Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar needs some help on the outside

I’m just glad that I made it out of the stadium. Lol. I came in at, what is it, Hamburg street (The last Light stop before it passes the stadium). So when it was time to leave, I’m thinking, “I know the exact way to go to get back to Hamburg Street.

I ended up at the damned Johnny Unitas Statue! Lol. I said “This is some bullshit!” Thankfully, I remembered which way to go, but I knew that getting on at Camden Yards a light rail or two would go past since it’d be full which happened of course. Plus, there was some foolishness going on downtown. Cops everywhere. So I think I texted some friends to just have them talk to me until the light rail came.

The main reason I went is, because since my head injury and so forth, I hadn’t been to a game with my father and had to tell him I couldn’t go. One thing I learned that’s very true is, people are trained to recognize injury by what they see. So, a lot of times, when they can’t see it, they often underestimate the severity of it. So, if someone sees me, I look fine, sound fine. To them it’s like, “Why can’t he go to a game”. They just don’t get it. A part of them wants to, but subconsciously they’re more focused on their fear or comfort. So, ‘he looks fine, sounds fine, acts fine, so he must be fine and he should be able to do this, this and that’. They become fixated on that. The old man meant well and actually handled it very well for a while, even though he missed us going to games (Ravens and Orioles). But then he comes in at Christmas and he’s got a ticket to the playoff game. So now I’m like, Damn, I know he kicked out for that ticket and he’s a cheap bastard too, so I know it’d hurt him if I didn’t go. Thankfully, my Doctors and team gave me the okay to give it a try. I actually was going to strong arm my old man into going with me, but he’s stubborn and didn’t want to fork out the money again. So then I said well if they win, this may be our last chance to see a Conference Championship together since the Ravens have never hosted one. I even threatened to max out my credit card to get the tickets. Which he did not want me to do. That’s when we reached the compromise that he would reimburse me for a sizable portion of his ticket, if we got to the AFC Championship and it was played here (We might have travelled to KC, but that was doubtful).

Well, needless to say, about fifteen minutes into the game, it was clear that wasn’t gonna happen. So I texted him and said, ‘Looks like you’re off the hook’.

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar needs some help on the outside

Lamar no doubt would benefit from an upgrade from the outside receivers.

But IF that upgrade happens it won't be until the offseason.

So I want to focus on how this current passing game can improve on the outside.

(1) the offense has to try
    right now teams are literally giving up the outside the numbers routes ~7 yard or less completely uncontested and this offense does very little to take those free yards. There's on old west coast offense saying that outside routes like comebacks and outs are given they're not taken. And right now the defenses are giving them....Harbs, Roman, Culley, Urban and Lamar + receiver need to accept the gift

(2) Lamar + receivers need to 'win' on the outside when given they have the opportunity
    -Lamar needs to be on time and accurate with his throws and the WRs need to get open/separate

I hope the passing game staff show more patience then the fanbase when it comes to developing an outside passing game.
    There will be misses. The throw to Duverany was a failed outside vertical throw. But its okay! They have to take their shots and if they had taken more shots thus far there would be more confident in those throws. Lamar isn't going to hit all his outside and vertical throws and the receivers aren't always going to get open or make every play. But they have to keep trying!
    Look at how many failed plays AJ Brown had...dropped a vertical shot early that caused a PI, dropped an outside throw near the sideline where he got one hand on the ball and dropped another on a low (deep) throw over the middle. But they kept shooting and he made some plays down the stretch.

(3) consolidate the targets - I don't know why a low volume passing offense also shuffles so many receivers in and out?
    I don't care who the players are but choose a couple/3 and give those players targets!

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    The next deep out to a WR that Lamar completes.... will be his first...
    I've been thinking about this.....and I can recall 1 from Lamar. There was another failed near the deep out near the (L) sideline in the redzone.
    There was one completed deep comeback but it was thrown by Koch.
    There was also a failed comeback route on (L) sideline in the Washington game that resulted in an interception.
    Then there was recent scramble drilled sideline comeback incomplete on a low throw that a difficult catch drop from the Titans game.
    And there have been also been at least a couple open non-targets.
    There have also been 2 mid-range speed outs.
    One complete and one failed.
    But that's all I can recall.....maybe there were more...i try to keep a close eye on these routes (and having many of them in gif) but these are the ones I can recall from memory. Its sad that there have been so few of these attempts that I can recall them from memory.
    Last edited by edromeo; 11-25-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said