would probably be in their best interest to try and move him this off-season. Sell high and get a high pick or two. They aren't going to be able to re-sign him and they can't realistically get out of Stanley contract until 2024, so be proactive instead of watching him walk for nothing.
    Move the healthy younger and keep the injury prone older one?

Not a bad idea at all since they know they can’t sign him, especially if he continues to play well and make the position transition full time. Dangle a young starting LT and get a nice return.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Move the healthy younger and keep the injury prone older one?
    Stanley is on the books. It’s already done.

Blog Entries

Its not possible to move Stanley any time soon. Look at the contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Not a bad idea at all since they know they can’t sign him, especially if he continues to play well and make the position transition full time. Dangle a young starting LT and get a nice return.
    Yeah, I said in another thread it's a trade that actually makes sense and can give them legitimate value. Even moreso if Phillips actually plays well at RT.

Its not possible to move Stanley any time soon. Look at the contract.
    But we can still get some serious draft capital.

I guese you could from OBJ as well.. but I don't trust Stanley to stay healthy

lol this is the best you can come up with after a week of deep thinking?