Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar needs some help on the outside

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I swear no one is a bigger board legend than Hayden effing Hurst which is hilarious considering how pissed everyone was when he was picked.
    Everyone except..........

Blog Entries

I think that I can safely speak for my brethren HbgRavensFan, when I say that what annoys us the most is that, we always knew we’d end up here. Even through the greatness of last season, when poster after poster tried to convince us that we were in a state of madness for not wanting Roman to get an extension. We knew, unfortunately, that we’d end up here again.

The offense in general needs help. Lamar, being the QB will be the focal point of both praise and criticism. But let's be real people, there are 11 men on offense. We can reliably count on Mark Andrews, Dobbins, and...................................yeah that's it. Lamar will get better as the offense gets better (assuming the offense gets better this next offseason). We need 2 new guys on the interior line, and we need to get a new WR who can actually get shit done.

If the offense looked like this:
    WR: New guy, Bryant, Snead
    TE: Andrews, Boyle
    OL: Stanley - New guy - New guy - Phillips/whoever - OBJ
    RB: Dobbins, Edwards
    QB: LJ

That's an offense that I can live with. LJ would be protected and have time and good snaps, the RB's will have holes to run though, and the WR's are vet enough and sneaky enough to get open and make catches. Hopefully New WR guy is an alpha that we can count on to get 100+ a game. Injuries, coaching, chemistry......It's all shit right now. Try not to figure out the calculus that is the problem with our offense this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Lol I have never once said that what!?!?!? I’m a huge Lamar guy lmfao.

And no, Hurst is a decent blocker and decent catcher. He is a decent TE. At best.
    Ok, Hurst is decent and not great. Thats not really the point, our 3rd and "decent" TE was an important component.

My bad if not, i thought you were the guy that writes novels about running QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    The offense in general needs help. Lamar, being the QB will be the focal point of both praise and criticism. But let's be real people, there are 11 men on offense. We can reliably count on Mark Andrews, Dobbins, and...................................yeah that's it. Lamar will get better as the offense gets better (assuming the offense gets better this next offseason). We need 2 new guys on the interior line, and we need to get a new WR who can actually get shit done.

If the offense looked like this:
    WR: New guy, Bryant, Snead
    TE: Andrews, Boyle
    OL: Stanley - New guy - New guy - Phillips/whoever - OBJ
    RB: Dobbins, Edwards
    QB: LJ

That's an offense that I can live with. LJ would be protected and have time and good snaps, the RB's will have holes to run though, and the WR's are vet enough and sneaky enough to get open and make catches. Hopefully New WR guy is an alpha that we can count on to get 100+ a game. Injuries, coaching, chemistry......It's all shit right now. Try not to figure out the calculus that is the problem with our offense this season.
    Bozeman is not bad here powers isnt either

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Ok, Hurst is decent and not great. Thats not really the point, our 3rd and "decent" TE was an important component.

My bad if not, i thought you were the guy that writes novels about running QBs.
    That is John Regular or whatever his name is.

I do agree that they completely whiffed by not even attempting to acquire a replacement for Hurst. Even if it was a good WR or something, anything would have been something.

7. Re: Lamar needs some help on the outside

Well when all you need is a 6'2, 210 pound DB to jam him at the line pretty easy to take out Hollywood. He was always at best a slot receiver, use him like that and he could be a stud. As for Boykin two targets in the last three games one way over thrown. I am not ready to give up on him but he needs opportunities to show if he is good or not. Claypool would look like crap with them numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ARob
    Said it last week, you'd need to show him GRo's contract termination for him to even contemplate signing with the Ravens.
    Other than that, yeah, as good as this year's Draft could be for WRs, Lamar needs an experienced guy with a my ball mentality.

Just going to be hard to get over as a fan the wide receivers the ravens passed on in that draft to pick Bollywood. Metcalf and Brown are the obvious ones that were at least in the conversation to be the first wideout drafted, but McLaurin is simply amazing when you consider the quarterbacks he has to deal with, and while surrounded by a talented offense Diontae Johnson always seems to pop on the screen anytime you watch the steelers. Any of the 4 on the Ravens drastically changes the trajectory of our team regardless of coach or qb in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Bozeman is not bad here powers isnt either

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, if bozeman or powers is your fourth or fifth best offensive lineman, you probably are looking at a very good offensive line. This is assuming a significant upgrade at center or phillips makes a big step forward.

Lamar will have to start throwing darts again before any top notch free agent would even consider coming here.
    C'mon, what WR in their right mind would want to come and play in Greg Roman's offense? Lamar's accuracy issues on certain throws isn't a selling point either.

[QUOTE=Desert Raven;1992778]He needs better receivers we’re still talking about the same thing we always do.[/QUOTuE]

Then stop reading!