Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Slight viewing problem on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    just checked it out, they're showing Atlanta here. I don't see any way for me to 'legally' watch the game today
    I didn't know they used location to determine what u could watch. I used in it SC TO to watch a game a few weeks ago. Sorry, maybe I had a VPN running to a server locally and forgot.

My bad

2. Re: Slight viewing problem on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Is it .com or .us? I am book marking all these sites on my pc.

I use vipleague.lc but I've had issues with it cutting out in the past.
    nflbite.com I use it on my phone. They have every NFL game, and there are dozens of streams to choose from. Sometimes there are pop up ads that you have to fight with, but generally you can get to a page where you can maximize the video screen to full, and have a solid enough experience.

I'm going to go on a bit about phones, and what one might do. These days you can get a broken phone that used to cost $800 for about $50 on ebay. You might already have a phone. You might have a phone that is better than this broken phone, maybe an apple phone. And you already know that your apple phone is a versatile device. Typically a $50 broken phone is going to have a cracked screen, and a model that requires a full disassembly of the phone to fix exactly right. So, there are some models of phone that are just not worth it to fix right. And there are a decent number of phones that have cracked glass. But there are ways to fix cracked glass in a way that it's ok, or satisfactory, as a device that can do a lot of things.

I have a broken screen LG V30. Got it on ebay, $30. The front screen was pretty much shattered. It was useable, but you were running your fingers on broken glass, which is worse than ideal. So, what I did was remove as much of the broken glass from the screen, a long, long process, involving a whole bunch of really pointy wood toothpicks and coconut oil. Heat from the device and the coconut oil weaken the glue enough to pull or pry up the glass. You remove the glass in such a way that the number of lines is minimized. Then you buy a screen protector for your model, and you buy loca 2500 ultraviolet glue, which stays soft unless there is ultraviolet radiation. The loca 2500 glue will replace the missing glass, so put a bunch of loca glue on there, remove the excess, put the screen protector on there, and take it outside during the day and have the sun cure the glue. I can't see any evidence of a broken screen. I do have air bubbles in there. It doesn't look great or new, but it's perfectly functional, with a smooth surface.

And one of the things you can do with this phone, and probably many others like it, is watch football games on the phone by going to nflbite.com or other sources of streams. Also, I have hooked my phone up to a tv, with a usb-c cord, going into a powered hub, which charges the phone, and then a hdmi cord from the hub to the tv. And the game looks good on the tv. I leave the hub and the cords attached to the tv, and detatch the phone. plug the phone into the hub, and the phone is both charging and showing on the tv. These phones can do other neat stuff like running windows. I have W95, W98 and XP on my phone. I've got Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (a 20 year old version of it) on my phone. You can't see anything on the phone screen, way too small, but when you're hooking up your phone to a tv, you have a big monitor, 1080p, could be 40 inches.

I'd assume that most fairly new flagships with broken screens have a lot of these same functionalities, 50$ ebay, and all of these glues and screen protectors and cords and hubs are $10 or less. It's just pretty amazing that you can get all these functionalities for so cheap. got a phone, wifi, couple cords and a big tv and you have a good quality full screen stream on the big tv. And everything else.

Just wanted to mention that, because it's on the general topic of "what to buy" and things like antennas were mentioned to purchase and all that.

That particular phone or series of phones, the V series, also has extremely good audio if that's of interest. Excellent 24/192 wav/flac audio recording. Same 24/192 playback. Native resolution, no resampling. DAC/ADCs are great. You can run an external mic in through the headphone jack - many new phones you can do this, TRRS cords, left headphone, right headphone, and microphone/line in mono. So you could run off the soundboard somewhere, and record at 24/192 wav. You'd have to buy a special $5 cord to run the mic/line in. The audio part of the video is excellent. With just the audio recorder, you have choices of 16/24, wav/flac, and 44/48/88/96/176/192. With the video, you can enable hi-fi, which gives you 24/48, so, better than CD quality on the video. Finding uncompressed audio, especially at 24/48 is rare in phones and even in point and shoot cameras. The video quality is not great, ok, does go up to 4K. The microphones are very good. You have manual gain control, where you can lower it up to 20db. Really excellent - and stealthy - audio recorder. You could have a better portable audio recorder, but maybe a live nation venue might not let you in with it. This is a phone. turn it on, if there's a table you can put it on, you can get a 24/192 live recording that really sounds good though the device (and a stereo).

As a music player, as an old ipod replace, it's excellent. It supports micro SD cards up to 2 TB - they don't exist yet - and 512 gb cards do exist and you can get them for as low as $60. You can hook up a 2tb external hard drive and play music and movies from the hard drive, through the tv. Or you could put that stuff on the 512 gb micro sd card. Stereophile magazine thinks that it's as good, as a music player, technical specs and such, as a $1000 music player. Recommended, and a general recommendation that broken screen recent flagship phones have an incredible use value to cost ratio.

3. Re: Slight viewing problem on Sunday

I have xfinity here in Frederick and we currently get both Baltimore and Washington's CBS affiliates. I just got an email saying they are dropping the neighboring markets local broadcast due to higher fees. Im not sure if Baltimore or Dc is considered the local market. Most Sundays wont matter because Washington plays on Fox but on days like today i would've been stuck watching them play the Bengals

Re: Slight viewing problem on Sunday

Something good did happen for me on Sunday (miracles do happen on Sundays). I reverted back to the 20th (or 20th and a half) century when I ‘took one more shot’ at my indoor rotary antenna via the digital converter (“digital stream”) I purchased ~ 2007(?) to allow my continued use of my old CRT TV (25” Sanyo recently replaced 19” Samsung). Bear with me; my explanation is about as long as the process took.

I was confused because I had forgotten the difference between RF channels and VHF/UHF channels. I was getting what I thought was WBAL 11 but the menu showed WJZ 13. I didn’t know what to think at first. I rotated my antenna from east to north and back to east (roughly towards Television Hill in Baltimore). No change in that there was no visual reception even though the signal strength was very strong (36 dB I think). Very frustrating.

And then I remembered what I had done intermittently in years past. I selected RESCAN (usually a risky maneuver) which took 2-3 minutes showing the reconfiguration of RF channel correspondence to VHF/UHF channels (2-68) based on the signal strength brought in by my directional antenna.

Once the rescan completed ...
    DOINK!!!! WJZ 13 Ravens game in progress. I really get a kick out of (pleasantly) surprising myself. I programmed my old VCR, turned the set off, and called my brother to tell him the good news - begging him not to tell me what I missed. That was at halftime.

You know the rest of the story.