Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: They're all laughing at you

Heck, it happens to me down here quite a bit. I make a non-partisan statement and am met with rants about “The left” and ‘typical leftist thinking’

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hard to have a healthy debate when the first words out of a lot of Liberal-Leftist mouths are "You are racist and a Nazi and should be punched".
    The best part is both sides see each other exactly the same and don't realize it.

Spend a few hours on either sides echo chambers.

Dems are all secret wealthy jew soros paid communist death dealing antifas who are somehow also snowflakes and incapable of being a real threat

Repubs are all white male kkk members who secretly are names planning to overthrow democracy and instal a Trump led theocracy , yet are too dumb to figure it out.

Oh and I forgot both are actually...secretly running pedophile rings and owned by [insert your favorite foreign power boogyman... normally russia or china].

Its amazing. No one can be anything but the worst anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The best part is both sides see each other exactly the same and don't realize it.

Dems are all secret wealthy jew soros paid communist death dealing antifas who are somehow also snowflakes and incapable of being a real threat

Repubs are all white male kkk members who secretly are names planning to overthrow democracy and instal a Trump led theocracy , yet are too dumb to figure it out.

Oh and I forgot both are actually...secretly running pedophile rings and owned by [insert your favorite foreign power boogyman... normally russia or china].

This is facts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hasn't social media and elections taught us that rage drives voters more than sensibility?

It's how we get the literally hitler meme, expect of every 4 years its a 24/7 loop.

Blog Entries

This is this core of the problem with our country. You can make a clear non partisan observation, and both sides will runtime their echo chamber and either promote parts or attack parts along party group think.

We as Americans are inherently more self absorbed and selfish than most western countries.

That has led to great things over the years, the will and determination to achieve great things,

Yet today in 2o2o, that very ME FIRST attitude is the main reason why we are struggling with control of the virus and the economic fallout.

Thats not a partisan view. It's a fact. We don't want to lock down to help others , we want to keep the economy, we want to keep put job.

Its bred into us over generations... when the question is why are we still dealing with covid compared to other countries...well we don't really care.

Its an observation, it has nothing to do with trump or biden or taxes or Hollywood elite... (lol wtf).

We lack a sense of community which has gotten worse over the generations.
    It’s not we want to keep individual freedom for selfish reasons, it’s we want to protect them for the next generations. I find it selfish to say give up your freedom for a little while so I can feel safe from this virus.

2 things I will quote in regards to this

"Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten," the court's unsigned majority opinion said. "The restrictions at issue here, by effectively barring many from attending religious services, strike at the very heart of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty."

“Emergencies Have Always Been the Pretext on Which the Safeguards of Individual Liberty Have Been Eroded”

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It’s not we want to keep individual freedom for selfish reasons, it’s we want to protect them for the next generations. I find it selfish to say give up your freedom for a little while so I can feel safe from this virus.

"Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten," the court's unsigned majority opinion said. "The restrictions at issue here, by effectively barring many from attending religious services, strike at the very heart of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty."

“Emergencies Have Always Been the Pretext on Which the Safeguards of Individual Liberty Have Been Eroded”
    Always.

I think there's room for reasonable compromise. I dont think wearing a mask in public is an assault to your rights as its literally protecting your fellow countryman

As far as gatherings, I think they should be up to the business, or church which ur referencing.

The bigger point I was making, is that even a benign statement like this will be taken to the echo chamber and someone will be offended by it on both sides.... thats the issue with our country as it relates to coming together to beat this effectively

The idea either side cant even engage with the other anymore is pathetic

Blog Entries

I think there's room for reasonable compromise. I dont think wearing a mask in public is an assault to your rights as its literally protecting your fellow countryman

As far as gatherings, I think they should be up to the business, or church which ur referencing.

The bigger point I was making, is that even a benign statement like this will be taken to the echo chamber and someone will be offended by it on both sides.... thats the issue with our country as it relates to coming together to beat this effectively

The idea either side cant even engage with the other anymore is pathetic
    Honestly I will tell you thinks it’s the force of Government that have people pushing back on the mask. If they said hey we’re not 100% sure this is full proof but we think it’ll help limit the spread please try to wear one I’d bet we’d see less pushback

9. Re: They're all laughing at you

I think the opinion was absolute bullsh*t. No one was denying religious freedom. No where in my catholic version of the bible or in my years of catholic education did it say I had to have a minimum size group to worship. I would bet not one person here can show me a minimum attendance requirement to worship. The issue was denying a group over a certain size to worship at the same time at the same place. It is between the minister, priest or whatever and his flock to figure out how to conduct their services. This is what happens when you have people in charge, in this case the SCOTUS, who are pushing a religious agenda which as representatives of our government is expressly forbidden.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    I think the opinion was absolute bullsh*t. No one was denying religious freedom. No where in my catholic version of the bible or in my years of catholic education did it say I had to have a minimum size group to worship. I would bet not one person here can show me a minimum attendance requirement to worship. The issue was denying a group over a certain size to worship at the same time at the same place. It is between the minister, priest or whatever and his flock to figure out how to conduct their services. This is what happens when you have people in charge, in this case the SCOTUS, who are pushing a religious agenda which as representatives of our government is expressly forbidden.
    You can think it’s bullshit and you can be wrong too. To limit the size of a gathering is to limit the freedom to assemble regardless of how you feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I dunno, I received nearly $6k in federal assistance this spring/summer. And then my current employer was able to hire me and pay me another $30-40k in large part due to SBA assistance granted by Trump.

I check my bank account instead of the news to find out who helps me, your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is so myopic and shortsighted, it's insane! All I have to do is see the stupid long lines around my neighborhood going to the foodbank to see that this country failed its citizens. What you told was a purely anecdotal story. People are suffering right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Hogwash
    Where did I lie?