Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Why its coaching

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Many of my friends have found better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. This year, so have I. If Ravens keep going like this, there will continue to be no fans in the stands.

Oh, is THAT why attendance is down?

Blog Entries

Coaching is a problem but is ownership going to think its a problem or is ownership going to look at the injuries and deem that the issue? Unfortunately one of these is more likely than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Spoiled fan base
    Its not being spoiled to want to be entertained when you watch the games. This team hasn't quite reached the depths of the 2015-2018 teams in terms of total lack of any entertainment value whatsoever but its heading that way.

Some of you don't care if the game ends 3-0 as long as the Ravens win and thats fine, but that's not me at this point in my life and from the sound of it that isn't a lot of us anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Oh, is THAT why attendance is down?
    That's not at all what I meant. I'm happy that I made you laugh. Attendance has been dropping for years. I know for a fact that the Ravens are very concerned about dwindling attendance. Hell...Dick Cass has personally called season ticket holders. People have been checking out for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by metro
    Many of my friends have found better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. This year, so have I. If Ravens keep going like this, there will continue to be no fans in the stands.
    Isn't that the definition of "fair weather fan?"

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Isn't that the definition of "fair weather fan?"

... Bc
    It is but even some die hards had been less enthusiastic about the team until last season.

Really don't know what people are expecting when the team is devastated by injuries. 1/2 the OL, 1/2 the DL, 3 or 4 DB's
    and Harbaugh has once again hitched his wagon to an extremely flawed bottom 1/2 of the league QB
    Flacco had his moments when he was young and courageous and would stand in and deliver the ball. Lamar had his year when the Ravens OL was dominant and the scheme was unique.
    Flacco was never able to read a defense and was inaccurate
    Lamar can't throw outside the hash marks and can't play within himself in a big game

When we bring in a new coach and/or OC do you think they are going to want to work with Lamar who can't make many of the throws that an NFL QB should be able to make?

Can someone explain to me why Justice Hill is seeing offensive snaps? He has 3 yard on the season. The coaching staff just seems to try and outsmart everyone and shoot themselves in the foot. Anyone watching that game can see that JK needs all the touches he can get. It's laughable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It is but even some die hards had been less enthusiastic about the team until last season.
    I can understand that Corey, but I NEVER abandon my team loyalty. It's this kind of intangible that makes us fans OR we do become "fair weather fans" who only root/support our team during good times. If the Ravens were ever 5 - 10, out of playoff contention, but I could watch their final game... I'd still do so. I guess I am just an all-weather fan... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 11-23-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

More shit change more it stays the same

Blog Entries

It's coaching. Even the poor execution is on the coaching. Not the Brown through-the-hands drop, but the inability to get open receivers and LJ forcing throws.

This loss was mostly on the offense. Defense stepped up for most of the game, and a sustained drive in the 4th would have sealed it. Offense couldn't deliver and the undermanned D couldn't keep it up. Wolfe, for one, clearly left it all on the field. I don't have an issue with Wink's calls, and while it's a problem Peters and Humphrey seem overly focused on forcing a big play, we cheer it when it happens.

Offensively, however, Roman has failed to develop an offensive scheme for the players he has. We've had a number of offensive gurus come through Baltimore, and most of them rest their laurels on a season or so with a group of players that fit perfectly with their scheme. Then they never manage to replicate that success with a different cast of characters.

Especially after the injuries, this offensive personnel group isn't last years. It's not on the players to fit themselves to the scheme. It's on the coach to match the scheme to the players. Roman also doesn't seem to have a feel for the game. There's no excuse for his mishandling the running backs like he has, and it's been more games than just this past Sunday. If one of those horses is hot, ride him. Don't switch it out because reasons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can understand that, but I NEVER abandon my team loyalty. It's this kind of intangible that makes us fans OR we do become "fair weather fans" who only root/support our team during good times. If the Ravens were ever 5 - 10, out of playoff contention, but I could watch their final game... I'd still do so. I guess I am just an all-weather fan... Bc
    They really didn't play that bad they had the Titans... just couldn't get that big play on offence to win the game in the 4th Quarter. The defense ran out of gas.....

The play that really pissed me off was the interception on first down.....at that point you were in a position to control the game in this idiot rolls the dice.

I really think Sean Payton would have pulled him out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I can understand that Corey, but I NEVER abandon my team loyalty. It's this kind of intangible that makes us fans OR we do become "fair weather fans" who only root/support our team during good times. If the Ravens were ever 5 - 10, out of playoff contention, but I could watch their final game... I'd still do so. I guess I am just an all-weather fan... Bc
    It's not about wins and losses for me it's about entertainment. Of course I want them to win but at this point I'd probably say I care more about being entertained by what I'm watching. I'm not 17 with unlimited time to do stuff like I was when I first got into football and would readily eat up every Kyle Boller shitfest because I still had hours to do whatever else I wanted every day.

In other words, I'm more likely to watch a 5-11 team that is entertaining in defeat than I am, for example, the 2016-2017 Joe Flacco led teams that were competitive in record but simply atrocious to watch.

Having said that I don't think this team has crossed that threshold, they are maddening at times but they aren't a chore to watch - yet.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52