Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

The Titans had 8 guys in the box the entire game and Lamar threw for under 200 yards so yeah, it's clear right now he is not making the throws to make teams pay for loading the middle.

Weren't some of you posting last week in a thread that Lamar isn't the problem. Which one is it?
    Last edited by charmcityraven; 11-22-2020 at 06:27 PM.

3. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Flacco won a SB at 28 Lamar is 23, you have to be patient with him. Flacco started 0-6 against Big Ben until 2011 when he finally beat him and started playing better individually in big games. That individual award Lamar won is a Unanimous MVP, no Ravens player has that honor other than him. There are 6 regular season games left and I would like to point out that the 2012 Ravens lost 34-17 at home against the Broncos in December and also lost to the Steelers at home with Charlie Batch at QB in December 2012. We just have to keep hanging in there as fans
    The Ravens just lost a game to a team that beat them in the playoffs last year. The game went to OT.

The Ravens have a few games left against teams that they really should beat. Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants, Bengals. Those really should be wins. So, 10 wins. And there are 2 games that could go either way. Steelers being the tougher one, Browns being the easier one. It may turn out that that Browns game is a very big one, perhaps making the difference between 11-5 and 10-6.

And the Ravens need to be prepared to win games in the playoffs. The Ravens went 14-2 last year, Lamar won the MVP, but not a single playoff win. I think the Ravens do get in the playoffs, but a playoff loss is exactly what the Ravens did last year, even with MVP Lamar and the 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    And there's the IQ again!! Dam son its a good thing the ravens don't listen to you for advice!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Wow I got 4 🤣 this time! At least you didn’t call me a racist again👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Flacco won a SB at 28 Lamar is 23, you have to be patient with him. Flacco started 0-6 against Big Ben until 2011 when he finally beat him and started playing better individually in big games. That individual award Lamar won is a Unanimous MVP, no Ravens player has that honor other than him. There are 6 regular season games left and I would like to point out that the 2012 Ravens lost 34-17 at home against the Broncos in December and also lost to the Steelers at home with Charlie Batch at QB in December 2012. We just have to keep hanging in there as fans
    At what point is Lamar’s age no longer a factor or an excuse? I’m sincerely curious about this.

[QUOTE=Desert Raven;1992454]At what point is Lamar’s age no longer a factor or an excuse? I’m sincerely curious

How old are you. Serious question

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    At what point is Lamar’s age no longer a factor or an excuse? I’m sincerely curious about this.
    And you do realize lamar has been a starter for seasons right? Were you around for flacco in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    And you do realize lamar has been a starter for seasons right? Were you around for flacco in the beginning?
    No I was too busy making finger paintings in my kindergarten class and taking naps.

Blog Entries

He's not playing well but he has nothing around him.

They have 2 years to decide what the long term plan is. It would be incredibly foolish in my eyes for them to do anything with his contract this off-season, and I don't think they will.

As long as they actually support him in the off-season with a lineman or two and a receiver, let's see how next year goes. Of course, probably more likely they sign and draft 7 more defensive players because they couldn't stop Henry again.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I dont think they should give up on him, but they should as hell shouldn't mortgage their entire future on him either.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Until he gets a real receiver , A competent line and play calling that makes sense, no one can legitimately say what he can and cannot do. What would most other QBs look like with this crappy offense and coaching surrounding them. Having the defense collapse at the worst time surely doesn't help.

If we get a real WR core, good Oline and good offensive scheme/play calling, and he still is mediocre, than ill agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This isn't all Lamar's fault, but good greif, he hasn't played well for most of this year. Nothing wrong with admitting that. He's been pretty average for the most part. And with this OL and receiving group, that's not good enough.
    This is the most accurate take. End thread.

I need to see him one more year with a real offseason/camp/preseason. It's not like Lamar's passing deficiencies weren't well known, even last year. But we were all banking on him improving from Year 2 to Year 3 just like he did from Year 1 to Year 2, but he clearly hasn't. Doesn't mean he can't or won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Until he gets a real receiver , A competent line and play calling that makes sense, no one can legitimately say what he can and cannot do. What would most other QBs look like with this crappy offense and coaching surrounding them. Having the defense collapse at the worst time surely doesn't help.

If we get a real WR core, good Oline and good offensive scheme/play calling, and he still is mediocre, than ill agree 100%
    By then you’ve already decided to pay Lamar though, and that leaves less money to spend at other positions. That is the decision they’re coming up on.