Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The Mis-Mark of the first down by the referee with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    It's actually pretty interesting digging into this.

The Ravens have drawn 2 defensive holdings and not a single illegal contact or DPI.

BY comparison, the Ravens have been flagged for 4 Defensive Holdings; 2 Illegal Contacts; and 7 DPIs.

Also the Ravens have been flagged for Roughing the Passer 5x and their opponents have 0 times.
    Goddamn, I was looking for more reasons not to watch...

Re: The Mis-Mark of the first down by the referee with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    It's actually pretty interesting digging into this.

The Ravens have drawn 2 defensive holdings and not a single illegal contact or DPI.

BY comparison, the Ravens have been flagged for 4 Defensive Holdings; 2 Illegal Contacts; and 7 DPIs.

Also the Ravens have been flagged for Roughing the Passer 5x and their opponents have 0 times.
    Andrews and Brown could have easily drawn PI on those passes in the end zone that were underthrown/thrown late if they’d aggressively gone after the ball instead of waiting for it to come to them.

The yellow line on TV is not official. I think Lamar was short, but only by about a foot. The problem with the review system in that case is that if the challenge doesn't change the spot to a first down they don't reset the ball to where it should be, but instead leave it where it was originally marked. So instead of needing a foot to go, the Ravens needed a bit more than a yard to go. That was a huge difference that was even noted by Romo at the time.

As for the lack of DPI on Ravens' WRs, pehaps it's because the Ravens don't have aggressive WRs who actually go for the ball but rather wait for the ball to come to them.

Blog Entries

Defensive Pass Interference
    Ravens 7
    Opponents 0

Defensive Holding/Illegal Contact
    Ravens 6
    Opponents 2

Roughing the Passer
    Ravens 5
    Opponents 0

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Defensive Pass Interference
    Ravens 7
    Opponents 0

Defensive Holding/Illegal Contact
    Ravens 6
    Opponents 2

Roughing the Passer
    Ravens 5
    Opponents 0
    I'm not expecting you to spend time doing this, but it would really be interesting to see when those penalties occurred and how/if they led to momentum change or key scoring drives. Not all penalties are the same, but I would almost bet most of the penalties against the Ravens had significant impact on the outcome.

That pass in the end zone to Andrews where the DB doesn't turn around could have been called. Unless they changed the rule.

More people are going to believe it's because of the mask if calls keep going against them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I'm not expecting you to spend time doing this, but it would really be interesting to see when those penalties occurred and how/if they led to momentum change or key scoring drives. Not all penalties are the same, but I would almost bet most of the penalties against the Ravens had significant impact on the outcome.
    I got that from a Filmstudy tweet - it just wouldn't let me paste the actual tweet. He probably does have this info - I will ask him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I was surprised that after Vrabel lost his temper The flag parade for didn't start on the Titans...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

You try as much as possible to take these decisions out of the refs' hands. If you need a yard, make three. The most critical play in the game was when Lamar overthrew Andrews on third down with the score 21-16. That drive gets points and we probably see a different result.

10. Re: The Mis-Mark of the first down by the referee with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    7 DPIs:
    Opp Q T D Dist Player Yards New LoS Drive
    CLE
    12:34
    Humphrey
    CLE 39
    punt
    PHI
    03:11
    Peters
    BAL 22
    TD
    PIT
    08:03
    Peters
    PIT 30
    fumble
    PIT
    10:22
    Bonds
    BAL 42
    TD
    PIT
    08:24
    Humphrey
    BAL 19
    TD
    IND
    12:34
    Clark
    BAL 1
    TD
    TEN
    13:53
    Humphrey
    BAL 40
    TD

5 RTPs:
    CLE
    11:11
    Judon
    BAL 38
    punt
    PHI
    00:04
    Ferg/Camp
    BAL 34
    missed FG
    PHI
    14:25
    Ward
    BAL 2.5
    TD
    IND
    04:42
    McPhee
    BAL 24
    FG
    TEN
    02:35
    McPhee
    BAL 26
    FG

4 holds:
    CLE
    12:40
    Humphrey
    CLE 23
    punt
    CLE
    11:47
    Young
    CLE 45
    punt
    WFT
    14:26
    Peters
    WAS 31
    punt
    WFT
    14:42
    Peters
    declined
    missed FG

2 illegal contacts:
    HOU
    00:34
    Averett
    FG
    HOU
    00:25
    Levine
    N/A
    declined
    FG
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 11-25-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)