Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    As a medical doctor I would ask the mods to step in and heavily regulate COVID posts that spread misinformation. I generally do not care what people post and hate the mod police, but we should be careful with this covid thing.
    It can be moved to the (not maintained anymore) covid tracker. As long as all of the talk is about nfl and covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Games were canceled, then moved but it was done.

That seems to be a no go now. But let's see what happens if another Raven tests positive before Thursday.

i'll give the NFL a pass on Covid due to the lack of experience involved with an extremely rare pandemic.

where the league should be embarrassed is with the administration of the game. i'm tired of seeing referees hold court after every flag thrown, replays that you can make the determination on TV but take referees 20 minutes to figure out and to live in the delirious world that replay makes the game more accurate when a material amount of mistakes are non-called penalties that are not subject to review.

5. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    i'll give the NFL a pass on Covid due to the lack of experience involved with an extremely rare pandemic.

where the league should be embarrassed is with the administration of the game. i'm tired of seeing referees hold court after every flag thrown, replays that you can make the determination on TV but take referees 20 minutes to figure out and to live in the delirious world that replay makes the game more accurate when a material amount of mistakes are non-called penalties that are not subject to review.
    I’d be more willing to give them a pass at trying what they did and seeing if it worked for the first part of the season, it didn’t, as was proven by the Titans outbreak where games and byes were moved. How long did they think that could be maintained? Rather than act, they continue to trickle out these small protocol changes, rather than doing what the nba did with a shutdown, reevaluate, and come back with a better plan. It’s just the stubbornness that annoys me the most.

If everything goes to hell and they bubble toward the end of the season to protect just playoff teams, how was this season fair? Could’ve been planned from the get-go and we would’ve had a legitimate season

6. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I think your points are fair but there is a reluctance from public health officials to come down too hard on the NFL for fear of making people less compliant. In addition there are real and difficult medical liability issues that start to crop up when these teams are subject to some of the state mandates considering they already restrict the public from games. In other words, there is not much anyone can do other than to let players make their own judgment calls (aka opt out)...

There is a more interesing argument about the public policy affect a organization as big as the NFL can have in setting tone and tenor, but that is for another message board.
    I get that the rules for fan allowance was a state by state rule, I just disagree that the NFL didn’t say, for the sake of competitive equality and consistency, if one team can’t have fans, then no team can have fans. Instead it’s just a week by week, try this/try that.

The NFL can and should have made a plan that gave equal footing to all teams, like the NBA did. I don’t wanna hear any arguments that you just can’t do that with an NFL team because it’s too many people. They have more money than God.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    It's just a complete disaster of a year for the NFL. The playoff formatting is going to allow for a probably 5-11 team to host a playoff game in the NFC East, everything they've done in regards to covid, your first overall draft pick getting his career potentially destroyed while being on a terrible team that can't protect him (and officials not protecting him as well). The whole operation needs to be reevaluated.
    How is this any different from any other year? It seems like you are bitching just to hear yourself bitch.

Deal with it just like every other team has to.

I happen to selfishly enjoy watching Ravens games amid a year that is pretty much sheer misery.

9. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Please look at this list and tell me this was an acceptable number of players who either got sick or had to miss games/practices during the season with the NFLs plan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknatio...ason-full-list

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Please look at this list and tell me this was an acceptable number of players who either got sick or had to miss games/practices during the season with the NFLs plan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknatio...ason-full-list
    What what exactly do you want the NFL to do? Others have already stated that the bubble concept had absolutely 0% chance of happening and making it to an approval through the players association.

Do you want the NFL to provide babysitters for these grown men to make sure they don’t go out and get exposed to Covid?

11. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    How is this any different from any other year? It seems like you are bitching just to hear yourself bitch.

Deal with it just like every other team has to.
    Lol I’m really glad I get to criticize the NFL and don’t have to work for them. They actually have to deal with it. And I wouldn’t get too high and mighty, everyone on a message board is here to hear to here themselves bitch, including you at me

12. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    What what exactly do you want the NFL to do? Others have already stated that the bubble concept had absolutely 0% chance of happening and making it to an approval through the players association.

Do you want the NFL to provide babysitters for these grown men to make sure they don’t go out and get exposed to Covid?
    What do you think the NBA did with the bubble hotels? Leave or bring people in you lose your job. That’s pretty much babysitting if I ever heard of it. It worked, and should be adopted.