Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: We can turn it around but roman needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The zone read portion of the running game kept most defenses off balance for much of last year. Remember Weddle saying they had no idea who had the ball? To my eye, the deception of the zone read disappeared when Pees (ironically using Correa) gave LJ a false RB key and forced him to keep the ball and then Tenn strung him toward the sideline. The the Eagles (?) tweaked Pees's plan by faking the the RB key and then joining the chase posse to the sideline. When teams realized they didn't have to fear LJ running the zone read, the deception was gone
    This seems like exactly what is going on, teams figured out how to set up the keys to work for them instead of the Ravens. A smart, flexible, creative coach would figure this out and probe the other team to see if they have the keys and then reverse them or have a counter punch. Roman can't counter punch and to my mind can't seem to realize that the other teams have figured out the keys.

The former is troublesome enough, the latter is terrible.

The zone read portion of the running game kept most defenses off balance for much of last year. Remember Weddle saying they had no idea who had the ball? To my eye, the deception of the zone read disappeared when Pees (ironically using Correa) gave LJ a false RB key and forced him to keep the ball and then Tenn strung him toward the sideline. The the Eagles (?) tweaked Pees's plan by faking the the RB key and then joining the chase posse to the sideline. When teams realized they didn't have to fear LJ running the zone read, the deception was gone
    There is something to this..... I don't think Lamar is really seeing the field on a running place or passing plays....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

not sure why they have abandoned it because it keeps the LB honest. Hand the ball off if they're keying on the QB

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yep. Play-action on first down, like they did in Indy during the second half. Opened up the game.
    The problem with PA on 1st down is once LJ locks in on a receiver, everyone else is invisible.

Might as well ask a rattlesnake to change.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Just a random thought, along with more PA pass on 1st down.

More than 1 jet sweep/shovel pass to the jet motion per game. It's a gainer every time they call it b/c.

More WR screens.

As Romo said generally, forcing teams to pay on early downs in whatever way you can for having 8-10 guys inside the tackle box basically

Blog Entries

article on Dobbins being upset after they pulled him. Changing of the guard at RB and if Dez can continue... who knows

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-dobbins112320

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Roman Polanski is already putting vibes out for a new job, on his own... prepping for when OCs are hired away after the season... he knows there's nothing he can do with this personnel and Stephen A will get mad if the Ravens don't pay their eM Veee PEEE! He's praying that last year might still have a little shine left for Andy Reid, Marrone or whomever loses their OC... it's now or be canned later as another Bisciotti/Harbs scapegoat and have no rep left. They'll sour on EDC as well, that's a good thing, he's really not part of their circle...he's staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    article on Dobbins being upset after they pulled him. Changing of the guard at RB and if Dez can continue... who knows

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-dobbins112320
    Cut down on the subs and start running more of the offense through Dobbins a la Ray Rice. I don't think it'll be great but what do they have to lose at this point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Thats what Harbaugh has to figure out.
    John Harbaugh is very tight with Andy Reid so hopefully he gives him a call to pick his brain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Cut down on the subs and start running more of the offense through Dobbins a la Ray Rice. I don't think it'll be great but what do they have to lose at this point?
    The subs need to be minimized. I also wonder if they are tipping their hand by subbing into different personal groupings so much. They may need to do more variations of plays with the same personal grouping to throw the defense off.

12. Re: We can turn it around but roman needs to change

I'm not going to put all of this on Roman. Maybe the timing of some plays, but if you look at it, he runs the same concepts that some other coordinators run. Smash, Multiple Smash, Stick, Dagger ect. So it's not like he's not running some of the things that other play callers run. I can't critique him on that. I do think the team needs to find itself personnel and role wise. Hollywood does not need to be on the perimeter. I think they should go with Dez and Boykin on the perimeter and use Hollywood, Andrews, Snead, and Duvernay in the seams. Of course that would mean Hollywood, Snead and Duvernay would need to split snaps.