Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Has Harbaugh lost the dressing room?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Yesterday was the first time I've seen Lamar look defeated during his time in Baltimore. Ravens need to show up Thursday and play a competitive game even if they lose. If the game ends up being 28-3 Steelers at halftime, then the players might quit the remainder of the schedule.

Harbaugh's job is safe, but the one thing that could put it on the line is a 2007 like collapse from the team. If Roman has anything in his bag of tricks this week is the time to use it.
    I said it in another thread...this team is MUCH better than that 2007 team was. That one was decimated on the DB side and had no QB.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Harbaugh isn't getting fired either way though. Like Desert said unless they totally collapse, which I guess is a possibility if they quit on him, they are probably going to finish 10-6 at worst just by virtue of being that much more talented than the Cowboys, Jets, Giants, and Bengals.
    I mean it’s not impossible but they would have to start mailing it in against the Jags or someone terrible. Billick being the 1 in Miami’s 1-15 season pretty much sealed his fate. If a team isn’t that good it’s one thing, but if they quit on you it’s hard to come back from that. It’s easier to replace a HC than it is the players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I mean it’s not impossible but they would have to start mailing it in against the Jags or someone terrible. Billick being the 1 in Miami’s 1-15 season pretty much sealed his fate. If a team isn’t that good it’s one thing, but if they quit on you it’s hard to come back from that. It’s easier to replace a HC than it is the players.
    Being the 1 in the Jets 1-15 would probably do it...

I can't fathom that happening, though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I mean it’s not impossible but they would have to start mailing it in against the Jags or someone terrible. Billick being the 1 in Miami’s 1-15 season pretty much sealed his fate. If a team isn’t that good it’s one thing, but if they quit on you it’s hard to come back from that.
    The complete no-show at Steelers, compared with the play-their-guts-out performance vs the Imperfect Pats, was the most damning indictment for me. They didn't care to put the effort in week by week, but wanted to show up for the Bright Lights game. That said everything.

[QUOTE=Ravenswintitle;1993535]curious - are you European, Asian (Korean maybe given name)?

I'm from the Uk. New to NFL generally as only been following properly for 2 years but am totally and utterly hooked now. And that's not just because my domestic football team (Soccer to most of you on here) are god awful!

[QUOTE=BokkaByBirth;1993561]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    curious - are you European, Asian (Korean maybe given name)?

I'm from the Uk. New to NFL generally as only been following properly for 2 years but am totally and utterly hooked now. And that's not just because my domestic football team (Soccer to most of you on here) are god awful!
    That explains dressing room vs locker room

[QUOTE=WNCRavensFan;1993567]
    Quote Originally Posted by BokkaByBirth View Post

That explains dressing room vs locker room
    I'll work on my language and happy to stand corrected :)

Perhaps you are looking in the wrong direction for the answers you seek...the team may have turned on Lamar. There hasn't been the love for him at all this year, even during the fake wins. The whole season has been melancholic. No shucking and jiving, dancing, raps over Lamar from Ingram and the others. Could be some rumor or incident which came to light in their dressing room banter from the off-season. Now a strange, alleged...spat?, with Bobblewood. Lamar has been dour all season, his approach and execution as if he's distracted and distanced.

It all seemed to change after the highly energetic AB workouts...could AB be behind this?

The fact that Harbaugh and one or 2 of the coaches were out there jawing with the Titans alone without any of the players there to back them up really caught my attention. May be nothing, but I can't imagine as a player me leaving my coach out to dry like that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

No one likes losing and this season isn't that fun due to all the COVID protocols. It sucks when you aren't performing well at your job especially when you have very limited options to blow off steam due to COVID. They can't even hang out in the facility with their team like they used to due to protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The fact that Harbaugh and one or 2 of the coaches were out there jawing with the Titans alone without any of the players there to back them up really caught my attention. May be nothing, but I can't imagine as a player me leaving my coach out to dry like that.
    That was weird. Don’t remember ever seeing a HC go fight the other team by himself before. It didn’t happen quickly either he intentionally walked out to the middle of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by BokkaByBirth View Post

I'll work on my language and happy to stand corrected :)
    No biggie, welcome aboard and say hi to Leachisabeast