Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paralyzation

Blog Entries

Re: Paralyzation

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But we are moving toward your wish of not only having two parties and yet you bemoan it. Which really points to that you dont conpmaint is not with the two party system you just want your policy choices enacted.
    You're having a fictional conversation with someone, because this has zero to do with what I wrote.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    You're having a fictional conversation with someone, because this has zero to do with what I wrote.

You responded to me and my inital point and it has everything to do with that.

Blog Entries

Your initial point was a tribal strawman. We know why the GOP are Quislings for Trump.

Meanwhile, more people voted against Trump than for him. Both times.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Your initial point was a tribal strawman. We know why the GOP are Quislings for Trump.

Meanwhile, more people voted against Trump than for him. Both times.

Why exactly do you feel its bad that voters will hold elected officials accountable by not supporting them. Cause thats the only reason many of the GOP establishment’supported’ Trump

Blog Entries

Nowhere did I say it's bad for voters to hold politicians accountable.

Regardless of what the voters think, however, the Quisling Republicans violated their oath of office and the oath they swore before the trial in the Senate. They've worked to weaken America at home and abroad with their cowardice.

6. Re: Paralyzation

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You trump haters just dont get it. Its the voters that love trump. So any bowing down to trump by the party is because of the voters. Funny thing a bi partisan sentiment here is that the status-quo of the parties need to be upended. New candiates, stuff like that. Well that is trump and By golly the are the rage against him is astounding
    Trump may be an "outsider" but he has done nothing to further the tenants of democracy or serve and protect our nation. His lies would lead one to believe he has but his actions say otherwise.

I read somewhere and have heard on more than one occasion that studies show roughly 30% of our nation favors an authoritarian style of government. They dont say so outright but the answers to questions indicate it is so. I think an awful lot of Trumps followers fall in this category. Ill or maybe barely informed, but they like the strong man who tells it like it is image. They could care less if he is competent.

If ever there was a need for a third party it is now. If i had a spare billion dollars laying around i would love to hire a few of the best legal minds in the country and have them go after the laws that make a third party and their candidates almost impossible to field. The privately held businesses that are our political parties are one of the greatest examples of suppressing competition i have ever seen.

A party that put country first. The 11% approval ratings of congress cry out for systemic change.

Blog Entries

Ending partisan gerrymandering, increasing the size of the House, and Ranked Choice Voting (or something similar) would do a lot to improve partisan polarization and make third parties more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Trump may be an "outsider" but he has done nothing to further the tenants of democracy or serve and protect our nation. His lies would lead one to believe he has but his actions say otherwise.

I read somewhere and have heard on more than one occasion that studies show roughly 30% of our nation favors an authoritarian style of government. They dont say so outright but the answers to questions indicate it is so. I think an awful lot of Trumps followers fall in this category. Ill or maybe barely informed, but they like the strong man who tells it like it is image. They could care less if he is competent.

If ever there was a need for a third party it is now. If i had a spare billion dollars laying around i would love to hire a few of the best legal minds in the country and have them go after the laws that make a third party and their candidates almost impossible to field. The privately held businesses that are our political parties are one of the greatest examples of suppressing competition i have ever seen.

A party that put country first. The 11% approval ratings of congress cry out for systemic change.
    Its funny you think the administration that reduced a large amount of regulation is authoritarian. The admin against shutdowns. Yeah thats the authoritarian side

I guess the point I agree with is that certain people tend to rationalize authoritarianism when it seems to favor their “side”. Sometimes without even realizing it. How many bumper stickers do you see that say “Don’t tread on me” and the next one is the thin, blue line thing. I’m sure there are many examples of this.

When you can't see that Newsom, Whitmer and Cuomo are using authoritarian means compared to say Abbott, Desantis and Noem what can you say.