Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: They're all laughing at you

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I normally do, but that's really not enough at the moment.. Small businesses need help from the government right now.
    No they don’t. Look at the profits from the big businesses. Just spread out where you buy from.

The main point of the post is the the lockdowns are killing small businesses and they need to end. COVID is being used to take away our liberties and they big companies and politicians are benefiting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No they don’t. Look at the profits from the big businesses. Just spread out where you buy from.

The main point of the post is the the lockdowns are killing small businesses and they need to end. COVID is being used to take away our liberties and they big companies and politicians are benefiting from it.
    Me and you buying local ain't enough right now bro. More people are staying home due to covid and ordering what they want/need from the big guys. Covid isn't going away. Small businesses big time need help from the gov, especially small bars and music venues which will be the last to be allowed to open back up.

Blog Entries

Me and you buying local ain't enough right now bro. More people are staying home due to covid and ordering what they want/need from the big guys. Covid isn't going away. Small businesses big time need help from the gov, especially small bars and music venues which will be the last to be allowed to open back up.
    Bro. The money is being spent, it just needs to be spent elsewhere.

And COVID isn’t going away. So stop the lockdowns and let people live

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Quick question ...I assume all the self righteous folks who post here gladly shop at Bobs little hardware store and Barbs corner market and pay higher prices for their goods and services because they care soo much about ...” the little man”? No one goes to Costco or Sams. Not one of us shops on Amazon. Nope. Gotta shop local. Pay more ...have less choice ...but ...it saves the “little man”.

Yeah right. Watch out for the “Chem -Trails”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I shop local all of the time.

I get my milk and meat from a local farmstead.

I get my fruit and veggies from a local farmstead between April and November.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: They're all laughing at you

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Bro. The money is being spent, it just needs to be spent elsewhere.

And COVID isn’t going away. So stop the lockdowns and let people live
    Lock downs? What lock downs? I know there are restricted business hours/capacity, especially in the hospitality industry, but lock downs, as in stay at home orders? Where?

I normally do, but that's really not enough at the moment.. Small businesses need help from the government right now.
    No, small businesses only need to stop being hurt by state and local governments.
    If public health takes precedence than they need to be compensated for the destruction government is doing to them.

7. Re: They're all laughing at you

Initially i was not real sympathetic to many small business owners. A constant refrain of capitalism is that business owners take the risk and therefore are entitled to the rewards. Well, this pandemic falls under risk. Capitalism advocates that If they fail someone else will come in and provide the same goods or service. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that this was a government directed loss of business. As certain restrictions have dragged on, and as a result of the governments horrific response to this pandemic, it is clear that very few small businesses are capitalized to the point they could survive no matter how well run their business.

Since the lock downs have been lifted i have refocused my irritation towards many of the larger corporations. These guys justify their huge profits and executive paychecks on the risk/reward argument. When things are good they abhor any regulation or oversight shouting "government, get out of our way". Now, when things go south they seem to be in the front of the line for tax payer funded bail outs. They hold potential layoffs as leverage over politicians to the point of extortion. There is something not quite rite with that equation in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Initially i was not real sympathetic to many small business owners. A constant refrain of capitalism is that business owners take the risk and therefore are entitled to the rewards. Well, this pandemic falls under risk. Capitalism advocates that If they fail someone else will come in and provide the same goods or service. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that this was a government directed loss of business. As certain restrictions have dragged on, and as a result of the governments horrific response to this pandemic, it is clear that very few small businesses are capitalized to the point they could survive no matter how well run their business.

Since the lock downs have been lifted i have refocused my irritation towards many of the larger corporations. These guys justify their huge profits and executive paychecks on the risk/reward argument. When things are good they abhor any regulation or oversight shouting "government, get out of our way". Now, when things go south they seem to be in the front of the line for tax payer funded bail outs. They hold potential layoffs as leverage over politicians to the point of extortion. There is something not quite rite with that equation in my book.
    Agreed, this is government forced loss of business, not a capitalist loss. It IS the government’s interference with capitalism directly causing the loss. It should be their responsibility to make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Quick question ...I assume all the self righteous folks who post here gladly shop at Bobs little hardware store and Barbs corner market and pay higher prices for their goods and services because they care soo much about ...” the little man”? No one goes to Costco or Sams. Not one of us shops on Amazon. Nope. Gotta shop local. Pay more ...have less choice ...but ...it saves the “little man”.

Yeah right. Watch out for the “Chem -Trails”.

We know you dont support anything thats non union.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post

Did I just enter The Twilight Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, small businesses only need to stop being hurt by state and local governments.
    If public health takes precedence than they need to be compensated for the destruction government is doing to them.

Compensated by who....

The government. Thats what I said.

12. Re: They're all laughing at you

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Did I just enter The Twilight Zone?
    Not at all. Where many here and I disagree is I do find a place for a federal government.