Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paralyzation

Paralyzation

What I'm going to love to watch these next four years is the paralyzation of the Trump wannabees. Rubio, Cruz, Pence, Hailey, and Pompeo and the rest of the Trump nut huggers who think they gonna run in 2024....but can't get no momentum because Trump will still control the party and will float the idea of rerunning. Trump will have them fools by the puppet strings doing dances.

All the nut hugging for nothing. Trump is going to be laughing at them. That and given Biden hell for the next four years will keep him busy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Re: Paralyzation

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    What I'm going to love to watch these next four years is the paralyzation of the Trump wannabees. Rubio, Cruz, Pence, Hailey, and Pompeo and the rest of the Trump nut huggers who think they gonna run in 2024....but can't get no momentum because Trump will still control the party and will float the idea of rerunning. Trump will have them fools by the puppet strings doing dances.

All the nut hugging for nothing. Trump is going to be laughing at them. That and given Biden hell for the next four years will keep him busy.

Question? Do you want Biden to well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The republican party i knew all my life is dead. This is now the party of Trump and his twitter account.

Republicans turned a blind eye to Trumps assault on institutions, not reform but assault.
    Republicans listened to the lies and conspiracies and when questioned on them cowered behind comments like "I havent heard that." as they ran away.
    Republicans ignored basic pillars on which the party stood for years.

For the duration of Trumps Presidency they did this out of fear of his twitter account. Now they are doing it out of fear it could cost them the senate if Trump doesnt support their candidates or worse yet makes a comment against the candidates. They will continue on this path because Trump has gotten a taste of real power and is not about to give it up. He will act as the kingmaker in the party and expect all republicans to bow before him.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Question? Do you want Biden to well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Sure. But it's going to be hard.... Unless they somehow win Georgia seats. Look, Biden will TRY to work with the GOP... It is his nature. But Mitch will do his best to make sure that doenst happen. Because Trump will be pulling strings from Twitter. I hope I am wrong

You trump haters just dont get it. Its the voters that love trump. So any bowing down to trump by the party is because of the voters. Funny thing a bi partisan sentiment here is that the status-quo of the parties need to be upended. New candiates, stuff like that. Well that is trump and By golly the are the rage against him is astounding

Blog Entries

Most people understand why the GOP became Quislings for Trump, blah.

Which is why the GOP needs to get burned down the foundation. It's the only way to get the Trump stink out of the party.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The republican party i knew all my life is dead. This is now the party of Trump and his twitter account.

Republicans turned a blind eye to Trumps assault on institutions, not reform but assault.
    Republicans listened to the lies and conspiracies and when questioned on them cowered behind comments like "I havent heard that." as they ran away.
    Republicans ignored basic pillars on which the party stood for years.

For the duration of Trumps Presidency they did this out of fear of his twitter account. Now they are doing it out of fear it could cost them the senate if Trump doesnt support their candidates or worse yet makes a comment against the candidates. They will continue on this path because Trump has gotten a taste of real power and is not about to give it up. He will act as the kingmaker in the party and expect all republicans to bow before him.
    You are right about one thing. The Republican Party is dead. It died long before Trump came around. He just saw the void and stepped in. The republicans party gave up when they nominated McCain in 2008. Then followed with Romney in 2012. Both are basically Democrats. The voters left the party. So what did the gop do? Follow up by coronating Jeb. The only ones that wanted jeb were the liberal elites.

So yes, the GOP is dead. If conservatives wanted to start a new party, it would thrive. Trump might have some say. But I don’t see a GOP RINO ever winning office. And with the GOP split, I don’t know when they will win another major election.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Most people understand why the GOP became Quislings for Trump, blah.

Which is why the GOP needs to get burned down the foundation. It's the only way to get the Trump stink out of the party.

So people expressing their will through the ballot box is a bad thing??? Making the GOP Elected officials support what the voters want is bad??
    But you are getting the thing people supposedly say they want. You’ve got the trump oustider faction and you have the never trumper Lincoln project republicans. Thats step two in upending the two party system right. Thats a good thing rivht????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So people expressing their will through the ballot box is a bad thing??? Making the GOP Elected officials support what the voters want is bad??
    But you are getting the thing people supposedly say they want. You’ve got the trump oustider faction and you have the never trumper Lincoln project republicans. Thats step two in upending the two party system right. Thats a good thing rivht????
    Jim Crow was what the people wanted and it was a bad thing. Slavery at one point was what the people wanted and it, too, was a bad thing.

The people wanting something isn't ipso facto a bestowal of moral rectitude.

Trump's national populism is an attack on America and America's interests. Elected officials are supposed to be leaders as well as representatives, not frightened sheep before a con man and his ignorant followers.

Jim Crow was what the people wanted and it was a bad thing. Slavery at one point was what the people wanted and it, too, was a bad thing.

The people wanting something isn't ipso facto a bestowal of moral rectitude.

Trump's national populism is an attack on America and America's interests. Elected officials are supposed to be leaders as well as representatives, not frightened sheep before a con man and his ignorant followers.

Funny the two things you listed were supported by the democrat party and yet today you are iN support of the dems. So clearly you think a party can change. So if the GOP splits into trumpers and Lincoln project Republicans you, and so many others who clamor for a ‘change of the 2 party status quo’ will be getting their wish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Funny the two things you listed were supported by the democrat party and yet today you are iN support of the dems. So clearly you think a party can change. So if the GOP splits into trumpers and Lincoln project Republicans you, and so many others who clamor for a ‘change of the 2 party status quo’ will be getting their wish.
    I don't support the Democrats save to see the end of Trump's horrible presidency and the end of Trumpism (which apparently isn't going away with Trump).

The Democrats were the conservative party when they backed slavery and when they backed Jim Crow, though on the latter we're really just talking about Southern Democrats.

I'd love to see the end of the two party system but that can't happen under our current electoral rules. First past the post mathematically guarantees a two party system. I would love to see us adopt Ranked Choice Voting. I think it would make issues more relevant, make politics more civil, and end the dominance of the major parties. There are other reforms we need to adopt as well, though that's getting way off topic.

The Founders rightly feared populism. It's a threat to liberty and the rights of man. We need a conservative party. We don't need a populist one.

I don't support the Democrats save to see the end of Trump's horrible presidency and the end of Trumpism (which apparently isn't going away with Trump).

The Democrats were the conservative party when they backed slavery and when they backed Jim Crow, though on the latter we're really just talking about Southern Democrats.

I'd love to see the end of the two party system but that can't happen under our current electoral rules. First past the post mathematically guarantees a two party system. I would love to see us adopt Ranked Choice Voting. I think it would make issues more relevant, make politics more civil, and end the dominance of the major parties. There are other reforms we need to adopt as well, though that's getting way off topic.

The Founders rightly feared populism. It's a threat to liberty and the rights of man. We need a conservative party. We don't need a populist one.

But we are moving toward your wish of not only having two parties and yet you bemoan it. Which really points to that you dont conpmaint is not with the two party system you just want your policy choices enacted.