Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

It will go away as soon as It warms up 😂

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Yup, need that herd immunity to get this over with. This masky, social distancy stuff prolongs this. Protect the vulnerable, daily testing of nursing home employees (they're the ones who are killing people, it's not NFL players).
    Wrong and this is misinformation so please stop perpetuating it.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    ya stop first.
    What is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Wrong and this is misinformation so please stop perpetuating it.
    it means you've been sheathed and masked for eight months and we're reading of "record daily numbers"...therefore, by correlation, they are not "working". As is the case with exposed frauds and shams (not ya, the supposed biological "pogrom")

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    but you've been sheathed and masked for eight months and we're reading of "record daily numbers"...therefore, it is not "working". As is the case with frauds and shams.
    Oh I see.

This tread is supposed to be a football thread so I will bring it back to that...I am starting to wonder if they might have some COVID messaging built into the game itself, in terms of adverts or airtime payed for ny the NFL. I have heard som chatter about that. It would be a great way to counterbalance the negative.

6. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

This has now happened to the Steelers twice where their games have been moved at the last minute. I’m sure they’re pissed at the league too.

The messaging on this bs. Pushing a game back 3 days does absolutely nothing. It’s not activating any players we lost. It’s just long enough for the NFL to buy time while they get a sense of the outbreak we actually have. This is a refusal to actually do anything. If more positive tests trickle out all week, what happens Sunday? Move it to Tuesday? This is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    This has now happened to the Steelers twice where their games have been moved at the last minute. I’m sure they’re pissed at the league too.

The messaging on this bs. Pushing a game back 3 days does absolutely nothing. It’s not activating any players we lost. It’s just long enough for the NFL to buy time while they get a sense of the outbreak we actually have. This is a refusal to actually do anything. If more positive tests trickle out all week, what happens Sunday? Move it to Tuesday? This is a joke
    I doubt they play Sunday.

8. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

The NFL has done such a great job. Roger Goodell should get a Nobel peace prize. Bring on Wednesday morning football

Blog Entries

The NFL has done such a great job. Roger Goodell should get a Nobel peace prize. Bring on Wednesday morning football
    The NFL is Hell-bent on playing the full schedule. I don't blame them, with million$/billion$ at stake, it's Capitalism at it's best (or is it worst?) Hmmm, you decide... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The NFL is Hell-bent on playing the full schedule. I don't blame them, with million$/billion$ at stake, it's Capitalism at it's best (or is it worst?) Hmmm, you decide... Bc
    I'll take it. There sure are a lot of whiners who don't offer any other solutions. I'm just happy we have football during these times when nothing else is normal...

About to record and watch later - undefeated Kent St take on undefeated Buffalo in the #MAC championship

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: The NFL is a laughing stock (except its not even funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll take it. There sure are a lot of whiners who don't offer any other solutions. I'm just happy we have football during these times when nothing else is normal...

About to record and watch later - undefeated Kent St take on undefeated Buffalo in the #MAC championship
    Just in the interest of fairness to some posters, we’re allowed to be upset, we ain’t paid to offer solutions and have no power to institute any of the ideas the beautiful geniuses of this board may come up with.

I get the non-normal times blues too, we’re all glad there’s football, that’s why we’re here. So I feel that, but I’m not one to just sit back and pretend it all went just fine just cause I’m happy to have it at all (like my mothers dry-as-a-bone turkey every year)

Blog Entries

Just in the interest of fairness to some posters, we’re allowed to be upset, we ain’t paid to offer solutions and have no power to institute any of the ideas the beautiful geniuses of this board may come up with.

I get the non-normal times blues too, we’re all glad there’s football, that’s why we’re here. So I feel that, but I’m not one to just sit back and pretend it all went just fine just cause I’m happy to have it at all (like my mothers dry-as-a-bone turkey every year)
    What are you upset for? I have friends who are die-hard baseball fans (mostly Yankees and Mets), who were virtually heart-broken at the way the 2020 season played out. Most regular season games, and their tickets, were canceled. We football fans, although there have been "adjustments" to the NFL schedule, have been blessed to see pro football every week under these difficult circumstances.

I'd add that this "we ain’t paid to offer solutions and have no power to institute any of the ideas the beautiful geniuses of this board may come up with" is pretty snarky. So, what's your solution?

I'll send you my wife's cousin's wife's turkey recipe, along with her delicious, moist stuffing too... Bc