Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Path to playoffs discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Of course people can be negative and who can blame them seeing the current Ravens performances? However, it's one thing to speak the obvious and another to give up like the French army. "Oh I'd rather lose and get better draft position OR I'd rather not make the playoffs and go one-and-done, etc." Me, I'd fight for my last breath to eke (or sneak) into the playoffs then let the chips fall where they may. To Hell with the draft choice, or the disappointment of a 3rd straight playoff loss, I wanna see our Ravens playing in January! Then guys and gals, who knows... Bc
    Amen. Feel exactly the same way. That’s what true fans always hope for! Fight until the very end!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Amen. Feel exactly the same way. That’s what true fans always hope for! Fight until the very end!
    and even if they lose on Thursday the schedule is favorable and they get some guys back - they could go on a run and I think they will.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3. Re: Path to playoffs discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Beat 1 of PGH or CLE
    Sweep the rest
    Go into the playoffs with momentum
    That seems quite likely to happen. The Ravens should win 4 of the 5 games fairly easily, and the Ravens should be able to give it their all against the Browns and win there.

The narrative last year was we got hot too early. Could that be Pittsburgh this year? Obviously there is plenty of obstacles to overcome. Last superbowl year we had a poor stretch during regular season and lost all hope. Limped into the playoffs and that's when the magic happened. Honestly it kinda feels good being the underdog again. Not saying it's preferred but Ravens have always played best when they were doubted. Hopefully these close losses have caused them to wake up. It's better to lose a few close ones in the regular season as opposed to the playoffs.

A win is so much sweeter when you are the underdog and earn bragging rights especially in rivalry games such as the Steelers. Let's shut them up in their house and start this year's magic. It would be such a great confidence boost for this team to beat the Steelers.

Btw how sweet would it be to face the titans, steelers, and cheifs for revenge in the playoffs. Thats how I would want it to play out.

Maybe if the standings this year shakes out right we can get our revenge on the Pats on that Thursday night home opener too.

I know too much optimism right? So what!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    The narrative last year was we got hot too early. Could that be Pittsburgh this year? Obviously there is plenty of obstacles to overcome. Last superbowl year we had a poor stretch during regular season and lost all hope. Limped into the playoffs and that's when the magic happened. Honestly it kinda feels good being the underdog again. Not saying it's preferred but Ravens have always played best when they were doubted. Hopefully these close losses have caused them to wake up. It's better to lose a few close ones in the regular season as opposed to the playoffs.

A win is so much sweeter when you are the underdog and earn bragging rights especially in rivalry games such as the Steelers. Let's shut them up in their house and start this year's magic. It would be such a great confidence boost for this team to beat the Steelers.

Btw how sweet would it be to face the titans, steelers, and cheifs for revenge in the playoffs. Thats how I would want it to play out.

Maybe if the standings this year shakes out right we can get our revenge on the Pats on that Thursday night home opener too.

I know too much optimism right? So what!
    What prescription are you taking? I am going to see if I can get the same script.

Blog Entries

NFL Playoff Picture: AFC :

1. Steelers (10-0) One-game lead for home-field advantage.

2. Chiefs (9-1) Three-game lead in the AFC West.

3. Bills (7-3) One-game lead in the AFC East.

4. Colts (7-3) Owns head-to-head tiebreaker over Titans in AFC South.

5. Titans (7-3) First among the wild card teams.

6. Browns (7-3) Closing in on a return to the playoffs.

7. Raiders (6-4) Owns tiebreaker over Ravens and Dolphins thanks to better conference record.

8. Ravens (6-4) Owns tiebreaker over Dolphins based on strength of victory.

Looks like we'll have to beat the Browns in a "must game" come December 14th.
    Who wudda thunk it just one month ago... Bc

Browns still have to play the Tits, Steelers still have the bills and KC is only 1 game back for the #1 seed. So if the Bills can somehow beat Pittsburgh, week 17 matchup Browns v. Steelers will have seeding implications for Pittsburgh.

The Browns game is very close to a must win. But there are scenarios out there.

Related: The best hope is for Titans to get the AFC South b/c the Ravens will have the H2H tiebreaker against the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    NFL Playoff Picture: AFC :

1. Steelers (10-0) One-game lead for home-field advantage.

2. Chiefs (9-1) Three-game lead in the AFC West.

3. Bills (7-3) One-game lead in the AFC East.

4. Colts (7-3) Owns head-to-head tiebreaker over Titans in AFC South.

5. Titans (7-3) First among the wild card teams.

6. Browns (7-3) Closing in on a return to the playoffs.

7. Raiders (6-4) Owns tiebreaker over Ravens and Dolphins thanks to better conference record.

8. Ravens (6-4) Owns tiebreaker over Dolphins based on strength of victory.

Looks like we'll have to beat the Browns in a "must game" come December 14th.
    Who wudda thunk it just one month ago... Bc
    While Ravens CURRENTLY hold tiebreak over Dolphins, I don't think that will be the case if we are tied at the end. Dolphins lost to Seattle (NFC team). Only way Dolphins wouldn't hold tiebreak over Ravens is if Ravens lose to Cowboys or Giants. Otherwise, ALL Baltimore's losses will be to AFC teams and Miami would win tiebreak on conference record.

So, most likely, here is the Ravens tiebreak situation:
    1) We have 2 team head-to-head tiebreak with Indy
    2) We CAN earn tiebreak over Cleveland in the following ways:
    a) Beat Cleveland a 2nd time for season sweep
    b) Division record-Ravens beat Steelers and Bengals for 4-2 mark in division, Clev loses to Pitt to go 3-3 in division.
    c) Tie for division record (at 4-2 if Ravens beat Steelers+Bengals and Clev beats Pitt) (at 3-3 if Ravens win 1 of 2 vs. PItt/Cincy and Browns lose to Pitt)....then goes to "common games" --Ravens in good shape there...Ravens lost both "uncommon games" (Chiefs, Patriots), Browns lost 1st "uncommon game" to LV, BUT 2nd "uncommon game" is the Jets. (which I don't see them losing)---I guess if they did it could go to next tiebreak which I will save discussion for that if it becomes necessary

3) Lose h2h vs. Tenn
    4) LV most likely wins on conference record
    5) Miami most likely wins on conference record

Bottom line: Tiebreaks are not our friend. CLEVELAND game is huge, especially since ties within the division are broken first.

I think this Pitt games would be a huge moral boost if they win.

I agree the Cleveland game will be a must-win no matter what happens Thursday night.

More ravens have tested positive. If it involves some of our key players like Lamar next two games could easily be in the L column.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    More ravens have tested positive. If it involves some of our key players like Lamar next two games could easily be in the L column.
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see who the positives are. I think Ravens needto find a way to win 1 of the next 2. Obviously, they have a much better chance of winning the Cowboys game even if shorthanded. I think it will take a minimum of 10-6 to get in, which would mean running the table the rest of the way if they lose the next 2, AND doing some scoreboard watching.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see who the positives are. I think Ravens needto find a way to win 1 of the next 2. Obviously, they have a much better chance of winning the Cowboys game even if shorthanded. I think it will take a minimum of 10-6 to get in, which would mean running the table the rest of the way if they lose the next 2, AND doing some scoreboard watching.
    They damn sure had better not lose to the Cowboys...