Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Vince Young won ROY then didn’t do crap after that. It happens.
    Vince Young has a winning record in the NFL. In his rookie year, he went 8-5, 9-6 the next year, 2 years after that, 8-2.

Generally, running QBs start their careers pretty great because running is running whether if it's college or the NFL.

Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    He cant make all the throws and the other teams know it. They can sellout to stop the run and cover the middle and just rely on Lamars inaccuracy on the outside.
    Bill Belichick asked to describe the difference between playing Lamar and Watson. , "Watson is a complete QB".

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    If you want to give up on Lamar then that’s your choice but I will not give up on him

3. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Lj has regressed big time. All the talk about Hollywood and Boykin lol. How many times do they throw to Boykin? None if he is lucky it's twice in a game. A short gain he will catch and a over throw or under throw deep. Hollywood has more drops then Boykin has targets. Hollywood is a slot receiver. The coaching staff sucks plan and simple they are responsible for some of LJ issues. Not all but enough for me to complain. How to beat the ravens is easy force throws outside the numbers, stop the run, double Andrews, put a big body on Hollywood and jam him at the line, linebacker on Rb and a Safty or Corner on LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    If you want to give up on Lamar then that’s your choice but I will not give up on him
    I dont think they should give up on him, but they should as hell shouldn't mortgage their entire future on him either.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I dont think they should give up on him but they should as hell shouldn't mortgage their entire future on him either.

Well he has 6 games left this season and possibly the playoffs to prove his true value, I will root for him

6. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

He's just another running QB
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

7. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Good point on young. Problem is ravens seem to be hooking their entire carriage to jackson.
    Lamar is getting paid about $1 Million a year, which is basically nothing. In the future, probably, Lamar will be getting $40 Million, and that's gonna be difficult.

If the Ravens want to continue to win, having a QB that's making almost nothing is going to help. Lamar is not the only running QB. The Ravens could be, theoretically, hooking their entire carriage to a running QB. That's fine. Hooking an entire carriage to a $40 Million a year QB is a problem.

On the other hand, Lamar started 18-19 with a 20-3 record which is extremely great. And now, the Ravens aren't as good. Some would argue that OL might have something to do with that.

All the Ravens need to do is not lose when they get to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    It’s not that simple. I mean, what are you supposed to pay this guy? You pay him like Mahomes and you’re paying him for what he already did and it’s a Flacco thing again. At least Flacco won a SB, Lamar won an individual award. Have to decide sooner than you think about LJ’s future contract.

To me this loss goes on our vaunted defense. From the 7:00 minute mark in the 3rd quarter: they gave up 3 touchdowns. One stop anywhere along there could've won the game foe us.

10. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    He's just another running QB
    and running QBs, when they're allowed to run a lot, can do things like start their careers 20-3.

This year, the Ravens are losing a few games to the better teams, last 2 year, no, that didn't happen.

Taysom Hill won his first start as a NFL QB today. 2 rushing TDs.

It’s not that simple. I mean, what are you supposed to pay this guy? You pay him like Mahomes and you’re paying him for what he already did and it’s a Flacco thing again. At least Flacco won a SB, Lamar won an individual award
    Flacco won a SB at 28 Lamar is 23, you have to be patient with him. Flacco started 0-6 against Big Ben until 2011 when he finally beat him and started playing better individually in big games. That individual award Lamar won is a Unanimous MVP, no Ravens player has that honor other than him. There are 6 regular season games left and I would like to point out that the 2012 Ravens lost 34-17 at home against the Broncos in December and also lost to the Steelers at home with Charlie Batch at QB in December 2012. We just have to keep hanging in there as fans

12. Re: Its ALL Lamar's fault

It’s not that simple. I mean, what are you supposed to pay this guy? You pay him like Mahomes and you’re paying him for what he already did and it’s a Flacco thing again. At least Flacco won a SB, Lamar won an individual award. Have to decide sooner than you think about LJ’s future contract.
    That is exactly right, and that's the key, pivotal question for the Ravens for the coming years. No other question is anywhere as key as this.

The Redskins were able to franchise Cousins for a few years. Yes, the big dollars that Lamar will probably get will be as a reward for prior performance. We could say that Lamar is the best running QB of all time. Maybe it's true, maybe not. But I don't think that the best running QB of all time is actually worth $40 Million more a year than the 5th or 10th best running QB who is sitting at home, because most teams don't want running QBs. Definitely worth more, but not really $40 Million more. Lamar has a better passer rating this year than 2018, but in 2018, the Ravens went 6-1, and Lamar ran more. He didn't even run better, just more. When the running QB is a great runner, those QB runs are good plays, stack a bunch of good plays on top of each other, win.

Lamar was TOO GOOD last year. Now he's a star. And you have to train him to be a "franchise QB". The running QB who was the 5th QB taken that year, now he's on the track to be very expensive, and not really a running QB any more. Since this is what happens to running QBs, it's not at all unreasonable to think that this is what is going to happen with Lamar.