Is it better to lose this way, or that way?

I was just looking at a thread that referenced how "entertaining" the Ravens are or have been.

I feel like yesterday's loss to the Titans looks pretty similar to every other Ravens loss. Feels like you can tell in the first quarter-&-a-half whether the Ravens have "it" today. When they lose it's like they get slowly strangled, the way a boa constrictor squeezes the life out of you. The offense fails to score TDs. The defense fails to get stops. Time drips away. Eventually it's over.
    (We also win games that way not infrequently. Like the whole second half of 2018.)

By contrast, the Raiders lost vs the Chiefs last night, in a game that had 4 lead changes in the 4th quarter, including 3 TDs in the final 6 mins, as it see-sawed back and forth. Great highs and lows, late.

Question:

Would we be happier if we were losing games THAT way, instead? Shoot-outs and see-saws? It would be exciting.

Re: Is it better to lose this way, or that way?

I hate seeing leads evaporate I’d rather watch a back and forth game instead of a tale of two halves where the other team figures it out after halftime and the Ravens don’t, and ultimately lose slowly. Those games drive me crazy.

Blog Entries

Not sure it matters but if I am watching two other teams (not Ravens) then yes I love those back/forth high scoring affairs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That was a fun game but at no point did I think the Raiders could win unless they scored with zeroes on the clock.

Blog Entries

Maybe a reference to my post in that thread, not sure. But anyway, I'd take the entertaining loss 10x out of 10. At least you've gotten some entertainment for your time then. Better that than a 14-13 loss where every play was like pulling teeth.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52