Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: Free talk Friday - 11.20.20

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    my son was the only kid in the history of his high school to progress through the drumline from cymbals in ninth grade, bass in tenth, snares in eleventh, and then...busted back to cymbals as a senior because he didn't practice the audition piece...smh
    Man, does that bring back memories. I'm a retired music teacher. Taught band/choir mostly at the K-9 level, but local HS's would hire me every summer to work their band camps.

At least at the beginning levels, you always put your best time-keepers on BD. SD, etc., follow beat one and the rest of the band follows suit.

Mr. Holland's Opus has a lot of holes in it, but BD is arguably the most important instrument in the band.

Blog Entries

I told them that I won't be going and explained how I felt. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I actually teared up a little having to do that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I told them that I won't be going and explained how I felt. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I actually teared up a little having to do that.
    Maybe you guys can use zoom. You won't actually be there but it atleast give you, your mom and family a opportunity to see each other. That's what my family doing this thanksgiving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Maybe you guys can use zoom. You won't actually be there but it atleast give you, your mom and family a opportunity to see each other. That's what my family doing this thanksgiving.
    I think, for them, it's about being around people. I don't think zoom would really suffice. My brother and I actually live in the same neighborhood and I've dog-sat for him, but a gathering of five over a big Thanksgiving dinner just made me too nervous. I haven't been tested. I'm pretty confident my mother hasn't.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Free talk Friday - 11.20.20

Originally Posted by Jazz1988
    Maybe you (to Ex)guys can use zoom. You won't actually be there but it at least give you, your mom and family a opportunity to see each other. That's what my family doing this thanksgiving.
    Good idea, Jazz! That's what we're doing. We usually go to the wife's cousins in Long Island, but that is not possible. However, we can hoist glasses (and turkey legs) on Zoom. It's the only alternative to just being alone at home, and we've done it many times on many occasions... Bc

I think, for them, it's about being around people. I don't think zoom would really suffice. My brother and I actually live in the same neighborhood and I've dog-sat for him, but a gathering of five over a big Thanksgiving dinner just made me too nervous. I haven't been tested. I'm pretty confident my mother hasn't.
    Ex, do not underestimate the power of Zoom. Your family can have a few hours of good cheer and talk face-to-face. Believe me, it's better than a depressing alternative. Try it and let us know how it turns out.

Happy Thanksgiving... Bc

Blog Entries

Zoom is lifting it's 40 minute time for Thanksgiving - you can use the app for free and have as long of a session as you want. It's on the app store, google play, etc

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm struggling with our decision now. Ugh. Stupid idiots Americans who couldn't behave and are ruining things for all of us!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/thank...QF_h4JSstAEVlz

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

My inbox is now clear, for anyone who tried to PM me. I know that, at least, one person did.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Free talk Friday - 11.20.20

My inbox is now clear, for anyone who tried to PM me. I know that, at least, one person did.
    Ex, I hope you got mine to hopefully uplift your spirits. You're young with many years ahead of you, and you deserve all those as good years because of the decent young man you've apparently become. There are family and friends that need you and we need you on the RSR board as well. Sometimes, in the darkest of hours, this vision comes upon us...

and we're in the sunlight once more... Bc

Blog Entries

Aaaaaww, thank you Bc. Yes, I did receive your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Man, does that bring back memories. I'm a retired music teacher. Taught band/choir mostly at the K-9 level, but local HS's would hire me every summer to work their band camps.

At least at the beginning levels, you always put your best time-keepers on BD. SD, etc., follow beat one and the rest of the band follows suit.

Mr. Holland's Opus has a lot of holes in it, but BD is arguably the most important instrument in the band.
    Unless you're doing orchestra, then it shifts to timpani.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk