Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    What are you upset for? I have friends who are die-hard baseball fans (mostly Yankees and Mets), who were virtually heart-broken at the way the 2020 season played out. Most regular season games, and their tickets, were canceled. We football fans, although there have been "adjustments" to the NFL schedule, have been blessed to see pro football every week under these difficult circumstances.

I'd add that this "we ain’t paid to offer solutions and have no power to institute any of the ideas the beautiful geniuses of this board may come up with" is pretty snarky. So, what's your solution?

I'll send you my wife's cousin's wife's turkey recipe, along with her delicious, moist stuffing too... Bc
    Apologies haha, the beautiful geniuses remark was not snark, just a light joke about myself and all of us on the board. I consider us all beautiful geniuses of football.

My upsetness comes with the league alone, in that I believe they should be held to a higher standard than they currently are when it comes to how they decided to deal with covid. Because their original “plan” is now falling to pieces.

I get that having a season is better than not, for a lot of reasons. What I don’t get is the blatant disregard for player safety and competitive integrity. The league let the Ravens hold walkthroughs Monday and Tuesday in spite of positive tests that happened Sunday. All in the interest of keeping a Thanksgiving game from getting moved. That worsened an outbreak and now puts them in a deeper bind. That, to me, is mismanagement that is laughable and shows no regard for anything other than money. They need to get this back together if they want the season to stay remotely legit, and protect their players/coaches/everyone who works for them.

Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Apologies haha, the beautiful geniuses remark was not snark, just a light joke about myself and all of us on the board. I consider us all beautiful geniuses of football.

My upsetness comes with the league alone, in that I believe they should be held to a higher standard than they currently are when it comes to how they decided to deal with covid. Because their original “plan” is now falling to pieces.

I get that having a season is better than not, for a lot of reasons. What I don’t get is the blatant disregard for player safety and competitive integrity. The league let the Ravens hold walkthroughs Monday and Tuesday in spite of positive tests that happened Sunday. All in the interest of keeping a Thanksgiving game from getting moved. That worsened an outbreak and now puts them in a deeper bind. That, to me, is mismanagement that is laughable and shows no regard for anything other than money. They need to get this back together if they want the season to stay remotely legit, and protect their players/coaches/everyone who works for them.
    Remember - those that are infected, don't test positive from the minute that they contract the virus. It takes several days for the virus to build up within the body of the infected person before it can even be detected by testing - thus we have the REAL EXPERTS stating the 10 to 14 day period of quarantine is required for people having close contact with people that have tested positive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll take it. There sure are a lot of whiners who don't offer any other solutions. I'm just happy we have football during these times when nothing else is normal...

About to record and watch later - undefeated Kent St take on undefeated Buffalo in the #MAC championship
    Jaret Patterson of Buffalo rushed for over 400 yards and 8 TDs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

MAC Championship scheduled for Dec. 18

The took him out on the last drive he could have broke the record for yards and tds that drive

Blog Entries

Player safety and competitive integrity go out the window where money is involved. I'm not agreeing or saying it's right, but trying to look at the situation in a realistic way. (a) The owners are greedy, (b) the players are greedy, (c) the networks paying to air pro football want to make a profit from their investment, (d) and the public has an insatiable appetite for the NFL product. It is Capitalism at it's best and worst at the same time. No matter which, it cannot be stopped and all involved will do everything in their power to have a full season including playoffs... Bc

P.S. - I truly believe that in the future, I won't be around to see it, stadiums will only consist of a field and luxury boxes. No need for the public, except to pay their cable fees.

7. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Player safety and competitive integrity go out the window where money is involved. I'm not agreeing or saying it's right, but trying to look at the situation in a realistic way. (a) The owners are greedy, (b) the players are greedy, (c) the networks paying to air pro football want to make a profit from their investment, (d) and the public has an insatiable appetite for the NFL product. It is Capitalism at it's best and worst at the same time. No matter which, it cannot be stopped and all involved will do everything in their power to have a full season including playoffs... Bc

P.S. - I truly believe that in the future, I won't be around to see it, stadiums will only consist of a field and luxury boxes. No need for the public, except to pay their cable fees.
    Even in a capitalist sense, I still think they really screwed this. Trying to get as much money as possible while they could without regard for your product, players/coaches, or fans is something I just don’t find feasible in the long-run.

We just had a game played today with no available quarterback at all, it was a terrible product, but kind of proves what the NFL is willing to do to just say they had a season, therefore it was a success, which is bs.

Blatant greed is what it’s all about, and It’s what the NFL will always do, see what they can get away with until the sh!t hits the fan instead of being proactive. But this season in my opinion could never be deemed a success, even if it has ratings and it finishes. It was a joke of a season due to a league that refused to adapt.

Even in a capitalist sense, I still think they really screwed this. Trying to get as much money as possible while they could without regard for your product, players/coaches, or fans is something I just don’t find feasible in the long-run.

We just had a game played today with no available quarterback at all, it was a terrible product, but kind of proves what the NFL is willing to do to just say they had a season, therefore it was a success, which is bs.

Blatant greed is what it’s all about, and It’s what the NFL will always do, see what they can get away with until the sh!t hits the fan instead of being proactive. But this season in my opinion could never be deemed a success, even if it has ratings and it finishes. It was a joke of a season due to a league that refused to adapt.
    Just because you deem it unsuccessful from your computer doesn't mean it's not.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

It's become a clown show

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

10. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Just because you deem it unsuccessful from your computer doesn't mean it's not.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
    You're more than entitled to yours. I'm of the mind that doing something poorly doesn't make it a success just cause you managed to do it. That kind of thinking is what you save for children or the disadvantaged. Not one of the most powerful organizations in the country.

You're more than entitled to yours. I'm of the mind that doing something poorly doesn't make it a success just cause you managed to do it. That kind of thinking is what you save for children or the disadvantaged. Not one of the most powerful organizations in the country.
    Once again, because you believe they are doing it poorly doesn't mean they actually are. You are once again trying to push your own opinion on others.

12. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Once again, because you believe they are doing it poorly doesn't mean they actually are. You are once again trying to push your own opinion on others.
    Thats what a forum board is brah lol.