Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Multiple Ravens Positive COVID

Jeff Zrebiec Retweeted
    Sports + Aviation
    @SportsAviation
    ·
    10h
    We can confirm this. Second flight will be GTI8197 tomorrow, in addition to GTI8086.
    Quote Tweet
    Kevin Gfeller
    @kevingfeller
    · 10h
    The Ravens will be taking two separate planes (1 B767 and 1 B747) as opposed to one B747 for Thursday’s game against the Steelers due to COVID-19 protocols, per source.

Ravens are dealing with at least 10 positive COVID-19 cases.

@AdamSchefter @RapSheet @SportsAviation

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    24m
    While the #Ravens deal with positive COVID-19 tests for some staff members and players, one option being considered is for the team to fly out day-of-game on Thursday. It’s a short flight and a night game. Not ideal, but not unprecedented, either.

Blog Entries

geez, logistics nightmare. Any word on Calais? If he can go I will feel a lot better

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Derek Wolfe

@Derek_Wolfe95

“Player safety”

what a joke

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    geez, logistics nightmare. Any word on Calais? If he can go I will feel a lot better
    That would make me feel better too. I am especially worried about the Dline because Wolfe was listed as DNP (illness) yesterday which worries me that he could be one of the COVID positives (to be clear, I have ZERO info on that...it is pure speculation on my part)

But, if Campbell and Wolfe were out, that would leave us with a Dline "rotation" of:

Madubuike, Ellis, Washington, and Crawford (currently on practice squad) with emergency fill-ins of Ward (who may have to play more OLB with McPhee out) and I guess Ricard if they were desperate (although it sounds like he hasn't been practicing there for at least most of the year)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Derek Wolfe

@Derek_Wolfe95

“Player safety”

what a joke

Not wrong!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"It's complex." Uhhhh yeah ok

"On the Ravens' situation, it's complex. Yes, more positive test results this morning or tomorrow could prompt postponement of the game. But not necessarily. Remember, practice squads are 16 players this year and you can promote from practice squad up to 90 mins before kickoff."

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/...80679080079361
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    "It's complex." Uhhhh yeah ok

"On the Ravens' situation, it's complex. Yes, more positive test results this morning or tomorrow could prompt postponement of the game. But not necessarily. Remember, practice squads are 16 players this year and you can promote from practice squad up to 90 mins before kickoff."

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/...80679080079361
    The problem is if players are testing positive every day, that likely means that other players have been exposed and will be passing the virus on to others. Often times the virus is not detected until several days after exposure. If no more positives, it means a higher likelihood that the outbreak is contained. Continued positive tests mean the outbreak probably is not contained and if you send all the Ravens on a plane (or 2 planes) to Pittsburgh, then play the Steelers, it could lead to a bigger outbreak on the Ravens and potentially on the Steelers.

As Zrebiec mentioned yesterday, it takes 2 positives to be a confirmed positive (and rule out a false positive). THat's why we heard their were multiple positives yesterday but only McPhee went on COVID list. If players that tested positive yesterday again test positive today, they will be put on COVID list. If additional player(s) test positive today (that tested negative yesterday), that would mean there is potentially continued spread.

Why don't they all get in their giant SUVs and drive there separately? This situation couldn't be any more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    The problem is if players are testing positive every day, that likely means that other players have been exposed and will be passing the virus on to others. Often times the virus is not detected until several days after exposure. If no more positives, it means a higher likelihood that the outbreak is contained. Continued positive tests mean the outbreak probably is not contained and if you send all the Ravens on a plane (or 2 planes) to Pittsburgh, then play the Steelers, it could lead to a bigger outbreak on the Ravens and potentially on the Steelers.

As Zrebiec mentioned yesterday, it takes 2 positives to be a confirmed positive (and rule out a false positive). THat's why we heard their were multiple positives yesterday but only McPhee went on COVID list. If players that tested positive yesterday again test positive today, they will be put on COVID list. If additional player(s) test positive today (that tested negative yesterday), that would mean there is potentially continued spread.
    Of course it's not complex. It's a public health/safety issue and clearly the NFL has no regard for these issues - whether it concerns Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

Hey we can call up our whole practice squad so go fly out there and suit up! As Wolfe says, it's a joke.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

And nothing from the players union .

The NFL covered themselves and the claim that they care about player safety by giving players the opportunity to opt out of the potential shit show before the season started. Now that the season is in full swing the NFL owns their asses and is interested only in he bottom line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The NFL covered themselves and the claim that they care about player safety by giving players the opportunity to opt out of the potential shit show before the season started. Now that the season is in full swing the NFL owns their asses and is interested only in he bottom line.
    Yeah, it’s hard for the Player’s Union to argue this when the players each had an individual chance to opt out before the season started. They too played a role in making this bed.

It almost comes off as, ‘How can you mock the league’s care about player safety when you don’t even care about your own?’