Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I’ll defer again to this list and tell me the NFL has done a good job at protecting its players and the games integrity

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknatio...ason-full-list

The bubble may not have been feasible in the exact format the NBA did. But the MLB? Limiting travel and isolating games in a central location? None of this has been even tried by the NFL despite having the most time to prep.

I’m arguing, if their plan isn’t working, they should shut it down and reevaluate, mid season, as the NBA did.

Want an idea? Everyone plays the rest of the season in neutral stadiums in a mid-country location like Texas (since theirs no hope or advantage for either Texas team). Everyone is in hotels, monitored by the league. No fans. Anyone who breaks protocol is sent packing for the year.
    Once again. What the fuck do you want them to do? Do you even have a clue what you actually expected them to do or are you just continuing to post how many players got it? For the 15th time, the players would have to agree to be in a bubble and none of them would.

There’s also thousands upon thousands of players and personnel in the NFL. Good luck finding accommodations that houses all of those players and where in the fuck do you think they could play 16 games a week at? Or are we now playing games at high school stadiums? Your whole idea is dumb.

The NBA shut down because the entire country shut down. Stop portraying the NBA shutting down as if they did it alone. No one knew what the hell was going on at the beginning of this. People were dropping like flies left and right.

2. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Once again. What the fuck do you want them to do? Do you even have a clue what you actually expected them to do or are you just continuing to post how many players got it? For the 15th time, the players would have to agree to be in a bubble and none of them would.

There’s also thousands upon thousands of players and personnel in the NFL. Good luck finding accommodations that houses all of those players and where in the fuck do you think they could play 16 games a week at? Or are we now playing games at high school stadiums? Your whole idea is dumb.

The NBA shut down because the entire country shut down. Stop portraying the NBA shutting down as if they did it alone. No one knew what the hell was going on at the beginning of this. People were dropping like flies left and right.
    I’ve never seen someone so quick to defend an organization that we clearly all complain about in one way or another. Try AFC in Dallas, NFC in Houston. Both NFL stadiums fully equipped to handle an NFL game. Both out of the hunt playoff wise (except for maybe a miraculous NFC east win for a 5-11 Dallas team)

How many people could it possibly be for an NFL team to run itself? Players plus coaches. 200 that need to be there. Tops? You’re saying there’s not enough hotels in Texas to accommodate that?

3. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Anything is better than nothing

I’ve never seen someone so quick to defend an organization that we clearly all complain about in one way or another. Try AFC in Dallas, NFC in Houston. Both NFL stadiums fully equipped to handle an NFL game. Both out of the hunt playoff wise (except for maybe a miraculous NFC east win for a 5-11 Dallas team)

How many people could it possibly be for an NFL team to run itself? Players plus coaches. 200 that need to be there. Tops? You’re saying there’s not enough hotels in Texas to accommodate that?
    So you want to spread the entirety of the NFL players across the state of Texas now? How are you handling 16 games? They all can’t play at once. Are we now playing games throughout the week? Forcing teams to play on a random Tuesday and then again Sunday? How about the TV rights to the games? The NBA worked because teams can be stacked two a night and they can turn around and play again a couple nights later. You can’t do that shit in the NFL.

Have you actually put any thought into what you are saying? Seems like you haven’t.

5. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Average hotel holds around 300 rooms. The nfl can’t pay/maintain 32 of those for a few months? Give me a break.

6. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

So you want to spread the entirety of the NFL players across the state of Texas now? How are you handling 16 games? They all can’t play at once. Are we now playing games throughout the week? Forcing teams to play on a random Tuesday and then again Sunday? How about the TV rights to the games? The NBA worked because teams can be stacked two a night and they can turn around and play again a couple nights later. You can’t do that shit in the NFL.

Have you actually put any thought into what you are saying? Seems like you haven’t.
    The NFL can schedule games however they want, as they’ve proven this season. If you’re in a truly “deal with it” mentality, how is this kind of thinking any different?

7. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Also, who is saying the entire state of Texas? Do you have any idea how many hotels exist in dallas and Houston alone?

Average hotel holds around 300 rooms. The nfl can’t pay/maintain 32 of those for a few months? Give me a break.
    For 6 months out of the year? And for 32 teams of players, coaches and personnel. No they can’t.

Once again, since you seem to be ignoring it because it doesn’t fit your stupid ass narrative. The players are apart of an association. They vote on shit like this. None of these players would want to be in a bubble from August - January. They would shut it down immediately.

9. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Considering it’s November, you’re only talking 3 months tops, for Super Bowl teams. Also, are you a member of the NFLPA and have insider info? No. A vote would be brought similar to what was agreed with with the cancellation of the preseason, it’s not hard. It just needs action, which the nfl is refusing to do

Considering it’s November, you’re only talking 3 months tops, for Super Bowl teams. Also, are you a member of the NFLPA and have insider info? No. A vote would be brought similar to what was agreed with with the cancellation of the preseason, it’s not hard. It just needs action, which the nfl is refusing to do
    Please just stop.

11. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Please just stop.
    Lol how bout you stop? What’s your beef, Stu?
    I’m trying to argue the league needs to be held accountable, you’re trying to argue against me. That’s what this board is all about. I don’t wanna stop I just wanna have a decent conversation about it

Lol how bout you stop? What’s your beef, Stu?
    I’m trying to argue the league needs to be held accountable, you’re trying to argue against me. That’s what this board is all about. I don’t wanna stop I just wanna have a decent conversation about it
    It’s impossible to have a conversation when you keep pushing the same stupid ass ideas that aren’t feasible.

Every single person but you have agreed that the NFL has done a great job through all of this. Except you. Leave it go.