Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Why its coaching

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    curious as to why you see it as Harbs being the difference in 2016 2017.. Injuries were awful that season so yeah i guess maybe. I think those teams played for Sizzle, imo.
    by the process of elimination it was not Flacco dumping it off, Marc Trestman or Marty Mornhinweg cooking up a great team, or Dean Peas playing prevent and then throwing players under the bus in the press conference. It also was not Ozzie Newsome building a team in cap trouble with Mike Wallace being the fourth highest paid player on the team.

Discipline is the main issue of the coach

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Football is entertainment. The Ravens are boring. Many of my friends have found better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. This year, so have I. If Ravens keep going like this, there will continue to be no fans in the stands.
    This 100 my dad tuned out today, my cousins and uncle as well. I turned it off in the 4th and went to red zone to see some good football.

I'm locked into tickets for next year but year after year same old offense it's getting really hard to watch them in a world where there is a lot more to do even in Covid times

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    by the process of elimination it was not Flacco dumping it off, Marc Trestman or Marty Mornhinweg cooking up a great team, or Dean Peas playing prevent and then throwing players under the bus in the press conference. It also was not Ozzie Newsome building a team in cap trouble with Mike Wallace being the fourth highest paid player on the team.
    fair enough but i still think Terrel Suggs had stepped up big time as a leader and was the heart of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    fair enough but i still think Terrel Suggs had stepped up big time as a leader and was the heart of the team.
    Absolutely Suggs became a better leader than I ever would have predicted and I give him credit when it is due. I still feel that coaching plays a role. I am not a harbs hater but I Feel it is time for him to go as well. Only Belichick does not have his message run dry and fade away. It is looking like Harbs weaknesses are catching up to him and he will not have a rookie QB explode onto the scene to save him.

Harbs is not going anywhere. He just got an extension.

He will have at least 3 more years to develop Lamar

Blog Entries

Football is entertainment. The Ravens are boring. Many of my friends have found better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. This year, so have I. If Ravens keep going like this, there will continue to be no fans in the stands.
    I haven’t watched one game this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Spoiled fan base

We need to consider what is happening with the team defensively. In all 4 losses we have been unable to get off the field. The Chiefs hit us with chunk plays. The Steelers dinked and dunked. The Patriots took advantage of injuries and very poor lb play. The titans beat us by converting first downs on third and long plays. We had pressure on Tannehill and couldn't finish. We were healthy the first two losses.

At this point I rather see him drop more guys in coverage and rush 3. We aint getting to the quarter back even on his blitzes.

Wink leaves the middle of the field open. He has played more zone this year because our linebackers are very bad in coverage.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Chuck Clark is great in coverage and Elliott can bring it but is not game speed fast. Losing Tavon Young hurt us more than we thought. If he is play

Is coaching part of the issue? Sure, but it is not all coaching. It is a combination of factors.

1. The league has adjusted to Lamar and knows he can beat you with his legs but not his arm. Look I coach high school, and spent the entire pandemic shut down watching film preparing for my season. Figuring out how to defend Lamar was at the top of every defensive coordinators priority list last spring and summer and they spent countless hours watching video. They have figured it out and now Lamar has to improve his passing.
    2. Poor front office decisions. Look at the 2019 draft and tell me that isn't a disaster.
    3. Lack of weapons for Lamar. Again on the front office.
    4. Coaches do need to bare part of the blame. But I will say this the defense is incredibly soft, and when things go bad some all but quit. There is a reason a talent like Marcus Peters is on his third team.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    We need to consider what is happening with the team defensively. In all 4 losses we have been unable to get off the field. The Chiefs hit us with chunk plays. The Steelers dinked and dunked. The Patriots took advantage of injuries and very poor lb play. The titans beat us by converting first downs on third and long plays. We had pressure on Tannehill and couldn't finish. We were healthy the first two losses.

At this point I rather see him drop more guys in coverage and rush 3. We aint getting to the quarter back even on his blitzes.

Wink leaves the middle of the field open. He has played more zone this year because our linebackers are very bad in coverage.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Chuck Clark is great in coverage and Elliott can bring it but is not game speed fast. Losing Tavon Young hurt us more than we thought. If he is play
    I haven’t seen Chuck Clark since the colts game. He’s a Jag. Elliot is a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post

100% this