Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: Dobbins and Ingram tested positive for Covid

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Who is snacks?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero reports (via Twitter) that both the Packers and Ravens tried to sign “Snacks.” Since Seattle could no longer elevate the veteran, they decided to protect him and offered a spot on their active roster. Harrison, a former All-Pro nose tackle, hooked on with Seattle’s practice squad in October. After taking some time to get back into playing shape, Snacks is ready to be a contributor on clear running downs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

2. Re: Dobbins and Ingram tested positive for Covid

Might be a blessing in disguise for Roman to start spreading the offense out and getting the WRs involved.

3. Re: Dobbins and Ingram tested positive for Covid

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Is there ANYTHING over the last 3 weeks that makes you think that this team can beat ANYONE in the playoffs?!
    Sure. Just this last week the Ravens lose to the Titans in OT. In the playoffs, the Ravens play a tiny bit better, and win. It was the Titans who knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs last year.

Last year, the Ravens made a lot of mistakes in that playoff game. INT, sack/fumble are 2 that jump out - and the Titans turned those into TDs. This recent game, it was a close game - OT, even - and it was just not the Ravens who won. In the playoffs, maybe it's the Ravens who won. Maybe the Ravens get a TD at the end of the Titans game instead of a FG, 2 shots from the Titans 10, 2 incompletions then a FG.

Additionally, all season long, or starting early in the season, I've been suggesting that the Ravens haven't been turning it up to 100% and trying to crush teams. I've been saying since then that the Ravens should be focused on winning in the playoffs. All year people have been whining because the 27-3 win over the Bengals just wasn't dominant enough, and things like that. I've been suggesting all along that the Ravens should be doing max running in the playoffs, and that they should have additional run threats out there on the field. And we've seen little evidences of that. Ricard did run. He fumbled, but, it was there. Hard to say what to do with that. Ideally, Ricard runs occasionally, and not necessarily only in short yardage situations. It's just another thing for defenses to worry about. And we see Duvernay run an end around (end, that's a potential 5th rushing option) for 42 yards. So, in the playoffs, the Ravens have a bunch of things that they could be doing a lot more of. And my thinking is that they could certainly win in the playoffs if they're doing those additional run threat things, especially since the teams they lost to, they could've beaten in the regular season.

The Ravens also beat the Colts. It's pretty likely at this point that the Steelers and Chiefs are going to get the 1 and 2 seeds, one of those 2 teams gets a first round bye. The Ravens I'm guessing will get the 5 or 6 seed, and will probably play either AFC East - Bills probably or AFC South - Titans or Colts.

I can look at the Steelers game. Lamar loses a fumble with 2 minutes left. Instead of losing the fumble, Lamar runs for a TD - from the Steelers 8. Ravens win. And even with the fumble, the Ravens had the ball with 8 seconds left from the Steelers 23. Instead of 2 incompletions, Lamar throws a TD pass. Just looking at the play by play, it's pretty clear that the Ravens could've won that game, and in the playoffs, if one of those 3 plays goes different, the Ravens win.

The Colts game was a 14 point win.

So, looking at 3 games, against 3 teams the Ravens could be seeing in the playoffs, they did win one handily, lost one in OT, and had 2 different drives where they could've won. I see no reason why they couldn't win those games in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Sure. Just this last week the Ravens lose to the Titans in OT. In the playoffs, the Ravens play a tiny bit better, and win. It was the Titans who knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs last year.

Last year, the Ravens made a lot of mistakes in that playoff game. INT, sack/fumble are 2 that jump out - and the Titans turned those into TDs. This recent game, it was a close game - OT, even - and it was just not the Ravens who won. In the playoffs, maybe it's the Ravens who won. Maybe the Ravens get a TD at the end of the Titans game instead of a FG, 2 shots from the Titans 10, 2 incompletions then a FG.

Additionally, all season long, or starting early in the season, I've been suggesting that the Ravens haven't been turning it up to 100% and trying to crush teams. I've been saying since then that the Ravens should be focused on winning in the playoffs. All year people have been whining because the 27-3 win over the Bengals just wasn't dominant enough, and things like that. I've been suggesting all along that the Ravens should be doing max running in the playoffs, and that they should have additional run threats out there on the field. And we've seen little evidences of that. Ricard did run. He fumbled, but, it was there. Hard to say what to do with that. Ideally, Ricard runs occasionally, and not necessarily only in short yardage situations. It's just another thing for defenses to worry about. And we see Duvernay run an end around (end, that's a potential 5th rushing option) for 42 yards. So, in the playoffs, the Ravens have a bunch of things that they could be doing a lot more of. And my thinking is that they could certainly win in the playoffs if they're doing those additional run threat things, especially since the teams they lost to, they could've beaten in the regular season.

The Ravens also beat the Colts. It's pretty likely at this point that the Steelers and Chiefs are going to get the 1 and 2 seeds, one of those 2 teams gets a first round bye. The Ravens I'm guessing will get the 5 or 6 seed, and will probably play either AFC East - Bills probably or AFC South - Titans or Colts.

I can look at the Steelers game. Lamar loses a fumble with 2 minutes left. Instead of losing the fumble, Lamar runs for a TD - from the Steelers 8. Ravens win. And even with the fumble, the Ravens had the ball with 8 seconds left from the Steelers 23. Instead of 2 incompletions, Lamar throws a TD pass. Just looking at the play by play, it's pretty clear that the Ravens could've won that game, and in the playoffs, if one of those 3 plays goes different, the Ravens win.

The Colts game was a 14 point win.

So, looking at 3 games, against 3 teams the Ravens could be seeing in the playoffs, they did win one handily, lost one in OT, and had 2 different drives where they could've won. I see no reason why they couldn't win those games in the playoffs.
    If they didn't play well enough to win those games in the regular season, why do you think they will all of a sudden, stop making mistakes, execute better or adjust offensively?

If they didn't play well enough to win those games in the regular season, why do you think they will all of a sudden, stop making mistakes, execute better or adjust offensively?
    Because any fucking given Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Is there ANYTHING over the last 3 weeks that makes you think that this team can beat ANYONE in the playoffs?!
    I recall saying that same thing and the Flacco led Ravens countless times over the years and we always managed to win 1 or 2. One year we even won it all. How they played yesterday doesn't matter any more. How they play tomorrow is all that matters and that story isn't written yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Mike Garafolo
    @MikeGarafolo
    ·
    2m
    The league is working to keep everything on track. We’ll see what comes of the next day or so.
    Quote Tweet
    Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    · 3m
    The NFL says Thursday night’s #Ravens-#Steelers game is on:

“We will continue to monitor developments in consultation with our medical experts. Our foremost concern is the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel. There’s no change to the status of the game”

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...98420590571524

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

Work is ongoing to confirm multiple new positive COVID-19 tests overnight among #Ravens players and staff and determine whether they’re connected or product of unrelated community spread, I’m told. As of now team plans to travel Wednesday and game on Thursday night in Pittsburgh.

Lol. The Titans were getting positive tests for days and days when they had their outbreak. They going to have each player travel in a separate plane tomorrow?

Bordering on the absurd at this point.