Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Multiple Ravens Positive COVID

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    ...But I do think that, in the absence of covid, the Ravens should be rolling out new run wrinkles in the playoffs.
    Cue the Jim Mora “Playoffs!?” tape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This was reported by NFL Network and NFL.com's Tom Pelissero.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    · Nov 25
    The #Ravens disciplined a strength and conditioning coach for not reporting symptoms and not consistently wearing a mask or tracking device, which may have contributed to the team's rash of COVID-19 cases, per sources.
    Would be curious to know what the “discipline” is or will be? I’m not usually an advocate of throwing people under the bus, but this outbreak will cost the people and organizations affected hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    Would be curious to know what the “discipline” is or will be? I’m not usually an advocate of throwing people under the bus, but this outbreak will cost the people and organizations affected hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Suspended as of now. Would guess it could lead to fired depending on league investigation you know will be coming

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    23h
    Staff member currently suspended by team is head strength and conditioning coach Steve Saunders, according to sources familiar with situation but not authorized to speak publicly. He’s in his fifth year with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    And now McPhee's back up, Jihad Ward's name revealed as one of the three.
    Who, besides Lamar, will definitely not be available Tuesday?

5. Re: Multiple Ravens Positive COVID

Well, now it looks like the new run wrinkles might have to be used in the regular season to win games they would've won without the new run wrinkles.

What is Duvernay's yards per carry this year? He has 1 carry of 42 yards, one carry for -1, a ypc of 20.5. I would think that doing that a lot would be a good idea, 42 yard runs half the time, I'd want that.

A run between the tackles isn't a trick play. And an end around or any type of outside run isn't a trick play either. Do that more. When you need to win. And you need to win in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Suspended as of now. Would guess it could lead to fired depending on league investigation you know will be coming

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    23h
    Staff member currently suspended by team is head strength and conditioning coach Steve Saunders, according to sources familiar with situation but not authorized to speak publicly. He’s in his fifth year with the team.
    Fire his ass!

Indeed, I just hope we can win a game.

8. Re: Multiple Ravens Positive COVID

The Ravens are down 18 with covid this week. In addition to 2 others, so out 20.

Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like the defensive line is going to be very light this week. That's going to be difficult.

Here's a piece of information about Jake Rodgers, who I never heard of, and didn't realize the Ravens got.

High School - "He was a three-year letterwinner in football, and played as a tight end and defensive end, and also was a kicker and punter for head coach Mark Hester. He also lettered three times in basketball and participated in baseball."

Ok, this random guy seemed like a versatile athlete in hs (I'm thinking he might be a good blocking TE?) but for this game, the Ravens might need size on the Dline. It seems like the Ravens have 2 players to play 3 positions. And these are not players who typically play the whole game.

The Oline is down to 6, I think? But that's ok, because you need 5, those 5 plan to play the whole game. A DL like Ellis is probably not playing even half the game. Maybe the Ravens use this Rodgers guy to just be heavy enough to not get blown off the ball. The Steelers have Connor out, but it seems to me that if the Steelers want to just run , there won't be dline with enough size to keep the Steelers from creating big holes. It's possible this guy could help. Any of the oline could possibly help.

I would anticipate that the Ravens don't bring in oliners to play DT. So the Ravens are going to be very small, with a lot of dbs and lbs out there. They could innovate, and it's possible that this innovation could be very difficult to defend. Don't rush. Put everyone in coverage.

It seems like they could prepare a "superlight" defense, because that's what they have. It seems like a lot of work for a game most thought the Ravens would lose anyway, though.

covid out - Dline

Campbell, Ferguson, Madubuike, McPhee, Ward, Washington, Williams

still available - Dline

Ellis, Wolfe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Indeed, I just hope we can win a game.
    Are you kidding me?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...t-for-week-12/

star tight end Mark Andrews has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss Tuesday's matchup with Pittsburgh
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Andrews is worrying. I hope he comes through it OK.

Someone needs to create a spreadsheet of who tested positive and when they can play again I am starting to lose count.