Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Path to playoffs discussion.

The Ravens still have a path to the playoffs even if they lose to the Steelers. That being said on Thursday night they need to right the ship. A 60 minute effort of football basics, blocking, tackling, protecting the football and keeping mistakes to a minimum will go a long way toward salvaging the season even if they end up on the wrong side of the score. Build some momentum for the remainder of the schedule.

Pretty sure that we will get hosed in terms of the penalty department so we need to be able to keep our composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    The Ravens still have a path to the playoffs even if they lose to the Steelers. That being said on Thursday night they need to right the ship. A 60 minute effort of football basics, blocking, tackling, protecting the football and keeping mistakes to a minimum will go a long way toward salvaging the season even if they end up on the wrong side of the score. Build some momentum for the remainder of the schedule.

Pretty sure that we will get hosed in terms of the penalty department so we need to be able to keep our composure.
    The way I look at it, there are 2 paths to the playoffs.

1) Go 11-5 (most likely loss would be to the Steelers but could be to someone else if they beat the Steelers) I have a hard time believing 11-5 won't get you in.

2) Go 10-6 and hope 2 of the following fade to 9-7 (or maybe 10-6 in case of Colts/Browns if Ravens get tiebreaker):
    Titans, Colts, Browns, Raiders, Dolphins

Maybe missing the playoffs right after a 14-2 season will direct attention to where it most belongs, on the coaching staff and front office.

Path to playoffs

1. Run the table and go 11-5. Very confident 11-5 gets in
    2. 10-6. Gets dicey. Realistically, need 3 of 5 scenarios below to happen.

What Ravens need to get in at 10-6: need 3 of the following to happen (ranked from what I think is most likely to least likely

1. NE loses at least 1 game (@LAC, @LAR, @Miami, vs Buffalo, vs NYJ——likely will happen but unfortunately can’t count them out until eliminated

2. Las Vegas loses 2 more games (@NYJ, v.Indy, v.LAC,v.Miami,@Denver—-Definitely could happen Indy and Miami are tough games, LAC and Denver could give them a game

3. Indy loses 2 more games (@Hous, @LV, v.Hous, @Pitt, v.Jax)—-Definitely could happen. Need Pitt to beat them (ugghh) and 1 other loss, Hous or LV could beat them

4. Miami loses 3 more games (v.Cin, v.KC, v.NE, @LV,@Buf)—-some tricky games but i think they beat Cincy + NE + 1 of LV or Buff (wk 17 so unknown if Buff will have anything to play for.

5. Cleveland loses 3 more games and Ravens win a tiebreak (@Ten, v.Balt, @NYG, @NYJ, Pitt)—-very unlikely—can’t see them losing to NYG or NYJ.

Week 13 Rooting interests:
    Root for:
    Tennessee over Cleveland
    San Fran over Buffalo
    Cincy over Miami (unlikely)
    Houston over Indy
    NY Jets over Vegas (unlikely)
    LAC over New Eng

The only path is to WIN out - it is all that the Ravens can control.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The only path is to WIN out - it is all that the Ravens can control.
    Are you confident in that happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Are you confident in that happening?

If I am not, I can't call myself a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    If I am not, I can't call myself a fan.
    Just because we are real with ourselves and what we see doesn’t take away froM us as fans. I want them to win the whole thing but with that said my confidence level isn’t very high with the product we’ve seen up until this point.

Blog Entries

Y’all still holding out hope huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Y’all still holding out hope huh?
    For real....

Damn right I'm gonna hold out hope. I hate tanking.

I believe the Ravens can still lose one more game and go 10-6 and make the playoffs, but they absolutely have to beat the Browns. They do that, they have the head-to head tiebreaker 2-0. They'll also likely need to beat the Bengals to get their division record to 4-2.

If they can't beat the Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants and Bengals there's not much else to say anyway. But mathematically they can probably lose to the Cowboys or Giants and still get in.

If they don't beat the Browns in two weeks, I doubt the final three weeks will matter.

Its definitely do able!

I will say this certainly doesn't look like a playoff team, even when fully healthy the chemistry and synchronicity with this team was just attrocious. The eye ball test isn't everything though.

Quick question, and this is important. What does this team do really well? What can this team pride itself on? What's this teams identity?

Unfortunately the answer to that is: a one dimensional offense that has no OL and turns the ball over, and a defense that is still good but has been getting tired and banged up lately. Oh, not to forget all of the penalties (both deserved and undeserved)

That's a bad identity to take into the playoffs. Just putting that out there, not trying to be a hater or anything.